My List of the dumbest things in sports

They don't provide something that the nation directly benefits from. It's weird that you don't get the difference between providing food and medical for someone vs. providing them entertainment.
Does every engineer do that? No.
Does everyone working in agriculture do that? No.
Does every scientist do that? No.

Its weird that you think that multi billion dollar industries don't benefit the nation "directly" (whatever the heck that means).
Please quote in the bible that statement.
Thats a quote from your Orange God. Conservatives rarely take responsibility for anything.
Meanwhile, you refused to answer for the point that stands: There's a system that exploits whimsical, misled people to make horrible life choices... and you want to pass legislation to support this.
The system allows freedom of choice without someone like yourself deciding billion dollar industries don't need to be staffed because you have some bizarre animosity against them.
Nice to see you admit it happens. We shouldn't incentivize poor choices... your system does.
My system? My system would be much different.

Invert the Social Security model. Have the government pay for the first 2 years of community college or a trade school. Deduct the payment over the lifetime earnings of the recipient. Cut out the pork buffet of banks making GSLs and the fees they charge.
That's nice.. it doesn't change that if a country needs talent and capital in certain industries, they would subsidize qualified people to participate.
Thats nice. Doesn't change that the folks who go into engineering or education with every intention of making that their life's work sometimes just decide it's not for them. That is what happened to me and nursing. Now I work in hospital administration

I do, and there's 2 suggestions

The "strike zone" as we know it is supposed to be from the letters to the knees, thus different for every batter. The modern strike zone isn't at all what the rule book says, so that needs to be changed as a start. However, I'm sure you've heard of the old story of the manager who put a little person up to bat to get walked, because his strike zone was so small. If you wanted to keep a strike zone that catered to a player's height or dimensions... it would be easy to apply a laser grid from the plate mixed with sensors placed on the player's chest and knees, creating a laser cube that would be the strike zone.

However, It's pretty dumb to have strike zones cater to a player. In basketball, the rim is 10 ft whether you are 7 ft tall or 5ft 3" like Mugsy Bogues. Thus, a strike zone should be static, and whatever you are, however tall you are... you have to face the same zone all others do.

That's the worst idea I've seen in years. A pitch at Aaron Judge's (6'8") letters is at Dustin Pedroia's (5'6") eyes. A pitch at Pedroia's knees is at Judge's ankles.

That's the worst idea I've seen in years. A pitch at Aaron Judge's (6'8") letters is at Dustin Pedroia's (5'6") eyes. A pitch at Pedroia's knees is at Judge's ankles.
Since Pedroia is laying on his sofa collecting $$$ checks, that example doesn't really matter.

That’s why a static strike zone for all is the best way to go.

I made a suggestion, you said “you just don’t understand” and then scurried off, like a child.

That’s not any sort of content.
You made a STUPID suggestion. The suggestion, in and of itself, shows you either do not understand baseball, or are simply shitposting.

You made a STUPID suggestion. The suggestion, in and of itself, shows you either do not understand baseball, or are simply shitposting.
You're free to your opinion, but having a static strike zone is an entire legitimate suggestion, and no amount of temper tantrums from you changes that. Normal people accept that there are different ways to do things, you appear to lack the ability to comprehend this.

How about this; explain to me why umpires need to remain to call balls and strikes?

You're free to your opinion, but having a static strike zone is an entire legitimate suggestion, and no amount of temper tantrums from you changes that. Normal people accept that there are different ways to do things, you appear to lack the ability to comprehend this.

How about this; explain to me why umpires need to remain to call balls and strikes?

I feel like I am trying to explain this to my cats. Because the "strike zone" on TV is usually wrong, you mental midget.

I feel like I am trying to explain this to my cats. Because the "strike zone" on TV is usually wrong, you mental midget.
I'm not talking about the TV strike zone, I'm talking about a censor grid directly above the plate.

Wow, suddenly your temper tantrum seems pretty dumb.
if you can guarantee 99.999999% reliability in ALL conditions.
It's a laser cube above the plate.. if the ball touches it, it's a strike.

Meanwhile, why are you demanding 99.9999% from a laser grid when MLB umps currently constantly perform at low to mid 90's, and sometimes worse. Why the different standard?

Forum List

Back