Which NFL players are your all-time favorites?

bluzman61

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2019
Valparaiso, Indiana USA
Mine is Walter Payton, he's responsible for me becoming a true Bears fan. I had rooted for the Bears as a kid for a few seasons before Walter started playing, but wasn't a real fan yet. Mr. Payton changed that. He was a treat to watch. He was extremely strong, very quick, and a fierce competitor. He sat out just ONE game during his 13 year career. We'll most likely never see another running back like him again. So who are some of YOUR favorites?

Mine is Walter Payton, he's responsible for me becoming a true Bears fan. I had rooted for the Bears as a kid for a few seasons before Walter started playing, but wasn't a real fan yet. Mr. Payton changed that. He was a treat to watch. He was extremely strong, very quick, and a fierce competitor. He sat out just ONE game during his 13 year career. We'll most likely never see another running back like him again. So who are some of YOUR favorites?
One of my favorites was Todd Bell. A friend of Walter and a great Buckeye. After the NFL Todd was the head of corporate solicitaion for OSU and worked tirelessly promoting his alma mater. Todd had a heart attack a few years back and is no longer with us. RIP Todd we miss you and you were a great friend! I will never forget all those Woodisms you taught me, I draw strength from them in times of trouble!

One of my favorites was Todd Bell. A friend of Walter and a great Buckeye. After the NFL Todd was the head of corporate solicitaion for OSU and worked tirelessly promoting his alma mater. Todd had a heart attack a few years back and is no longer with us. RIP Todd we miss you and you were a great friend! I will never forget all those Woodisms you taught me, I draw strength from them in times of trouble!
Thanks for the info. I believe I've HEARD of Todd Bell. I'll look him up.

Hmmmmm...

I always like Barry Sanders. No one could break ankles like that guy. I wish he'd have played longer, but not my call.

Mark Bavarro, tight end for the Giants, was always a favorite.

When I lived in San Diego I was a bit of a Chargers fan, so Natron Means and Ladanian Tomlinson.

Finally, Lawrence Taylor. His reaction to causing the career-ending injury to Joe Theisman is heart wrenching. In this few seconds it became clear that Taylor understood that, at the end of the day, it's really just a game...

Only reason to watch fooball

1585930252325.png

im partial to the Miami Dolphins although non of the recent group
Jake Scott the Defensive #13
Dam Marino the offensive #13
Butch and Sundance aka Csonka and Kiick

Easy question.
There are great players... outstanding players... and then there are those who literally change how the game is played

Oh and dig the 91-yard punt at 5:17

I met Walter Payton after his life in football was over but when he got into auto racing with his involvement wit Payton[-Coyone Racing. Took this photo of him with my daughters at the Miami Grand Prix
Payton-Coyne Racing by

I met Walter Payton after his life in football was over but when he got into auto racing with his involvement wit Payton[-Coyone Racing. Took this photo of him with my daughters at the Miami Grand Prix
Payton-Coyne Racing by
Cool pic!

Best Strong Safety of all time: Troy Polamalu.

Best Strong Safety of all time: Troy Polamalu.

He was fun to watch and one heck of a player.

He had a unique running style, opposite of a high knees type runner. Incredibly strong guy especially his legs.

Forum List

Back