"White flight." Racist or not?

"White flight is a term that originated in the United States, starting in the mid-20th century, and applied to the large-scale migration of whites from racially mixed urban regions to more racially homogeneous suburban or exurban regions."

My opinion- It's just another made up idea so racism can stay alive and white people can be blamed.
it's a free country, so in my view everyone has the right to live where ever they choose. however, it does seem to me that this particular issue is an example of running away from a problem instead of working to fix it.

eventually, we all will have to face the problem head on and figure out how to fix it - and i would think sooner is better than later (i.e. its time to stop running from the problem, figure out how to fix it, and then work like hell on the solution).
How do you "fix" things when your kids are getting beat up in the inner city, unregulated, public schools? How do you fix things when you're at work and your house is being burglarized?
there in lies the problem (i.e. kids are not getting the good orderly direction they need to change their outlook on life).

in my view, the only way to fix the problem is to have an army of adults who are ready and willing to dedicate some time to mentoring kids born into these toxic environments (i.e. boots on the ground).

i'm a prime example, now that my kids are grown, i have some time that i can dedicate to being a mentor.

we need a very well organized plan/approach with an army of volunteers to pull this off, but i'm convinced it's worth to engage future generations in pursuit of the proverbial american dream.

i believe that adults setting aside time to spend with an mentor these kids could make all the difference in the world - i say this because i had a guidance counselor who took an interest in me when i was at a very formative age and she pointed me in the right direction at a very critical point in my life. i often wonder where i might be today if not for her interest and encouragement.

the hard part is getting this army put together and laying out a viable plan of deployment.

it seems all anyone wants to do these days is blame someone else and disengage from developing a potential solution (i.e. we spend our time/resources arguing over things like reverse discrimination, the impact of slavery, welfare, crime statistics, etc) - meanwhile, another generation of lost children fall prey to the toxic environment they are born into through no fault of their own.

realistically, i know full well that even with this army and a well developed plan, we can't possibly reach each and every child - however, i'm convinced that once we have a few kids who change the course of their lives as a result of such a program, the results will be contagious and before long enough momentum will be established to change the course of future generations.

perhaps this is just a dream, but it's the only viable solution i can think of within my relatively small realm of influence (i.e. i'm just trying to think of ways to become part of the solution instead of the problem).
Unfortunately, it takes money to hire your army of chaperons. In the meantime, folks have to do what they have to do to protect themselves, their families, and their property. Flight is the quickest and most effective solution for the here and now.
it also takes an enormous amount of money to maintain the status quo.

"White flight is a term that originated in the United States, starting in the mid-20th century, and applied to the large-scale migration of whites from racially mixed urban regions to more racially homogeneous suburban or exurban regions."

My opinion- It's just another made up idea so racism can stay alive and white people can be blamed.
While white flight could be termed bigoted there is no way its racist. There is no disadvantage to Blacks if whites move away. If white people dont want to live by Black people let them move.

Really? Detroit is doing soooo well right now....
You bahs-turds always bring up Detroit when race s brought up. Well, Detroit may top the list of ten most miserable cities to live in but there are 9 others on that list: all run by Whites. Flint Michigan, Chicago, Stockton Ca and even New York City made that list in 2013. But guess what/ Atlanta didn't. You do know what demographic runs Atlanta don't you? Let's use THAT example.

all LIB cities run by libtards.
Those cities are still run better than almost the entire consortium of "conservative" states like Alabama. Mississippi and Louisiana. Texas is one of the few exceptions due to oil based revenue. The south has always been poorer than the North. My point was that Atlanta, a Black run city, is not on that top ten list of worst cities. That ought to be sufficient to lay your "Detroit= typical black rule" argument to rest.

Most segregated:

1 Detroit
2 Milwaukee
3 NYC
4 Newark
5 Chicago
6 Philadelphia
7 Miami
8 Cleveland
9 St. Louis
10 Boston

Well, now...Where is that southern enclave of Black enterprise, Atlanta, Georgia? You mean to tell me that Whites there live in peace and harmony with Blacks of the same social class? That is what your list suggests.

Well, now...Where is that southern enclave of Black enterprise, Atlanta, Georgia? You mean to tell me that Whites there live in peace and harmony with Blacks of the same social class? That is what your list suggests.
Don't be silly. Atlanta is a very dangerous city. It is simply not as segregated.

While white flight could be termed bigoted there is no way its racist. There is no disadvantage to Blacks if whites move away. If white people dont want to live by Black people let them move.

You bahs-turds always bring up Detroit when race s brought up. Well, Detroit may top the list of ten most miserable cities to live in but there are 9 others on that list: all run by Whites. Flint Michigan, Chicago, Stockton Ca and even New York City made that list in 2013. But guess what/ Atlanta didn't. You do know what demographic runs Atlanta don't you? Let's use THAT example.

Those cities are still run better than almost the entire consortium of "conservative" states like Alabama. Mississippi and Louisiana. Texas is one of the few exceptions due to oil based revenue. The south has always been poorer than the North. My point was that Atlanta, a Black run city, is not on that top ten list of worst cities. That ought to be sufficient to lay your "Detroit= typical black rule" argument to rest.

yeah sure. If you like high taxes, high rents to pay, living in cramped cement jungles with a bunch of RUDE people. Smog and pollution that will gag a maggot.

oh heck ya

Personally, I think Hollywood has the right idea.After Ferguson, Al Sharpton, and Barack Obama, America is so in love with black people they want to see more of them in movies like James Bond and replace all of the white actors with black actors.

Annie

Don't be silly. Atlanta is a very dangerous city. It is simply not as segregated.
Don't be obtuse. I was discussing the fact that Atlanta is NOT on the list of the ten worst cities in America. That is significant since it is run by Blacks. That means they are doing some damn good managing there; better than a lot of White run cities.

Last edited:

yeah sure. If you like high taxes, high rents to pay, living in cramped cement jungles with a bunch of RUDE people. Smog and pollution that will gag a maggot.

oh heck ya
Obviously the people who composed that list don't agree with you! The list makers seem to be focusing on management capabilities and city governance. You want to divert that focus onto something else! Atlanta is run better than MANY white run cities!

Don't be obtuse. I was discussing the fact that Atlanta is NOT on the list of the ten worst cities in America. That is significant since it is run by Blacks. That means they are doing some damn good managing there; better than a lot of White run cities.
I was not being obtuse. After all, I did not contend that anyone lives in peace and harmony in any American large city, especially those with large black populations.

Atlanta, 6th most dangerous city: Crime in Atlanta - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

I was not being obtuse. After all, I did not contend that anyone lives in peace and harmony in any American large city, especially those with large black populations.

Atlanta, 6th most dangerous city: Crime in Atlanta - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

I did not CONTEND that either! The list posted by your confidant and friend, Meathead, showing the most segregated US cities, did not list Atlanta. Dangerous or not, it is STILL managed better than many White run cities...GOT THAT? Do you understand now?

I did not CONTEND that either! The list posted by your confidant and friend, Meathead, showing the most segregated US cities, did not list Atlanta. Dangerous or not, it is STILL managed better than many White run cities...GOT THAT? Do you understand now?
"Well, now...Where is that southern enclave of Black enterprise, Atlanta, Georgia? You mean to tell me that Whites there live in peace and harmony with Blacks of the same social class?"

Liar.

Personally, I think Hollywood has the right idea.After Ferguson, Al Sharpton, and Barack Obama, America is so in love with black people they want to see more of them in movies like James Bond and replace all of the white actors with black actors.

Annie
Great movie with that beautiful little Black girl in it.

annie.png

Annie
Great movie with that beautiful little Black girl in it.

annie.png
Wild Wild West......great movie. The Honeymooners......great movie.

Black Nativity.......great movie.Refashioning A Gospel Story In Black Nativity NPR

"Well, now...Where is that southern enclave of Black enterprise, Atlanta, Georgia? You mean to tell me that Whites there live in peace and harmony with Blacks of the same social class?"

Liar.
Are you stupid? In the English language a QUESTION asked cannot be a lie. Lies are statements! I asked a question. I was NOT making a statement. Ignorant Bahs-Turd!

Liar.
Are you stupid? In the English language a QUESTION asked cannot be a lie. Lies are statements! I asked a question. I was NOT making a statement. Ignorant Bahs-Turd!
Meathead has a known issue with understanding the english language. He is pretty dull.

Forum List

Back