Which NFL players are your all-time favorites?

Randa
Easy question.
There are great players... outstanding players... and then there are those who literally change how the game is played

Oh and dig the 91-yard punt at 5:17

Randall was worth the price of a ticket by himself. He is in a category of the most exciting players. The crowd would gasp at some of his plays.

Don Meredith

1585943353710.jpeg

Mine is Walter Payton, he's responsible for me becoming a true Bears fan. I had rooted for the Bears as a kid for a few seasons before Walter started playing, but wasn't a real fan yet. Mr. Payton changed that. He was a treat to watch. He was extremely strong, very quick, and a fierce competitor. He sat out just ONE game during his 13 year career. We'll most likely never see another running back like him again. So who are some of YOUR favorites?
Often overlooked I think because he played during a period when the rest of his team wasn't peaking as hot, is Safety and Cornerback Rod Woodson, who I think gave up a chance to go to the Olympics to become a football player. The guy was spectacular.

277444_original.jpg

My favorites have already been listed, but I'll put up a few more that were/are great to watch.

Christian Okoye. The 'Nigerian Nightmare' running over defenders was awesome to watch.
Steve Atwater. Hell of a hitter, and pretty much destroyed Okoye.
My current favorite is George Kittle. There's a man that really seems to have fun playing, and playing with a rough, old-school mindset. His run after the catch against the Saints was my top play of the year. I also loved seeing the big smile on his face after he pancaked a guy on a block in the endzone.

My current favorite is George Kittle. There's a man that really seems to have fun playing, and playing with a rough, old-school mindset. His run after the catch against the Saints was my top play of the year. I also loved seeing the big smile on his face after he pancaked a guy on a block in the endzone.

Beat me to it.

Can't wait to see him enter the wrestling ring after his football career is over.

John Riggins and The 'Hogs' from Redskins glory days. Deion Sanders was really exciting to watch as was Bo Jackson.
I am a Giants fan and John Riggins was the one Running Back I hated to face. I could take Walter Payton, OJ, Tony Dorsett.....they would get off an occasional big run.

But Riggins would just wear you down. 4 yards, 5 yards, 3 yards, 6 yards......just keep moving the chains

By the fourth quarter, the Defense was worn down and Riggins owned you.

I saw just about every snap Lawrence Taylor played. When the other team had the ball, I did not watch the QB, I watched number 56.

Taylor totally disrupted offenses. You could see the panic in a QBs eyes as LT was constantly in his face.

John Riggins and The 'Hogs' from Redskins glory days. Deion Sanders was really exciting to watch as was Bo Jackson.
I am a Giants fan and John Riggins was the one Running Back I hated to face. I could take Walter Payton, OJ, Tony Dorsett.....they would get off an occasional big run.

But Riggins would just wear you down. 4 yards, 5 yards, 3 yards, 6 yards......just keep moving the chains

Not to demean Riggins, but the offensive line was nasty.

Not to demean Riggins, but the offensive line was nasty.
It was the combination that was so overpowering. That's why I said Riggins and the Hogs.

Randa
Easy question.
There are great players... outstanding players... and then there are those who literally change how the game is played

Oh and dig the 91-yard punt at 5:17

Randall was worth the price of a ticket by himself. He is in a category of the most exciting players. The crowd would gasp at some of his plays.

I put Cunningham in the same category as Mike Vick. Super ,running, passing QBs who were the best at their position at their peaks.

Mine is Walter Payton, he's responsible for me becoming a true Bears fan. I had rooted for the Bears as a kid for a few seasons before Walter started playing, but wasn't a real fan yet. Mr. Payton changed that. He was a treat to watch. He was extremely strong, very quick, and a fierce competitor. He sat out just ONE game during his 13 year career. We'll most likely never see another running back like him again. So who are some of YOUR favorites?
Best Strong Safety of all time: Troy Polamalu.

Not even. These two were.

1586837040958.png

That hit on Earl Campbell on the goal line is classic. He knocked himself out and gave Campbell a concussion. Now that's hitting.

And the there is the great one.

1586837563713.png

Night Train Lane. Polamalu was bad, but not like these guys.

Night Train. The name speaks for itself.

Jack Tatum was my favorite player of all time. Her would bust your ass if you came his way. I tried playing like that in football and rugby and it's why both my shoulders are bad today. But it was fun.

Forum List

Back