Who do you want to be the Republican nominee for President in 2024?

• Donald Trump

• Ron DeSantis

Results are only viewable after voting.
Where have you been? Its been a while since I've seen a post from you.
Nice to see you back.

Desantis is an ex-Navy Seal Team One member. Trump is a "very flawed man" as General Kelly described him.
If Trump runs in 2024 he'll be much older than we remember him.
Near 80 you age faster, and Donny is too fat to start with. I'm expecting his age and health to be an issue.
I thank Trump for proving his "America First" policies are popular with voters.
I think Newt and the RNC will come up with another "Contract with America" to run on in 2024.

Hey there! Henry Kissinger is 99 and just came out with a new 600 page book on International Relations and is still regular consulting world leaders. I think it's a mistake to judge who you vote for by age.

I think this is going to come down to whether or not Republicans believe Trump went too far on January 6, 2021 or not. Do they believe he tried to overthrow the U.S. government and essentially become a dictator? Will the Department of Justice find evidence to convict Trump of a crime?

While it should not be a factor, we do live in a rather ignorant and ageist society when it comes to age. People still live by the model developed in the 1930s that you retire and sit in a rocking chair at age 65. There are many people that have career or financial interest in people still believing that. More people are waking up to the fact that the idea that you need or have to retire at 65 is ancient, outdated thinking.

But the fact is ageism is still alive and well, and is probably a more popular form and accepted form of discrimination than racism, sexism, or other things. The fact that DeSantis is in his 40s compared to Trump who will pass 80 during the next Presidential Term is obviously going to have an impact. Plus DeSantis would love to be the nominee and go up against Biden who is even older. But Trump has a huge ego and loves campaigning. If he goes in strong, will DeSantis really challenge him for it. It might be better for DeSantis to wait and let Trump do his thing, and then run in the next election cycle. By then DeSantis will have a better understanding of how toxic or non-toxic Trump is and how to handle questions about Trump, his supporters, etc.

Trump is getting weaker as a candidate, and the polling data here seems to indicate that as well.

A better question is will the respondents vote for the winner of that contest in the general election?

Unfortunately there are sore losers within the republican party who will take their football and go home if they dont get their way

Good, because if either Trump or DeSantis is the nominee, I'll be voting for BIDEN.

Unless something changes fast, here's your future: Trump will win in 2024 and the entire Democrat machine will claim, without evidence, the election was rigged. Democrats will not notice the inconsistency because the fake news will tell them it all makes sense.

Well, he lost in 2020, and is obviously weakening in terms of his popularity. Will that be enough to prevent him from running or winning the nomination if he does run is still uncertain. This poll is not scientific obviously, but I am surprised with the results so far.

Well, a 4 to 4 tie so far. If DeSantis could win a poll against Trump in here, he is probably not going to even attempt a run. His legal issues are only growing at the moment right now. The question is, how would DeSantis treat Trump and the Trump Presidency on the campaign trail? Would he kiss up, or distance himself?
You guys HATE this Committee Shit Show, but there is ONE person on the (R) side that is LOVING this, and that guy is DeSantis.

A. Donald Trump
B. Ron DeSantis

Adults vote for policies, not persons.

Doing otherwise gave us the morass we are in today.

The correct answer is any candidate who will bring policies that benefit America and Americans.

Hey there! Henry Kissinger is 99 and just came out with a new 600 page book on International Relations and is still regular consulting world leaders. I think it's a mistake to judge who you vote for by age.

I think this is going to come down to whether or not Republicans believe Trump went too far on January 6, 2021 or not. Do they believe he tried to overthrow the U.S. government and essentially become a dictator? Will the Department of Justice find evidence to convict Trump of a crime?

While it should not be a factor, we do live in a rather ignorant and ageist society when it comes to age. People still live by the model developed in the 1930s that you retire and sit in a rocking chair at age 65. There are many people that have career or financial interest in people still believing that. More people are waking up to the fact that the idea that you need or have to retire at 65 is ancient, outdated thinking.

But the fact is ageism is still alive and well, and is probably a more popular form and accepted form of discrimination than racism, sexism, or other things. The fact that DeSantis is in his 40s compared to Trump who will pass 80 during the next Presidential Term is obviously going to have an impact. Plus DeSantis would love to be the nominee and go up against Biden who is even older. But Trump has a huge ego and loves campaigning. If he goes in strong, will DeSantis really challenge him for it. It might be better for DeSantis to wait and let Trump do his thing, and then run in the next election cycle. By then DeSantis will have a better understanding of how toxic or non-toxic Trump is and how to handle questions about Trump, his supporters, etc.

Trump is getting weaker as a candidate, and the polling data here seems to indicate that as well.
i got Kissinger's new book...all i have to do now is find time to read some of it!

It was that 'baggage' that got him elected in 2016.

It kept his name front and center during the campaign.

are dems stupid enough to make that mistake again?
He won in 2016 in spite of that baggage as he had no record to run away from. Since then he acquired an entirely new set of baggage and a record that can be evaluated against other's records, both Dem and GOP.

The country was not stupid enough to make that mistake again and voted against him in record numbers in 2020.

A. Donald Trump
B. Ron DeSantis
I guarantee you that DeSantis % in this poll would be much higher if you made this public.
I would wager $100 several TDS sufferers here voted Trump because they want to maintain the belief all Republicans worship Trump

He won in 2016 in spite of that baggage as he had no record to run away from. Since then he acquired an entirely new set of baggage and a record that can be evaluated against other's records, both Dem and GOP.

The country was not stupid enough to make that mistake again and voted against him in record numbers in 2020.
voted against him in record numbers in 2020.

and lost with more votes than he won by in 2016.

More voted for him in 2020 than in 2016.

Don't like Trump, never did.

But...

He received 62,985,106 votes (45.9%)

votes in 2016 and 74,224,319 in 2020, an increase of nearly 12 million.

He seems to have only lost favor with Democrats.

Who didn't want him in office in the first place.

Forum List

Back