White House press corps demands end to Biden event restrictions

excalibur

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2015
What took them so long to do this?

Everywhere you look Biden is a mess, his administration in tatters.

A group of 68 journalists sent a rare protest letter to White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre Thursday asking that President Biden’s staff abandon a mysterious pre-screening process and reopen large events to all journalists.

TV correspondents, famed veteran reporters and leaders of the White House Correspondents’ Association rallied behind the call to end year-old restrictions on venues such as the East Room that in past administrations were “open press.”

Biden aides have refused to tell the Correspondents’ Association the selection criteria for presidential events and individual reporters have received an array of conflicting explanations, resulting in a widespread belief that the practice is meant to shape the variety of questions presented to the president.

“The current method of allowing a limited number of reporters into these events is not only restrictive and antithetical to the concept of a free press, but it has been done without any transparent process into how reporters are selected to cover these events,” the letter says.

Good for them. If ignored I would ignore him also.

A group of 68 journalists sent a rare protest letter to White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre Thursday asking that President Biden’s staff abandon a mysterious pre-screening process and reopen large events to all journalists.
TV correspondents, famed veteran reporters and leaders of the White House Correspondents’ Association rallied behind the call to end year-old restrictions on venues such as the East Room that in past administrations were “open press.”
Biden aides have refused to tell the Correspondents’ Association the selection criteria for presidential events and individual reporters have received an array of conflicting explanations, resulting in a widespread belief that the practice is meant to shape the variety of questions presented to the president.
“The current method of allowing a limited number of reporters into these events is not only restrictive and antithetical to the concept of a free press, but it has been done without any transparent process into how reporters are selected to cover these events,” the letter says.

Control the narrative... Protect Biden at all costs... Where have I seen this before? Venezuela.. Maduro kills those who step out of line.. I wonder when Biden will start the executions?

I really do not believe that prez Biden is making any decisions on his own. The bureaucrats are the ones calling the shots in my opinion which IF TRUE, means we have unelected representation coming from the Whitehouse.

Control the narrative... Protect Biden at all costs... Where have I seen this before? Venezuela.. Maduro kills those who step out of line.. I wonder when Biden will start the executions?

Let's be frank, there is no question that reporters and their questions are being pre-screened to isolate Biddum because the man cannot stand up there and answer questions or stay on track very long without their writing the answers for him!

I also think Joe is a germaphobe who is terrified of getting Covid so eschews crowds in small spaces plus I have no doubt he fears someone is out to get him (a MAGA Trumpster) by infecting him with one of Fuchi's engineered killer viruses. :laugh2:

CovidJoe2.jpg

Forum List

Back