White Fragility: White Folks Are Shy that their whiteness gave them a big leg up in life & crashed black people's dreams

This is not about wealth. A poor white can be just as racist as a rich one. And poor whites still do not face the things a black person or any other person of color faces. From my experience poor whites are more likely to exhibit white fragility than one who aren't.

quite right. Blaming them for the state of things when they got no benefit from it should piss them off.

The thing that should have happened is we should have raised minorities up to the level of the white working class, not pushed the white working class down.

True, but poor whites have got the benefit of things like not being harrassed by police or assumed to be on welfare, not wanting to work etc. They see the positive image of themselves to the extent that they default person they see as a true American is white. This is what spoken about when we talk about white privilege, not financial stuff or wealth. The simple fact they can vote for a president without questioning where he was born, or demanding to see his birth certificate is a privilege poor whites have that we have not.

Poor whites can get a job and there is no discussion of whether they were qualified to get that job or were they hired because of affirmative action. Poor whites can work in a crew of poor whites and never consider that the fact everyone is white is based on race and not qualifications, but if 2-3 blacks are working with them those same poor whites start talking about quotas.

These are the things that are referred to when people talk about white privilege. So poor whites are not immune from such privilege and it is white race baiters who have conflated the meaning of white privilege to mean wealth or income.

I'm not saying that's what you are doing joe, I am just explaining how white privilege is seen by those like me.
Not true about white poverty. But one thing will happen if there is a collapse. A disconnect on this never ending racial accusations. Whether it continues or not will not matter. People will pay no attention to it as survival will be paramount for many more of them.

BS if it isn't. Poor whites voted for trump knowing he didn't give a flying fuck about them. But he was going to make certain those brown people were not going to come in here and he was going to restore America to its proper white owners. And that's why right now no matter how many times he fucks up, you stick with him. Because he's white and he won't let those "urban libs" get control.

Drop the everyone is racist bs. That's part of the problem. Certain whites not wanting to own responsibility for what whites have done and keep doing.

The Native Americans were a majority before the attempted genocide of their nations. I like how whites try telling me how what I say is identical to racists. I am talking about a behavior that has occurred practiced by whites for 400 years. I am not stereotyping whites just because I believe they are inherently racist. This is the problem with talking about race with some white people. We do not come from the same racial experience. Blacks and other non white races have been the people bullied by the racists and our opinion mainly will be responses to that racism which gets called racism by some whites who now imagine some symmetry exists between the experiences of non whites and whites in America.

I can't slap you then press charges for battery when you slap me back.. Nor can I complain about how wrong it was for you to hit me. But it seems like there are whites who believe they have the right to call us racists for being angry or opposing the continuing racism we see today. Somehow on matters of race for us to express our opinion with how we have been and continue to be treated by whites in this country, we get called racists.

You don't seem to understand and buy into this ignorance about making people feel guilty. Whites don't need to feel guilt, whites need to get in their communities, roll up their sleeves and start working to end the racism that exists in your communities. Stop pointing fingers at non whites talking about how they can be racists too, because no non white group has implemented supreme court decisions or public policy purposefully designed to harm whites in any manner. And until attitudes are gone that exist in this country among whites who lie and twist math to create an illusion of violent blacks so they can craft laws to stand their ground and shoot to kill people they believe are violent, the fight will continue.

The problem we have today was created by whites in the past and maintained throughout our history up to this very second. Whites made this bed and hollering about everybody else isn't going to end anything. If whites created the white supremacist belief and subsequent system in this country, whites must end it. It's just that simple.
POWERFUL!!!
giphy.gif

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

their whiteness is the clearest example of the very identity politics that is harmful to america

their whiteness has shielded them from growing up as quickly as they would have had they not so heavily leaned on it to make it through life

their whiteness is the cause of hurt feelings, shattered egos, fraught spirits, vexed bodies, and bloodshot eyes.

white folks just don't wanna face that!

FACE IT, WHITES!

Our "whitemess"?!

I understand that, but those same working class whites are in here making racist comments about how blacks have failed. So they must see some tangible benefit in being white.

You talk about how these whites have little job security but they have more job security than blacks in the same position relative to being in the working class. The fact that blacks have consistently had double the unemployment in this country shows this.

I don't deny racism exists. And frankly, I suspect half the racists who engage you are just trying to get a rise out of you.

I respect you Joe. I know you are not a racist. We are having an honest conversation and it is the type of conversation that must happen so we can craft a solution that will benefit everyone. I appreciate your responses and hope we can continue.

Drop the everyone is racist bs. That's part of the problem. Certain whites not wanting to own responsibility for what whites have done and keep doing.

The Native Americans were a majority before the attempted genocide of their nations. I like how whites try telling me how what I say is identical to racists. I am talking about a behavior that has occurred practiced by whites for 400 years. I am not stereotyping whites just because I believe they are inherently racist. This is the problem with talking about race with some white people. We do not come from the same racial experience. Blacks and other non white races have been the people bullied by the racists and our opinion mainly will be responses to that racism which gets called racism by some whites who now imagine some symmetry exists between the experiences of non whites and whites in America.

I can't slap you then press charges for battery when you slap me back.. Nor can I complain about how wrong it was for you to hit me. But it seems like there are whites who believe they have the right to call us racists for being angry or opposing the continuing racism we see today. Somehow on matters of race for us to express our opinion with how we have been and continue to be treated by whites in this country, we get called racists.

You don't seem to understand and buy into this ignorance about making people feel guilty. Whites don't need to feel guilt, whites need to get in their communities, roll up their sleeves and start working to end the racism that exists in your communities. Stop pointing fingers at non whites talking about how they can be racists too, because no non white group has implemented supreme court decisions or public policy purposefully designed to harm whites in any manner. And until attitudes are gone that exist in this country among whites who lie and twist math to create an illusion of violent blacks so they can craft laws to stand their ground and shoot to kill people they believe are violent, the fight will continue.

The problem we have today was created by whites in the past and maintained throughout our history up to this very second. Whites made this bed and hollering about everybody else isn't going to end anything. If whites created the white supremacist belief and subsequent system in this country, whites must end it. It's just that simple.
POWERFUL!!!
giphy.gif
Thank you my brother.

when being accused of racism, white people get angry
A generalization, dont you think? Isnt the woman white? Many whites enjoy self loathing. They want the acceptance of the inferior races

That's no generalization. USMB is full of evidence that it isn't. Yes, many whites do enjoy self loathing. You are one of them.

their whiteness is the clearest example of the very identity politics that is harmful to america

their whiteness has shielded them from growing up as quickly as they would have had they not so heavily leaned on it to make it through life

their whiteness is the cause of hurt feelings, shattered egos, fraught spirits, vexed bodies, and bloodshot eyes.

FACE IT, WHITES!

Masturbation is still a sin

when being accused of racism, white people get angry
A generalization, dont you think? Isnt the woman white? Many whites enjoy self loathing. They want the acceptance of the inferior races

That's no generalization. USMB is full of evidence that it isn't. Yes, many whites do enjoy self loathing. You are one of them.
Nope. My loathing is reserved for people like you.

You are a sorry self loathing piece of shit. That's why you are a racist.

Pay real close attention to this lesson I am about to teach.

First off, how many of you watched this entire video?

Apparently Dr whiteb*tch doesn't know many poor white trash....

~S~
This is not about wealth. A poor white can be just as racist as a rich one. And poor whites still do not face the things a black person or any other person of color faces. From my experience poor whites are more likely to exhibit white fragility than one who aren't.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.”

― Lyndon B. Johnson

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Bluzman was too scared to watch the video.

Forum List

Back