Which NFL players are your all-time favorites?

I liked this guy too. The great Doug Plank. One of the baddest Free Safeties ever.

1586839582751.png

I hate the cowboys but Billy Bates was one of my favorite players ever. He Pat Tillman (RIP) reminded me a lot of him.
Pat Tillman reminded me of Plank. I just can't make myself like anything about the Cowboys.

But this guy reminded me of Tatum.

Scott Case.

Last edited:
Another guy from my youth who did as much as he could with limited athletic ability was Greg Bingham.
I don't know if his ability was limited but he was a tough motherfucker at linebacker. I remember him. He and Bill Bergey were kind cut of the same cloth. Not the fastest or most agile but tough.

Randa
Easy question.
There are great players... outstanding players... and then there are those who literally change how the game is played

Oh and dig the 91-yard punt at 5:17

Randall was worth the price of a ticket by himself. He is in a category of the most exciting players. The crowd would gasp at some of his plays.

I put Cunningham in the same category as Mike Vick. Super ,running, passing QBs who were the best at their position at their peaks.

I can't say for sure with Cunningham, because it's been so long, but I certainly don't think Vick was ever the best at his position. Near the top at his best, but I don't think there was a year when Vick was the best QB in the league.

Randa
Easy question.
There are great players... outstanding players... and then there are those who literally change how the game is played

Oh and dig the 91-yard punt at 5:17

Randall was worth the price of a ticket by himself. He is in a category of the most exciting players. The crowd would gasp at some of his plays.

I put Cunningham in the same category as Mike Vick. Super ,running, passing QBs who were the best at their position at their peaks.

I can't say for sure with Cunningham, because it's been so long, but I certainly don't think Vick was ever the best at his position. Near the top at his best, but I don't think there was a year when Vick was the best QB in the league.

His year with the eagles he was in the running for MVP. Now there was a time before the dogs where he was rising to the top. And we probably should not forget Steve Young. He could do all that too.

Mine is Walter Payton, he's responsible for me becoming a true Bears fan. I had rooted for the Bears as a kid for a few seasons before Walter started playing, but wasn't a real fan yet. Mr. Payton changed that. He was a treat to watch. He was extremely strong, very quick, and a fierce competitor. He sat out just ONE game during his 13 year career. We'll most likely never see another running back like him again. So who are some of YOUR favorites?
One of my favorites was Todd Bell. A friend of Walter and a great Buckeye. After the NFL Todd was the head of corporate solicitaion for OSU and worked tirelessly promoting his alma mater. Todd had a heart attack a few years back and is no longer with us. RIP Todd we miss you and you were a great friend! I will never forget all those Woodisms you taught me, I draw strength from them in times of trouble!
Bell was one of my favorite Bears too, though oh how I hate Ohio State!

Have always felt bad that he and Al Harris were holdouts and missed the ‘85 Super Bowl season.

Tom Brady, Teddy bruschi, wes Walker, Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Andrew reed, Joe Montana, The refrigerator, Troy Brown, ty law, of course my nickname in high school was Jack Lambert.

Mine is Walter Payton, he's responsible for me becoming a true Bears fan. I had rooted for the Bears as a kid for a few seasons before Walter started playing, but wasn't a real fan yet. Mr. Payton changed that. He was a treat to watch. He was extremely strong, very quick, and a fierce competitor. He sat out just ONE game during his 13 year career. We'll most likely never see another running back like him again. So who are some of YOUR favorites?
One of my favorites was Todd Bell. A friend of Walter and a great Buckeye. After the NFL Todd was the head of corporate solicitaion for OSU and worked tirelessly promoting his alma mater. Todd had a heart attack a few years back and is no longer with us. RIP Todd we miss you and you were a great friend! I will never forget all those Woodisms you taught me, I draw strength from them in times of trouble!
Bell was one of my favorite Bears too, though oh how I hate Ohio State!

Have always felt bad that he and Al Harris were holdouts and missed the ‘85 Super Bowl season.
Todd was a good guy and a good freind. I live in Columbus and half my family works for the University. Love my buckeyes.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Tom Brady, Teddy bruschi, wes Walker, Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Andrew reed, Joe Montana, The refrigerator, Troy Brown, ty law, of course my nickname in high school was Jack Lambert.

When they called you Jack, you thought it was Jack Lambert
It really was Jack Off

• Funny
Reactions: IM2

When they called you Jack, you thought it was Jack Lambert
It really was Jack Off
No it’s because how I hit people, esp the big blacks. I was a tackling machine.. and a ex nfl line man Gave me the nickname, coach pep,, he went on to become head coach of a arena league won, 3 championships, but died in a car accident.. good man.

What a Murderers’ Row from The Ohio State University...Jack Tatum, Doug Plank, and Todd Bell! Kudos! But I still don’t like yous guys.
Todd Bell was nice but he couldn't hit like Plank or Tatum. Those two, damn!

Forum List

Back