A Detox Drug Promises Miracles—If It Doesn't Kill You First

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
I’m not sure I’ve ever met an opioid user who didn’t want to quit, and as an emergency room doctor, I’ve met a fair number of users. But the chemical need of the addiction can be indomitable. And the nature of that dependence is often misunderstood. It’s not only the high that keeps most users hooked—it’s also avoidance of the special hell of withdrawal.

This is why, when a heroin user who had just overdosed in his mother’s bathroom was brought to the ER where I work, he immediately shot up again in the hospital bathroom. Paramedics had given him naloxone, the antidote for opioid overdose. It saved his life, but the medication creates instant withdrawal. His brush with death had fazed him less than his roiling dope sickness.
A Detox Drug Promises Miracles—If It Doesn't Kill You First

It's an interesting read and something to look into.

I know a person few years on Vicodin, got switched over to weak Trama..dol. If that person does not take daily dose of Tram..adol, claims to get 100% stuffed up, can’t sleep, sneezing, blowing nose all next day. Is this Mini-withdrawals? This person still has to go to work. Can’t imagine Anyone with big withdrawals being able to function?

Why is Tram....adol a banned word? Mods?

Forum List

Back