Where us fatties are

as-graphic-obesity-in-USA-v3.jpg

OK, so it’s not PC to say that. I don’t care. I’m a blob of fat and hate every second of not losing it.

"Almost 50 years into the upward curve of obesity rates we haven't yet found the right mix of programs to stop the epidemic.”

"Isolated programs and calls for lifestyle changes aren't enough.

Instead, our report highlights the fundamental changes that are needed in the social and economic conditions that make it challenging for people to eat healthy foods and get sufficient exercise."

Diet and exercise.

That’s the secret, isn’t it?

How does one exercise when one can barely stand up – and then with only a rollador?

And what’s the secret to a diet that keeps blood sugar levels from dropping like a stone?

(Just came back from a visit to the ER and my BS was at 32 – hypoglycemia.)

More of the story @ Obesity map of USA reveals the states where 40% are dangerously overweight
I have RA, so that doesn't help with exercise. However, I bought some trekking poles to help my hip, and a staff I call my Gandalf Walking Stick..and every night I walk half a block. I don't dare do more because this is a pretty unsafe neighborhood. But it helps.
This ain't advice, but I almost fainted when I found a book on celery that was over 100 pages long. Its author claims that RA symptoms are the result of residual EBV. There's a whole bunch of pages in his book, especially pp 35 - 36 in which he specifies which compounds in celery go after the EBV with clinical precision. The name of the book is "Celery Juice, (The Most Powerful Medicine of Our Time) HEALING MILLIONS WORLDWIDE" and the author's name is Anthony William, and is known to his clients as the "MedicalMedium." Not sure what's there, because I have all I need in the book, but you can find out more about this healer at www.medicalmedium.com . Hope his tip on celery helps you put that cane to the mothballs. This guy treats movie stars, rock stars, billionaires, and professional athletes, and gets them back on top of their game again. Hope you find his celery juice cure to help you out. I just cut mine up fine, put in an 8-oz measuring cup, and have lunch. It too helps cut my appetite in half, actually more. You get well there, girl! :huddle:

Wait...what?
I have RA. On my 5th year after diagnosis. My hands hurt every single day.

Cholesterol, for starters ~ is pretty much a meaningless benchmark without context. I followed a 300 day n=1 experiment and the foods eaten exactly 3 days before a standard syrum blood test was able to swing cholesterol by 100 fucking points. Cholesterol, in and of itself, takes about a week or more of study to fully understand and you can have perfect ratios as compared to the standard and have that be bad for YOU...and theres also different LDLs that arent even given on a standard serum blood test.

Well, time to go up to the sewing room and sew another red quilt top. Think I'll put a teaspoon of maple syrup instead of local grown honey in my green oolong tea and carry it up also. Y'all have a dynamite day and a glass of celery juice for aches and pains.

Thanks for the good conversations, you science guys! :huddle:
Im a complete nutrition nerd.

Careful with tea temperatures...hot liquids taken on a daily basis were correlated(not necessarily causitive*) with throat cancer...I think it was a European study.

I bloop bloop some ice in there.

Now there's a guy who knows sugar, carbonated water, alcohol, bleached flours, gluten, and too much of any one food is bad for ya! :woohoo:
It really isn't complicated.
1) Stop drinking soda. People who drink 2-3 soda's a day are consuming over a pound o
It depends on what your goals are, if it's complicated or not. You can hack your body, or you can hack your body. Theres healthy folks, and theres greek gods, and theres 85 year olds that run marathons. The spectrum depends on a ton more than the uncomplicated.

Child diabetes was exceedingly rare throughout the world prior to the 1950s.
In the United States it is estimated that 1/3 of the population 20 and over are pre-diabetes or have diabetes.
You drink soda, eat bread every day, eat fast food and generally don't eat vegetables other than potatoes - you will get sick.
It is that simple.
Thats simple for maintenance. To be a warrior no, it aint that simple, its science.

You can't over complicate.
You start taking things to their molecular levels and you lose 98% of your audience.
At age 29 I developed HBP, was having kidney stones, my cholesterol was that of a 50 year old, and started having PCA's.
At 6' 4" I weighed 243 lbs.
Got on beta blockers naturally, a year later I had what they called a heart strain. The medicine was controlling the blood pressure but it did nothing for the fact I was drinking 4 sodas a day, ate Burger King etc for lunch almost every day, cookies, cake and ice cream for bed time snack.
Fast forward a few years later when I decided my lousy diet was the key.
I am now 54 years old.
I have maintained a steady weight between 210 - 215. My blood work has reversed, my cholesterol, triglycerides and sugar levels are actually that of a 30 year old.
HBP? My readings have been fantastic for 20 years.
I gave up soda, I do not eat fast food. I do not eat processed franken food. I buy all of our meats from an actual butcher etc. I learned how to cook and cook well.
I am not only not sick anymore, but look and feel better than people 10 years younger than me.
It isn't that complicated to be well.
When my kids growing up, I read a book by Euwell (sp) Gibbons entitled "Stalking the Wild Asparagus." who was touting good food practices. Well, he passed at age 67, for reasons I do not know. I've tried to be wise in my choices, but I'm learning a lot from books like "The Kitchen Pharmacy," etc., that updated my 80's nutrition education. Anyway, I've way outlived mr. Euelll Gibbons, but I'm jazzed because I'm looking forward to letting the celery take care of my knees from now on, because the Flexion-osteo products combined with turmeric lose their omph after 12 hours, and I hate double dosing when there's an underlying issue. I may be like Ms. Gracie and have RA, because my sister had it, and I look forward to chasing down the EBV (Epstein Barr Virus) I though I got rid of years ago and become able again to turn up the walk machine at the gymn up some to really put the axe to a few overblown fat cells that are not helping the knee situation.

I'm outta here for the moment.

• Thanks
Reactions: GT
Well, time to go up to the sewing room and sew another red quilt top. Think I'll put a teaspoon of maple syrup instead of local grown honey in my green oolong tea and carry it up also. Y'all have a dynamite day and a glass of celery juice for aches and pains.

Thanks for the good conversations, you science guys! :huddle:
Im a complete nutrition nerd.

Careful with tea temperatures...hot liquids taken on a daily basis were correlated(not necessarily causitive*) with throat cancer...I think it was a European study.

I bloop bloop some ice in there.
Thanks, I always let it set for 15 minutes before imbibing. But I'm glad to know that boiling hot isn't good fer ya. :thup:

• Thanks
A lot of vegetables produce micro-toxins when they're eaten ~ it's their defense mechanism from being eaten, as a result of evolution. If anyone has chrohns, or digestive issues, I would go completely carnivore - but to get ample nutrition you have to eat head to toe because the organs contain many of the vital nutrients. Also, grass-fed has a much healthier fatty acid profile than grain fed. Id do this for about a month, and see how you feel, and then slowly introduce plant product.

Anti-oxidant plants are suspect in a lot of studies as well, 1. for what I mentioned in paragraph 1, and 2. because their anti-oxidant effects are not always translating to the human body.

It really isn't complicated.
1) Stop drinking soda. People who drink 2-3 soda's a day are consuming over a pound o
It depends on what your goals are, if it's complicated or not. You can hack your body, or you can hack your body. Theres healthy folks, and theres greek gods, and theres 85 year olds that run marathons. The spectrum depends on a ton more than the uncomplicated.

Child diabetes was exceedingly rare throughout the world prior to the 1950s.
In the United States it is estimated that 1/3 of the population 20 and over are pre-diabetes or have diabetes.
You drink soda, eat bread every day, eat fast food and generally don't eat vegetables other than potatoes - you will get sick.
It is that simple.
Thats simple for maintenance. To be a warrior no, it aint that simple, its science.

You can't over complicate.
You start taking things to their molecular levels and you lose 98% of your audience.
At age 29 I developed HBP, was having kidney stones, my cholesterol was that of a 50 year old, and started having PCA's.
At 6' 4" I weighed 243 lbs.
Got on beta blockers naturally, a year later I had what they called a heart strain. The medicine was controlling the blood pressure but it did nothing for the fact I was drinking 4 sodas a day, ate Burger King etc for lunch almost every day, cookies, cake and ice cream for bed time snack.
Fast forward a few years later when I decided my lousy diet was the key.
I am now 54 years old.
I have maintained a steady weight between 210 - 215. My blood work has reversed, my cholesterol, triglycerides and sugar levels are actually that of a 30 year old.
HBP? My readings have been fantastic for 20 years.
I gave up soda, I do not eat fast food. I do not eat processed franken food. I buy all of our meats from an actual butcher etc. I learned how to cook and cook well.
I am not only not sick anymore, but look and feel better than people 10 years younger than me.
It isn't that complicated to be well.
When my kids growing up, I read a book by Euwell (sp) Gibbons entitled "Stalking the Wild Asparagus." who was touting good food practices. Well, he passed at age 67, for reasons I do not know. I've tried to be wise in my choices, but I'm learning a lot from books like "The Kitchen Pharmacy," etc., that updated my 80's nutrition education. Anyway, I've way outlived mr. Euelll Gibbons, but I'm jazzed because I'm looking forward to letting the celery take care of my knees from now on, because the Flexion-osteo products combined with turmeric lose their omph after 12 hours, and I hate double dosing when there's an underlying issue. I may be like Ms. Gracie and have RA, because my sister had it, and I look forward to chasing down the EBV (Epstein Barr Virus) I though I got rid of years ago and become able again to turn up the walk machine at the gymn up some to really put the axe to a few overblown fat cells that are not helping the knee situation.

I'm outta here for the moment.
If you ever want a complete fucking geek to fire you some anti-inflammatory elixurs, you hollar right at me. Im obsessive, and its because of how I feel...I want everyone to feel great. Its just the least I can do as a speck in the universe.

A lot of vegetables produce micro-toxins when they're eaten ~ it's their defense mechanism from being eaten, as a result of evolution. If anyone has chrohns, or digestive issues, I would go completely carnivore - but to get ample nutrition you have to eat head to toe because the organs contain many of the vital nutrients. Also, grass-fed has a much healthier fatty acid profile than grain fed. Id do this for about a month, and see how you feel, and then slowly introduce plant product.

Anti-oxidant plants are suspect in a lot of studies as well, 1. for what I mentioned in paragraph 1, and 2. because their anti-oxidant effects are not always translating to the human body.
Always grass fed.
Grain fed, is another word for corn fed. Cows are not designed to eat such a high starch/high sugar diet. But, it fattens them up faster and is cheaper than fielding.

Holy cow (pun intended)... did we just find something to agree on?

Always grass fed.
Grain fed, is another word for corn fed. Cows are not designed to eat such a high starch/high sugar diet. But, it fattens them up faster and is cheaper than fielding.

Dude I knew you were fairly normal when I found out you brewed crafts and such...I just enjoy fuckin with ya :11_2_1043:

Always grass fed.

This is all I mean by the nuances involved in diet, its what I was trying to get at in a round about way, before.

There's basic bitch things that will make you a commonly, mostly..healthy basic bitch.(not yiu personally)

And then there's learning the 6 thousand levels of nuance that give yourself the best crack at optimum, machine-like health.....and theres also 5, 999 levels in-between the two.

Its fun to bio-hack.

Its also worthy of note that theres guidelines, but every person should be considered their own unique system and because of genetic diversity and evolutionary mutations...no rules in diet could be universal.

How many people on the food network cook with olive oil?

Rachel Ray made "EVOO" a household phrase, at the time.

Neverrr...eva eva eva eva....cook with olive oil. It ruins its health benefit, destroys the fatty acid profile because its smoke point is so low.

Its also pretty amazing raw anyhow

We eat a lot of variety. I believe that is what humans were meant to do. We are omnivores.
I also have read a fair amount about balanced nutrition etc, not the the extent you all have but a fair amount.
We eat 2 dinners a week of fresh seafood, usually one of either gulf shrimp/arctic char/wild rainbow trout/fresh crab. Sometimes scallops for me, since Bonz for some ungodly reason doesn't like scallops.
We eat chicken, Amish raised on a farm about 50 miles from here. NO franken chicken for me.
Pork and beef usually just once a week.
As for vegetables... green leaf lettuce/spinach/onions/scallions/sweet potato/potato/tomato/summer squash/spaghetti squash/acorn squash/butternut squash/carrots... I could go on. Always fresh. Never canned/bagged.
We eat bananas, apples from a large apple farm that has been privately owned for over 60 years. Peaches from Georgia that this same farm brings in twice a month. Blueberries when in season.

We never eat processed/prepackaged foods. I make my own sauces, salad dressings etc. Therefore we consume a fair amount of vinegars. Always cooks with olive oil. Except when occasionally making Chinese... safflower oil then.

• Thanks
I'm on the diet I was on where I lost 110 pounds. I let me gain it back.

Theres so many levels to this shit... its as in depth as any other scientific field that there is. And...its fun. And...theres a world of added benefits to being an athlete, in form.
Nutrition is indeed an absolutely fascinating subject. So many modern day maladies are caused by diet, and the oft prescribed remedies, first off are medications; rather than looking at people as the “animals” they are, and devising dietary strategies that maximize the sustinence we’ve evolved to sustain ourselves with. Sure... We can eat just about anything and get away with it. In a pinch... But evolutionarily speaking; that was just meant to get us by until we could secure what our bodies really needed.

We eat a lot of variety. I believe that is what humans were meant to do. We are omnivores.
I also have read a fair amount about balanced nutrition etc, not the the extent you all have but a fair amount.
We eat 2 dinners a week of fresh seafood, usually one of either gulf shrimp/arctic char/wild rainbow trout/fresh crab. Sometimes scallops for me, since Bonz for some ungodly reason doesn't like scallops.
We eat chicken, Amish raised on a farm about 50 miles from here. NO franken chicken for me.
Pork and beef usually just once a week.
As for vegetables... green leaf lettuce/spinach/onions/scallions/sweet potato/potato/tomato/summer squash/spaghetti squash/acorn squash/butternut squash/carrots... I could go on. Always fresh. Never canned/bagged.
We eat bananas, apples from a large apple farm that has been privately owned for over 60 years. Peaches from Georgia that this same farm brings in twice a month. Blueberries when in season.

We never eat processed/prepackaged foods. I make my own sauces, salad dressings etc. Therefore we consume a fair amount of vinegars. Always cooks with olive oil. Except when occasionally making Chinese... safflower oil then.
Diversity is good for getting all of your nutrients and micro-nutrients...

but your body makes many of them on its own, some require others for your body to even absorb them im the first place...some are redundant and some (even anti oxidants) are actually oxidizing your cells which...if proper autophagy isnt being allow to occur (usually occurs by allowing enough hours in a caloric deficit), then it can lead to things like Cancer.

On a completely, would-be "healthy" diet, cancer can happen if you dont take some steps that are pretty good at prevention.

Health/nutrition is a crazy thing. Just remember that some oxidant foods are actually poisoning your body with microtoxins to protect themselves from being eaten. Some eskimo didnt eat plants, and some asians lived on grains. The secret is in paying near microscopic attention to your body IF YOU CARE TO. I care to, and I also indulge about 1 or 2x a month, or at parties/occasions too.

I’ve been Keto for years. And it definitely works for weight loss. But still I was plagued by random shitting problems. Namely diarrhea. 2 months ago I went full carnivore. And holy shit! My movements cleared right up. Other benefits have quickly manifested as well. A lower body fat index, less hunger cravings, an increased acuity, even higher libido. The only potential drawback I’ve seen; and I stress “potential” is a markedly increased “prey drive”.

• Thanks
Theres so many levels to this shit... its as in depth as any other scientific field that there is. And...its fun. And...theres a world of added benefits to being an athlete, in form.
Nutrition is indeed an absolutely fascinating subject. So many modern day maladies are caused by diet, and the oft prescribed remedies, first off are medications; rather than looking at people as the “animals” they are, and devising dietary strategies that maximize the sustinence we’ve evolved to sustain ourselves with. Sure... We can eat just about anything and get away with it. In a pinch... But evolutionarily speaking; that was just meant to get us by until we could secure what our bodies really needed.
After learning as much as I have about this crap......cholesterol, Id never put someone on statins. EVER, not in a million years.

I’ve been Keto for years. And it definitely works for weight loss. But still I was plagued by random shitting problems. Namely diarrhea. 2 months ago I went full carnivore. And holy shit! My movements cleared right up. Other benefits have quickly manifested as well. A lower body fat index, less hunger cravings, an increased acuity, even higher libido. The only potential drawback I’ve seen; and I stress “potential” is a markedly increased “prey drive”.
Carnivore is ironically on the rise due to a lot of recent research showing its many health benefits...

ironically in correlation with veganism and fake-meats being on the rise, lol

Im not surprised to hear your progress on full carnivore. Its right around the 3 week marker that, anyone who's made it to THAT point...reports back that they feel the youngest/best they've ever felt. Some folks even skip the organ meats for a while...begin to feel sluggish or depressed...they have 2 servings within a week's time of organs and they're totally bounced back to groovy.

Diet and exercise.

That’s the secret, isn’t it?

How does one exercise when one can barely stand up – and then with only a rollador?
No, not really. Exercise is beneficial, but not for weight loss. I lost 60 pounds in 60 days in 2015, and here's the secret. Accept it or reject it. Doesnt matter to me, but it works.

1. Avoid white, processed carbs -- bread, cookies, cake, Little Debbie, potato chips etc

2. Eat ONLY what I call, God Food -- natural food in as near it's natural state as possible. Refined foods are the culprit.

3. Learn to substitute junk food you love for similar healthy foods.

French fries: bake stake fries covered with cooking oil spray and stake seasoning instead.

Ice Cream: make banana ice cream instead. YouTube it.

If you follow these principles you will lose weight faster than you ever thought possible.

Last edited:
Carnivore is ironically on the rise due to a lot of recent research showing its many health benefits...

ironically in correlation with veganism and fake-meats being on the rise, lol
I just went to Burger King and ate an Impossible Whopper. I do this once a week.

Forum List

Back