Where, oh where, did the War Protests go??????

Barack Obama accused of crimes against humanity for Osama bin Laden killing - Telegraph

Serious question. I remember from 2004-2006, there were several large War Protests here in Charleston, SC at the downtown Marion Square. Thousands showed up. I remember the media splashing our screens with shots of very large war protests in NYC, SF, Chicago, LA, and on and on and on. VERY emotional protests. Signs with Bush painted as Hitler. "No War For Oil" signs. "Spread Love Not War". Code Pink. You all remember those days, right? Before war was cool?

Where did those protests go? We are still in Iraq. And we are still in Afghanistan. We've started a new conflict by bombing the possum poop out of Libya. We not only used bomber drones in Pakistan, but literally invaded Pakistan without that gov'ts permission with a SEAL team to kill Bin Laden. Now, rumors of operations in Syria and Iran are rampant. To Obama's credit, I'm ok with bombing Syria and Pakistan. And finishing the job in Iraq and Afghanistan.

But I can't help but wonder....all those people who protested the 2 wars from 2002-2008.....where are they now protesting the 4 we're in today? The only mobs I see are the Tea Party rallies, the Union whacks, no-border rallies, and an anarchist/G20 type rally here and there.

But no war protests. Did I miss something? Or did war become cool all of a sudden sometime in early 2009?

Well why aren't you out protesting then?

The man who started these wars, and his party, was voted out of power. This is the greatest protest of all. Now another person is being given a chance.

You know, I kind of suspected that was the case.

Those protest were really only feigned indignation from a bunch of liars whose sole motive was advancing their political party to power and they really had nothing at all to do with any principled stand of “being against war”.

So, I guess that answer to the OP’s question is: their insatiable thirst for power has been quenched and they have crawled back into their hidey-holes.

Your reading comprehension is lacking.

Not sure what you mean (I was agreeing with you).

Anyway, I re-read everything up to here and it still seems the question is: where did all the war protesters go?

And I agree. Another party came to power.

So it’s fairly obvious that the protesters did not give a hoot about the war. They only wanted to advance their political party. And, when they got what they wanted, they went home.

At least, as far as I can tell, that’s where they all went.

Protests are still going on...

It's not like they EVER got any kind of press. Fox covers 15 people that show up for a tea bagger rally, but not the hundreds that show up for an anti-war rally. :rolleyes:

Funny, I seem to recall plenty of war-protest footage every time Bush ever went anyplace.

So are we saying that the media is intentionally ignoring these protests just because it’s Obama making the speeches now?

So the war protests go on but the media refuses to cover them because their party is in power.

This reeks even more than I originally thought.

The "Anti-War Left" are the biggest frauds in America. ...How many of these people do you see rushing over to Libya to be 'Human Shields' for Gaddafi?...ZIP! None. Remember when being a 'Human Shield' was all the rage for them back in the Iraq War? So where are they now?...

I forgot about the Human Shields. Where the fuck did they all go?

Last edited:
We need another Patton now more than we need another MLK.... This is a battle... not some equal rights issue

MLK Jr was anti-war as well as equal rights and he was famous and a good speaker so people would listen to him.

Now we only have people who pretend to be anti-war when the other party is in power. Democrats pretended to be anti-war during Iraq, I'm now hearing some republicans pretend to be anti-war because of Libya.

If Obama were president from 2001-2009 Democrats would've loved the War in Iraq, if Bush were president now Republicans would love the War in Libya.

Loving war is not what I would say in this.... but what we should love is the ability to do it whole hog to fight as well as we can... not being handcuffed because of appeasing anti-war crybabies....

To be inherently anti-war is to be living outside of reality... because like it or not, you do have to battle many types of enemies with something more than words or good intentions

Personally... I can nitpick on how different conflicts are entered... but when in them, I have only one stance... annihilation... beating down til they can't get up.. make replenishment of enemy forces more unpalatable... decisive, swift, and brutal combat to kill and win against every aspect of the enemy... personnel, supply, leadership, logistics, footholds, etc... the more than join the side of the enemy, the more and more brutally you eliminate them anytime and anywhere

I think this is getting closer to the real heart of the matter. It is easy to demonize political opponents for "loving" war, or of furthering a political agenda by promoting war. The truth, despite the strident rhetoric, is that no one LIKES war, especially those who have actually had to feel it, hear it, smell it, see it, and live it. I can actually respect a TRUE pacifist, one who opposes all war on principle, because, while I disagree with that point of view, it is at least intellectually consistent, and because I can understand the revulsion anyone might feel for what is inherently an ugly enterprise. There is not, has never been, and never will be a "good" war; that opinion is shared by almost every man I know who has had to fight one.

HOWEVER, just as fighting any war has consequences, NOT fighting a war has consequences, too. Fight a war that does not have to be fought (something more easily determined in hindsight than in foresight) and you will have casualties, collateral damage, and wasted money, all unnecessary. Fail to fight a war that should have been fought, and you will have damage to the nation's prestige, and possibly to its moral standing, AND quite possibly, have to fight a larger war with even more casualties, collateral damage, and expense, with the addtional possibility of losing the nation's security, and even liberty itself, should you lose. So, when you decide to fight, you hope you are right; when you decide NOT to fight, you had better be right!

Right now, like it or not, we are fighting a war that began with an attack on our country.We HAVE to respond, but, because that attack was carried out by a group of essentially stateless terrorists, we have a fundamental disagreement over exactly who the enemy is, and upon which fronts we should choose to fight it. We can debate the wisdom of this strategy, or that, until the cows come home, but we had better be willing not only to fight this war, but to fight it to win. We had better be willing to do that, because the enemy certainly is, and will remain committed to defeating us, until we convince him otherwise.

You know, I kind of suspected that was the case.

Those protest were really only feigned indignation from a bunch of liars whose sole motive was advancing their political party to power and they really had nothing at all to do with any principled stand of “being against war”.

So, I guess that answer to the OP’s question is: their insatiable thirst for power has been quenched and they have crawled back into their hidey-holes.

Your reading comprehension is lacking.

Not sure what you mean (I was agreeing with you).

Anyway, I re-read everything up to here and it still seems the question is: where did all the war protesters go?

And I agree. Another party came to power.

So it’s fairly obvious that the protesters did not give a hoot about the war. They only wanted to advance their political party. And, when they got what they wanted, they went home.

At least, as far as I can tell, that’s where they all went.

Sorry, that was not intended for you.

But where did they go? Seems like there was a war protest every week from about 05-08. Thousands. "Tens of thousands" we were told by the media. Flooding the streets. Demanding we pull out of the wars.

Where are these people now? Did Obama kidnap them and detain them? Or did they just....all of a sudden, around 01-20-2009, they become supporters of the 2 wars, and eventually, all 4?

where is cindy sheehan when you need her?

At that point in history there was a large group of people who were anti-war in principle, not anti-certain wars cuz of party.

Sadly those days are LONG gone.

No they aren't. They are large protests every week at Union Square Park.

Additionally..there were large protests against the Iraq war crime.

It didn't work..but it wasn't because of lack of trying.

The current protests are nothing like the Vietnam War protests. The Vietnam War protests sadly for the most part didn't work either.

Maybe I'm wrong and there is a huge group of people who are as anti-war as I am, but like me, they know they're helpless at stopping the 2 pro-war parties no matter what they say or do so they don't bother.

Yeah they did.

Protests are still going on...

It's not like they EVER got any kind of press. Fox covers 15 people that show up for a tea bagger rally, but not the hundreds that show up for an anti-war rally. :rolleyes:

Funny, I seem to recall plenty of war-protest footage every time Bush ever went anyplace.

So are we saying that the media is intentionally ignoring these protests just because it’s Obama making the speeches now?

So the war protests go on but the media refuses to cover them because their party is in power.

This reeks even more than I originally thought.

Almost no one showed one of the biggest anti-war protests against the Iraqi invasion in NYC.

There were over 250,000 people in that one.

And millions across the country.

Cheney famously said he couldn't care less that 60% of the American people were against the invasion.

The American Left and Democrat Party are wholly owned by International Communists. They only protest Republicans because that's per instruction from HQ.

Isn't it obvious?

War is not healthy for Children and other living things, except when it Obama Countless and Endless Wars

No they aren't. They are large protests every week at Union Square Park.

Additionally..there were large protests against the Iraq war crime.

It didn't work..but it wasn't because of lack of trying.

The current protests are nothing like the Vietnam War protests. The Vietnam War protests sadly for the most part didn't work either.

Maybe I'm wrong and there is a huge group of people who are as anti-war as I am, but like me, they know they're helpless at stopping the 2 pro-war parties no matter what they say or do so they don't bother.

Yeah they did.

They sure did.

They're on Vacation in Hopey Changey Land. They'll get right back to pretending they're "Anti-War" as soon as a Republican gets back in there. You can bet on that. It is sad but it is what it is.

They're on Vacation in Hopey Changey Land. They'll get right back to pretending they're "Anti-War" as soon as a Republican gets back in there. You can bet on that. It is sad but it is what it is.

When Obama starts an unjustified war, we will be protesting. Is that plain enough for even you to understand?

Where Have All the Flowers Gone? (2011 version)

Where have all the peaceniks gone,
Long time passing?
Where have all the peaceniks gone,
long time ago?
Obama's in and Bush is gone;
now, they're pro-war, every one!
When will they ever learn?

Where has Cindy Sheehan gone,
long time passing?
Where has Cindy Sheehan gone,
long time ago?
Can't criticize Obama's views.
Now poor Cindy's just not news!

Where have all the Lefties gone,
long time passing?
Where have all the Lefties gone,
long time ago?
Praise Obama, now they think,
that like his shit, his wars don't stink!

Where have all the protests gone,
long time passing?
Where have all the protests gone,
long time ago?
Where have all the protests gone?
Now Obama rallies, every one!

There are very few real Anti-War people out there. Most often it's all about that 'D' & 'R' thing. It depends on which party is doing the bombing & killing. Right now the Obomba Bombs are just fine for the Left in this country. Their position will definitely change once a Republican gets back in there though. They'll be back to pretending they care about War and Civilians being slaughtered. It's mostly about Politics in the end. So for the Left,it's O-Bombs Away!! these days. Such is life i guess.

Forum List

Back