Which sports will survive COVID?

Robert Urbanek

Platinum Member
Nov 9, 2019
Vacaville, CA
Which sports will survive the coronavirus? I am considering a worst-case scenario where COVID-19 is followed by COVID-20 and additional strains, and vaccines and therapeutics offer only partial or temporary relief.

I think golf and tennis are safe. Baseball is clearly in jeopardy and things look dicey for basketball and football. Many young American athletes seem to be hardwired with a “play hard, party hard” attitude. I cannot see them enduring a cloistered life for an entire season. Baseball seems to be doing okay in South Korea, but they have a different culture.

NFL and NBA will lose 1/3 of their fan base
The NBA does not care as it’s so popular world wide
The NFL will feel it

UFC is thriving
I am watching ufc now every 2-3 weeks
I even pay $65 for some cards

NFL and NBA will lose 1/3 of their fan base
The NBA does not care as it’s so popular world wide
The NFL will feel it
That will make me do the dance of a lifetime if you are right.why do you think baseball won’t lose 1/3 of their fanbase though.Also I figure basketball and hockey would survive sense they play in a bubble.

Yeah I see no way in hell football will ever survive it being a contact sport in all.that will be the greatest gift to mankind sense the NFL is so much freaking corrupt now in this day and age with owners putting shiny brand new stadiums their priority over history.

Which sports will survive the coronavirus? I am considering a worst-case scenario where COVID-19 is followed by COVID-20 and additional strains, and vaccines and therapeutics offer only partial or temporary relief.

I think golf and tennis are safe. Baseball is clearly in jeopardy and things look dicey for basketball and football. Many young American athletes seem to be hardwired with a “play hard, party hard” attitude. I cannot see them enduring a cloistered life for an entire season. Baseball seems to be doing okay in South Korea, but they have a different culture.

Baseball. But not this year.

Golf isn't a "sport".

All of them will survive but they could all be deeply in the red financially
I can’t see how football will survive the fact it’s a contact sport with so much contact being made with the players.
It would be interesting to see what would happen if the NFL went broke and collapsed. I think it would invigorate College Football and i would think however eventually someone would start another Professional Football League.

I can’t see how football will survive the fact it’s a contact sport with so much contact being made with the players.
It would be interesting to see what would happen if the NFL went broke and collapsed. I think it would invigorate College Football and i would think however eventually someone would start another Professional Football League.
If that ever happened,there should be a law put in place that if an owner wants to leave the city for another,he should be required to leave the team name there and abolish free agency so that players play their entire career with one team their whole careers.Free agency really made the game unenjoyable same as it did in baseball.when it came along I was saying to myself back then,oh no I can’t believe this is happening,why did the owners let free agency happened,it ruined baseball,it will do the same to football,sure enough it did sense the good old days then disappeared as it did with baseball with players not playing their whole careers with one team anymore.

Golf Tennis and pool the rest are not needed

If that ever happened,there should be a law put in place that if an owner wants to leave the city for another,he should be required to leave the team name there and abolish free agency so that players play their entire career with one team their whole careers.Free agency really made the game unenjoyable same as it did in baseball.when it came along I was saying to myself back then,oh no I can’t believe this is happening,why did the owners let free agency happened,it ruined baseball,it will do the same to football,sure enough it did sense the good old days then disappeared as it did with baseball with players not playing their whole careers with one team anymore.
One more important thing to add as well,without mentioning the name of the football team,find owners that don’t allow another fellow owner employ a coach who illegally spies on other teams and can’t win against good teams without cheating and has to cheat to win big games to get to the Super Bowl all the time and then teaches his quarterback how to lie and cheat to be great as well and the other owners don’t do anything about it nor do anything about having that team have the refs in their pockets In the playoffs as well. Find owners that care about the integrity of the game before forming that new league or it would be the same old story again just a diffferent name for the football league is all.

One more important thing to add as well,without mentioning the name of the football team,find owners that don’t allow another fellow owner employ a coach who illegally spies on other teams and can’t win against good teams without cheating and has to cheat to win big games to get to the Super Bowl all the time and then teaches his quarterback how to lie and cheat to be great as well and the other owners don’t do anything about it nor do anything about having that team have the refs in their pockets In the playoffs as well. Find owners that care about the integrity of the game before forming that new league or it would be the same old story again just a diffferent name for the football league is all.
I think the upcoming Civil War that will last for years will kill off professional sports and college sports as we knew them. Sports will have to be restarted in all the 4-5 new independent countries that will exist in the former United States once the Civil War is over and settled.

Forum List

Back