White racism linked to heart disease

Some just can't be pleased

The Nation’s Elie Mystal is one of the country’s most widely read journalists. He recently wrote: “[O]ne of the principal benefits of the pandemic is how I’ve been able to exclude racism and whiteness generally from my day-to-day life.” Though he occasionally must worry about white people “on Zoom,” the good news is that “white people aren’t in my face all the time.” Instead, he lives in what he calls a “technically advanced, globally isolated” version of “Wakanda” where he “can pick and choose when and how often to interact with white people.”

I'm not ready to reenter white society. A weekend trip to CVS really drove that home for me. I'm not ready to put on my white people armor, just to go to the store.
My latest in @thenation I Am Not Ready to Reenter White Society
— Elie Mystal (@ElieNYC) March 23, 2021
snip

Professor Mystal enjoys a lucrative career complaining about white people. Even though the leading institutions in our society in academia (Harvard and Harvard Law), journalism (the New York Times), and media (MSNBC and Fox News) have all given him a platform, he still seems to believe he is oppressed by “systemic racism.” If he truly does feel oppressed even after receiving all these benefits, what more can we do?

“I’m not ready to go back to accepting that, in a diverse and pluralistic society, some white people are allowed to just impose their implicit biases on the world, and the rest of us have to suck it up,” he said in his recent column. The basis for this sweeping conclusion was an incident he witnessed at a CVS. An older white woman pulled up to the store and shouted at a black teenaged girl, “Is this where you get the vaccines?” It’s not clear from the story whether the black girl worked at the store.

What do you say Mr. Mystal? Name your terms. Let’s realize Marcus Garvey’s dream. You’ll never have to worry about putting on your “white people armor” again. You can always be the “default” skin color. You can have your Wakanda. Of course, it will also mean you no longer have us to blame. Let’s see if you really want to be free, or whether you just want to be paid to complain about us.

Not having friends of another race is suicide, mkay?
a recent study from the University of Pennsylvania suggests that whites in highly biased communities are less likely to trust and bond with others in their community, and this lack of social connectedness may have negative health implications.
But we do not want segregation.

If it is true that living in an all-Caucasian environment (neighborhood, schools, malls, etc.) can cause health problems, probably there are many Caucasians that are more than willing to take the risk.

Well, white racists tend to get a lot angrier and harbor more resentment than your average white person. That causes stress, so I'm really not surprised. Stress kills.

Continually walking around with a chip on one's shoulder is no way to go through life, because you can miss a lot.
How many white racists do you know?
Stacy Abrams ,Camel-Harris ,Al Sharpton ,Louis Farrakhan , and Reverand GD America ,just to name a few. OOOPS! They ain't White!
Isn't Harris half-white?

And half black, Jewish, Jamaican, Indian, or Asian depending on her mood, audience, or the time of day. :D

Well, white racists tend to get a lot angrier and harbor more resentment than your average white person. That causes stress, so I'm really not surprised. Stress kills.

Continually walking around with a chip on one's shoulder is no way to go through life, because you can miss a lot.

Knew a lot of them when I was stationed at NATTC Millington TN, and rented a place just north of there called Tipton county. Matter of fact, there used to be a sign on the county line sign telling black people (only they used the n word) to not let the sun set on them in that county (meaning they would injure or kill them). And, I've met several while being stationed at Jacksonville FL. Lots of rednecks there who didn't like black people.

To whom was THIS comment directed?

Not directed at anyone specifically. Just an observation that I've learned while living my life. And yeah, if a person is walking around with a chip on their shoulder against a group of people, they can miss out on a lot because they won't be willing to learn from them. Me? I learned early in life that there are lots of people, either not of my ethnicity, religion, political view, or country, who were able to teach me things that were useful for my life, and if I was biased against their group, they couldn't teach me anything because I wouldn't listen. Matter of fact, on my last ship, I was placed in a stateroom with the ship's Chaplain, and everyone was taking bets on how long we would stay roommates, because he was an Evangelical Christian, and I was a Taoist, and everyone thought I was biased against Christians. I told Arthur to take the very last day of his tour, and he'd make a mint. Some of the best conversations I've ever had were with him, comparing what we believed and why.

And, he did make a lot of money. As a gift before he left, he got me a set of 700 ct bedsheets and pillowcase because he made so much money.

Knew a lot of them when I was stationed at NATTC Millington TN, and rented a place just north of there called Tipton county. Matter of fact, there used to be a sign on the county line sign telling black people (only they used the n word) to not let the sun set on them in that county (meaning they would injure or kill them). And, I've met several while being stationed at Jacksonville FL. Lots of rednecks there who didn't like black people.
How many were violent? The sign does not count.

All I see nowadays is Black Racists.

I already have heart disease. Most older people do even if they don't know it. But my problem didn't have a damn thing to do with race. It was the result of a congenital condition that got worse over time. In the long run I was schooled about how all the well known factors, exercise, diet, stress and heredity, pretty much determine your hearts health. Drinking soda is a factor. Racism is not.

h

This "study" is based off of a websites "tests" for biases. Ok, boomer? :lol:
Hey, lets lay off the boomer crap. We didn't start this racist bs. As for the swab jockey's assertion that white racists get angrier--LOL--that's rich. Watch the news every night and see the stories about BLM, Systemic racism, black attacks on Asians, etc. The uncalled for black racism is all over. If something unfortunate happens to black people--by their own hand or not, it is somehow the fault of white people. The arguments are absurd.

Dunno how many were actually violent, but the bar where I hung out at (close to where I lived in Tipton county), had said many times that they would kill or injure any blacks they came into contact with.

And yeah, if I saw someone being violent towards another person (regardless of race), I would do my best to stop them. Most times, shouting that they are being stupid is enough. But, on occasion, I've had to call the cops, or stop them myself.

Critical race theory has parallels to and reminds me of another pseudoscience: L. Ron Hubbard's "Scientology". Its fake and depends on the gullibility factor.
Crotical Race theory is correct. You just can't face the truth.

h

This "study" is based off of a websites "tests" for biases. Ok, boomer? :lol:
Hey, lets lay off the boomer crap. We didn't start this racist bs. As for the swab jockey's assertion that white racists get angrier--LOL--that's rich. Watch the news every night and see the stories about BLM, Systemic racism, black attacks on Asians, etc. The uncalled for black racism is all over. If something unfortunate happens to black people--by their own hand or not, it is somehow the fault of white people. The arguments are absurd.
Well the problem with your post is that it's a bunch of white racist bullshit. You are really ignorant.

There is no uncalled for black racism all over.

Forum List

Back