White House says Republicans co-own legacy of record $19 trillion debt

So why won't Obama work WITH Republicans AND democrats to do something about the debt? Where are the economic summits, etc?

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, given his no compromise attitude when he took office.
Sure, uh-huh. That was Obama's fault.
icon_rolleyes.gif

The Republicans' Plan for the New President
He didn't help matters any. You don't swagger into the room, slap the nearest guy in the face, then expect him to compromise with you when you want something from him. He made petulance and arrogance the hallmark of his early administration.

What is amazing to me is that the WH is saying that it actually owns some of the debt.

NOW that is a first.

“Digging out of that economic downturn leading our economy to recovery and doing it all in fiscally responsible way will be a hallmark of the president’s legacy,” the spokesman said.

The Presidents legacy will be......wait for it.....BLAME BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH.

poor idiot.

you wingers blew it all up. and you've been trying to blame this president for 7 years for not fixing it quickly enough.

now be quiet.
The economy will become the president's responsibility the day the next Republican is inaugurated, not one day before.

Know how we could get out of a lot of this mess?

Simple............repeal the Bush tax cuts. They were only supposed to be in effect for 10 years (originally) to see if they worked or not, and sadly enough, they didn't.

But, even though Obama has stated repeatedly that's one of the things he'd like to happen, Congress and the GOP keep stopping him at every turn.

It even said in the OP's link that Clinton left us with a surplus, and Jr. pissed it away with tax cuts and his war that he put on the credit card.

What is amazing to me is that the WH is saying that it actually owns some of the debt.

NOW that is a first.

“Digging out of that economic downturn leading our economy to recovery and doing it all in fiscally responsible way will be a hallmark of the president’s legacy,” the spokesman said.

The Presidents legacy will be......wait for it.....BLAME BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH.

poor idiot.

you wingers blew it all up. and you've been trying to blame this president for 7 years for not fixing it quickly enough.

now be quiet.

Unlike you, I am not in poverty.

I am not a winger.

Bush was a moron.

Obama is more of Bush.

Pull your head out of your ass.

NOW that is a first.

poor idiot.

now be quiet.
The economy will become the president's responsibility the day the next Republican is inaugurated, not one day before.

It's amazing how fast the far left jumps to "but, but, but Booooooooooooooooooosh" when this kind of stuff gets posted.

The OP simply says "Wow....the WH is accepting some responsibility".

The left just can't take it.

Anyone would be a fool to think GWB didn't have a huge hand in our current deficits.

NOW that is a first.

poor idiot.

now be quiet.

It's amazing how fast the far left jumps to "but, but, but Booooooooooooooooooosh" when this kind of stuff gets posted.

The OP simply says "Wow....the WH is accepting some responsibility".

The left just can't take it.
It's truly amazing. When the next Republican is elected, it will be as if the Obama years just didn't happen.

From your link......................

“To understand the long-term trends here, we have to take a look at what exactly happened when the last Democratic president was leaving office. He was passing off budget surpluses as far as the eye could see to his successor,” Josh Earnest said at the daily White House briefing.

President George W. Bush proceeded to put in place tax cuts for the wealthy and launched a ground war in the Middle East “all without paying for it,” he added.

That led to the Great Recession that put enormous pressure on the federal budget, Earnest said.

Even your link is blaming Jr.

Not only did he give tax cuts to the wealthy, he gave them another one AFTER the war had started.

It'd probably help if the government had actually had a surplus since 1957.

Take it up with OMB

jpg

They, like you apparently don't understand what debt is. I do understand they have a vested interest in lying about it.

What's your excuse?
Sure.....that's the OFFICE OF MANAGEMENT AND BUDGET.......their numbers correspond quite closely to those of the CONGRESSIONAL BUDGET OFFICE.....their methodologies are transparent.... And have remained quite constant since the late 60s...

And interestingly enough, during that time there has not been a single year the federal government reduced it's debt.

Not one.

Look at the debt numbers, then tell me that's not true. Note that if you do say that though, I'm going to post the numbers up and make you look like a complete moron.

Know how we could get out of a lot of this mess?

Simple............repeal the Bush tax cuts. They were only supposed to be in effect for 10 years (originally) to see if they worked or not, and sadly enough, they didn't.

But, even though Obama has stated repeatedly that's one of the things he'd like to happen, Congress and the GOP keep stopping him at every turn.

It even said in the OP's link that Clinton left us with a surplus, and Jr. pissed it away with tax cuts and his war that he put on the credit card.

Except of course there was no surplus. That's been pointed out. You idiots confuse deficit with debt.

One's a real number, one isn't. Hint: Debt is the real one.

Obama burns throw white people's money like a Mexican blows throw a plate of tacos. You can spin numbers any way you like. The fact is that Obama was not fighting a war and he still caused our debt to soar uncontrollably. He refused to work with Congress to get it under control. The only time he cooperated was when Congress agreed to spend more.
Congress is spending more now than ever.
They are all complicit
That's odd? I could have sworn you were just blaming Obama for not working with Congress. Point out how the Republican House, the body given the authority to create spending bills, is spending more than ever before .... and look how quickly you shift to include Democrats with blame. :lol:
You are just not very bright, sir. I have stated nothing that is inconsistent.
Of course ya did. You blamed Obama for the increase to the debt for not working with Congress to lower it; when in fact, it's the House which controls spending. All the president can do is approve or reject their bills.

So why won't Obama work WITH Republicans AND democrats to do something about the debt? Where are the economic summits, etc?

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, given his no compromise attitude when he took office.
icon_rolleyes.gif

He didn't help matters any. You don't swagger into the room, slap the nearest guy in the face, then expect him to compromise with you when you want something from him. He made petulance and arrogance the hallmark of his early administration.
WTF??

How did you miss the part where Republicans came up with that plan to say no to everything Obama wanted on inauguration day?

Obama burns throw white people's money like a Mexican blows throw a plate of tacos. You can spin numbers any way you like. The fact is that Obama was not fighting a war and he still caused our debt to soar uncontrollably. He refused to work with Congress to get it under control. The only time he cooperated was when Congress agreed to spend more.
They are all complicit
That's odd? I could have sworn you were just blaming Obama for not working with Congress. Point out how the Republican House, the body given the authority to create spending bills, is spending more than ever before .... and look how quickly you shift to include Democrats with blame. :lol:
You are just not very bright, sir. I have stated nothing that is inconsistent.
Of course ya did. You blamed Obama for the increase to the debt for not working with Congress to lower it; when in fact, it's the House which controls spending. All the president can do is approve or reject their bills.

True indeed. This congress simply doesn't have the will to do it, because there's an election coming up, and doing it will require shutting the government down, because the president doesn't want to lower spending.

icon_rolleyes.gif

WTF??

How did you miss the part where Republicans came up with that plan to say no to everything Obama wanted on inauguration day?

Did they? I seem to remember a few things that happened first.

There was this..... "Elections have consequences..and I won" Remember that?

Then there was this gem....."Republicans had driven the economy into a ditch and then stood by and criticized while Democrats pulled it out. Now that progress has been made, he said, "we can't have special interests sitting shotgun. We gotta have middle class families up in front. We don't mind the Republicans joining us. They can come for the ride, but they gotta sit in back."

The Republicans are no angels to be sure. But Obama wanted them to know they were irrelevant, he didn't need them, had no desire to listen to them. And for a while he and his cronies did a great deal to undermine the Constitution and enrich their friends, the country be damned.

Then things changed, and he's done zero to work with them on anything. Why should they?

I have a SOLUTION....................it's RADICAL...............

SHUT DOWN THE GOVERNMENT...........................What the Government gets in REVENUE IS IT..............that's all............Make adjustments to deal with................

INSTANT BALANCED BUDGET...............

:slap:

Yes they are. And they blew up the Cap limit so they won't be slowed down. It is disaster. Bohner raided treasury for 6 years with BHO and then Ryan came in and pushed NO SPENDING cap? huh?

Yes they are. And they blew up the Cap limit so they won't be slowed down. It is disaster. Bohner raided treasury for 6 years with BHO and then Ryan came in and pushed NO SPENDING cap? huh?
Ryan caved out of the gate and gave them everything they wanted...........................In the next 10 years the debt is projected to go to 30 TRILLION...................

And these Idiots still don't get it.

And these Idiots still don't get it.

It is sad. If they reduced the debt they would not have to pay $0.5T interest every year. To reduce it they have to shrink GOVT. Cut 7-10 departments. Consolidate the others. Sell assets, apply to debt.

Get spending to $3T and hold it. No increases. Try to get $4T coming in. what other choice? Raise taxes to 30%*GDP?

icon_rolleyes.gif

WTF??

Then there was this gem....."Republicans had driven the economy into a ditch and then stood by and criticized while Democrats pulled it out. Now that progress has been made, he said, "we can't have special interests sitting shotgun. We gotta have middle class families up in front. We don't mind the Republicans joining us. They can come for the ride, but they gotta sit in back."

The Republicans are no angels to be sure. But Obama wanted them to know they were irrelevant, he didn't need them, had no desire to listen to them. And for a while he and his cronies did a great deal to undermine the Constitution and enrich their friends, the country be damned.

Then things changed, and he's done zero to work with them on anything. Why should they?
Typical of conservatives ... you remember that wrong. Inauguration day ... the day Republicans conspired to become the party of "no" to Obama ... happened first.

icon_rolleyes.gif

WTF??

Typical of conservatives ... you remember that wrong. Inauguration day ... the day Republicans conspired to become the party of "no" to Obama ... happened first.

Actually....I bother to actually check first. You should try it sometime, you look less stupid.

After midterm wins, GOP vows to block Obama's agenda

icon_rolleyes.gif

WTF??

Actually....I bother to actually check first. You should try it sometime, you look less stupid.

After midterm wins, GOP vows to block Obama's agenda
Typical conservative. Thinks 11.3.2010 came before inauguration day.

1233796371590.gif

Forum List

Back