Where did all the gas and oil threads go? Biden breaking output records

Let's not start hangin' crepe just yet.

"Fossil fuel consumption has increased significantly over the past half-century, around eight-fold since 1950, and roughly doubling since 1980.

But the types of fuel we rely on has also shifted, from solely coal towards a combination with oil, and then gas. Today, coal consumption is falling in many parts of the world. But oil and gas are still growing quickly."

That would be a bad thing for a finite resource, correct? Long term oil goes obsolete and it will get super expensive before that. It’s simply a matter of time and how we get there.

So, after a decade of Obumma/Biden promising to close coal and end fossil fuels, you are admitting Joe has, what?
  • Totally LIED to us again? Or
  • Totally FAILED to keep his promises again?
So you are agreeing Joe has been good for old energy and is supporting the growth of new energy?

Flashback – Joe Biden: ‘I Guarantee You We’re Going to End Fossil Fuels’​

joe-biden-oil-drilling-energy-getty-640x480.jpg

So, after a decade of Obumma/Biden promising to close coal and end fossil fuels, you are admitting Joe has, what?
  • Totally LIED to us again? Or
  • Totally FAILED to keep his promises again?
September 8, 2014

"Obama promised he would reduce America’s dependence on oil. Now, energy expert Michael Klare points out, his administration is doing everything possible to boost oil production: opening up the waters off the Eastern seaboard to exploration, ramping up sales of leases for oil and gas drilling, expanding drilling in the Gulf of Mexico, even speeding up the processing of drilling permits. The results are visible: America’s oil demand grew more than China’s last year! As oil is the country’s single largest source of carbon emissions, the message for climate policy, says Klare, is clear: global warming be damned.

Considering all the talk about global warming, peak oil, carbon divestment, and renewable energy, you’d think that oil consumption in the United States would be on a downward path. By now, we should certainly be witnessing real progress toward a post-petroleum economy. As it happens, the opposite is occurring. U.S. oil consumption is on an upward trajectory, climbing by400,000 barrels per day in 2013 alone – and, if current trends persist, it should rise again both this year and next.
In other words, oil is back. Big time. Signs of its resurgence abound. Despite what you may think, Americans, on average, are driving more milesevery day, not fewer, filling ever more fuel tanks with ever more gasoline, and evidently feeling ever less bad about it.

Don't forget this move in 2010 right before the Horizon Blow Out.

For Immediate Release, March 31, 2010

WASHINGTON— Today President Obama released details of a new national offshore oil-drilling plan that would greatly expand oil leasing far beyond that which was ever authorized by the Bush administration. Prime polar bear habitat in the Beaufort and Chukchi seas off Alaska, opened for leasing under the Bush administration, would remain open to development, while large swaths of the Atlantic Coast and eastern Gulf of Mexico would be opened for the first time.

“Today’s announcement is unfortunately all too typical of what we have seen so far from President Obama – promises of change, a year of ‘deliberation,’ and ultimately, adoption of flawed and outdated Bush policies as his own,”

That would be a bad thing for a finite resource, correct? Long term oil goes obsolete and it will get super expensive before that. It’s simply a matter of time and how we get there.
They say the higher the prices go, the deeper the wells can go too.

But the goal is to transition to clean energy. Baby steps.

WASHINGTON, May 16, 2023 – The Biden-Harris Administration today announced the availability of nearly $11 billion in grants and loan opportunities that will help rural energy and utility providers bring affordable, reliable clean energy to their communities across the country. This represents the single largest investment in rural electrification since President Franklin D. Roosevelt signed the Rural Electrification Act into law in 1936.

No, I'm asking if that is true, was it due to lying or failure?

And if true, then why am I still paying even now about a dollar more a gallon than when Trump was in office?
By what date did Biden say fossil fuels would be obsolete?

Biden is the energy president

Oil production at records
Nat gas production at records
Nat gas export at records
Renewable energy production at records !!!

I see you avoid admitting the fact that Biden has the highest level of US oil output in the history of mankind. Instead you want to dance. Well dance way, it doesn’t change the fact that Biden is getting it done.

I read you're a fucking idiot, but all your posts are the same. Listen dipshit, fucktard, the more people the more gas. I'll ask again you spineless hack, what do you say for Biden and Democrats who promised we're all going to die under the spell of oil, when according to you they're the worst offenders?

You didn't answer the question. Did Cocaine Joe lie when he said "I guarantee we're going to end fossil fuels"?
No. And by the way you folks have demonstrated that lying isn’t a deal breaker for you anyway.

Biden is committed to getting us through our current issues.

We are still transitioning to green energy

Oil production increases are on private land. Tater has nothing to do with that.

I read you're a fucking idiot, but all your posts are the same. Listen dipshit, fucktard, the more people the more gas. I'll ask again you spineless hack, what do you say for Biden and Democrats who promised we're all going to die under the spell of oil, when according to you they're the worst offenders?
Id conclude only intentional ignorance would say that Biden's pro-clean energy rhetoric means that the US will overnight flip to running on windmills and solar panels. So my answer is Biden is investing in clean energy and letting the market forces drive how much oil we need in the short term... just like a normal thoughtful leader would.

Oil production increases are on private land. Tater has nothing to do with that.
So why have you been bitching about oil for the last 2 years then? Seems market forces drive in in your mind when production is high so it must be market forces when prices are high or low too.

Forum List

Back