White House Insists, Torture Is Legal

Talk to a real veteran and a real patriot that has endured torture. Talk to John McCain or if you prefer you can talk to me. Are you another one of those chickenshit warhawks, chickenhawks if you prefer, that speak out of your asses and have no personal experience in the mechanics of genuine warfare? Why was I taught the principles of the Geneva Convention while I was in Basic Training and reminded of them constantly for years? Was it a fucking joke? GWB never actually served or fought. Now he gets his juvenile revenge for even an expectation that he might? You have a hard time? Tough Shit. Where did you get the ALCU line? You sure as hell didn't get it from me. Polly Wants A Cracker? You stupid parrot. You are right. I never knew a parrot that admitted feeling shame. Braaaaaaack!!!!!!

Where in hell are the "front lines?" Wherever they are, why in hell aren't you there? You will grow yourself if you go there. Believe me.

Psychoblues

The front lines of this war is intelligence in order to prevent terrorist attack you moron. So the people on the front line are the interrogators trying to extract any and all intell from the scumbag terrorists.

And by the way, I was also taught the rules of the Geneva Convention's Laws of War, and if you fucking paid attention to them when you supposedly were taught them you'd know that they do not apply to "unlawful combatants" as defined by the Geneva Conventions itself - and non-uniformed terrorists are in that catagory. Why don't you get back to us when you achieve a 5th grade reading comprehension level.

The front lines of this war is intelligence in order to prevent terrorist attack you moron. So the people on the front line are the interrogators trying to extract any and all intell from the scumbag terrorists.

And by the way, I was also taught the rules of the Geneva Convention's Laws of War, and if you fucking paid attention to them when you supposedly were taught them you'd know that they do not apply to "unlawful combatants" as defined by the Geneva Conventions itself - and non-uniformed terrorists are in that catagory. Why don't you get back to us when you achieve a 5th grade reading comprehension level.

The terrorists we are dealing with are the type that gladly become suicide bombers. Just what type of torture can be effective against people who want to die anyway?

The terrorists we are dealing with are the type that gladly become suicide bombers. Just what type of torture can be effective against people who want to die anyway?

A common misconception, not all the terrorists we are dealing with are willing to be suicide bombers. If that was true, we'd get no intell from any captured terrorists, as we have been.

A common misconception, not all the terrorists we are dealing with are willing to be suicide bombers. If that was true, we'd get no intell from any captured terrorists, as we have been.

Sitting down with terrorists, sipping tea, and snacking on cookies will not extract the necessary information

No wonder the terrrorists are happy with the election results. Now they know nothing will happen to them when they are caught

Except for a stern warning not to kill again

Sitting down with terrorists, sipping tea, and snacking on cookies will not extract the necessary information

No wonder the terrrorists are happy with the election results. Now they know nothing will happen to them when they are caught

Except for a stern warning not to kill again

Yep, the UN will send them a letter, GW will send them another, saying "we really mean it, this time..."

When is the last time any Islamic terrorist attacked a U.S. target in anything other than a suicide attack?

When is the last time any Islamic terrorist attacked a U.S. target in anything other than a suicide attack?

No proof, but there has been an extraordinary number of vegetable based salmonella cases in the past year or so? When I read I find this is one area that Al Queda was well versed, though prior to 9/11 had nixed.

9/11, of course there were 19 suicide attacks on the planes that day, however there was a whole network of terrorists behind them providing support. Those providing support are just as much terrorists as were the ones on the planes.

Rumor has it that even suicidal zealots succomb to water-boarding...I'd call that effective. Personally, I'd come up with something more elaborate, perhaps involving a pen full of hungry hogs, a cable, and a really slow winch motor. Ooops, almost forgot seating for the condemned's buds to watch from. I guarantee, you'd only have to lower the first one.

9/11, of course there were 19 suicide attacks on the planes that day, however there was a whole network of terrorists behind them providing support. Those providing support are just as much terrorists as were the ones on the planes.

And just how do you know that the terrorists who provided support for the 9-11 suicide attackers are not willing to be suicide attackers themselves and thus would be immune to torture?

How can such a rumor get started, if we are not actually torturing people? So is torture official GWB policy or not?

Preventing attacks, the murder of innocent people, and doing whatever it takes to get the information. should be the policy

Making nice to murderous thugs have never worked

And just how do you know that the terrorists who provided support for the 9-11 suicide attackers are not willing to be suicide attackers themselves and thus would be immune to torture?

Why would you assume that a suicide attacker would be immune to torture? Blowing yourself up instantly is painless. Maybe some wouldn't talk...maybe some would. The point is we have to TRY. Otherwise throwing them in a jail and giving them a lawyer certainly isn't going to make them talk.

If we were to capture a terrorist collaborator that we know has information about a nuclear bomb, wouldn't you at least want our guys to be able to torture his ass to get him to talk?

How do you know all terrorists are willing to be suicide attackers?

That is your presumed assumption.

Preventing attacks, the murder of innocent people, and doing whatever it takes to get the information. should be the policy

Is that why the Germans murdered 6,000,000 Jews?

BTW: How do you know that the insurgents in Iraq who have been beheading Americans don't have the same interpretation of torture as you do?

Is that why the Germans murdered 6,000,000 Jews?

BTW: How do you know that the insurgents in Iraq who have been beheading Americans don't have the same interpretation of torture as you do?
You do realize this has zippo to do with discussion? Also nothing to do with WWII and Holocaust? Gee, one might think you are an Islamicist rather than a 'conservative American'? Gee, could it possibly be?

Why would you assume that a suicide attacker would be immune to torture? Blowing yourself up instantly is painless.

If they don’t fear death, what makes you think they would fear physical pain?

Maybe some wouldn't talk...maybe some would.

What happens if they do talk, but they don’t say what GWB wants to hear? Consider GWB’s single-mindedness about the intel regarding Hussein’s WMD. The intel saying Hussein had WMD was spotty at best and easily countered with other intel that said Hussein had no such weapons. But, since GWB was hell-bent for war he refused to acknowledge the intel that said there were no WMD and he intentionally relayed faulty intel to the nation so as to stampede us into war.

[quoteIf we were to capture a terrorist collaborator that we know has information about a nuclear bomb,[/quote]

Where did the intel come from? Considering how wrong GWB was regarding Hussein’s WMD, why should we believe him when he says terrorists have a nuclear bomb?

If they don’t fear death, what makes you think they would fear physical pain?

What happens if they do talk, but they don’t say what GWB wants to hear? Consider GWB’s single-mindedness about the intel regarding Hussein’s WMD. The intel saying Hussein had WMD was spotty at best and easily countered with other intel that said Hussein had no such weapons. But, since GWB was hell-bent for war he refused to acknowledge the intel that said there were no WMD and he intentionally relayed faulty intel to the nation so as to stampede us into war.

[quoteIf we were to capture a terrorist collaborator that we know has information about a nuclear bomb,

Where did the intel come from? Considering how wrong GWB was regarding Hussein’s WMD, why should we believe him when he says terrorists have a nuclear bomb?[/QUOTE]
So how many times do you pray per day? Do you face a certain direction? It's not nice to deny.

How do you know all terrorists are willing to be suicide attackers?

That is your presumed assumption.

How many terrorists who attacked purely U.S. targets since the 1980s have not been suicide attackers? Iraq does not count because the attacks against U.S. troops would not be happening if we had not invaded.

Forum List

Back