When we Get Rid of the Police, What Takes Their Place?

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
In human society, we have these losers who hate everyone around them. If you play PvP games online you know what I mean. These losers will go out of their way, give up in-game advancement, etc in order to inflict pain, loss and humiliation on other people for no reason at all.

They are rightfully known as 'Greifers', because they main goal is to cause others greif.

In Real life, greifers are often criminals and share the mentality if not.

Being able to cause others harm makes them feel superior and not the losers that deep down they really truly are.

So when people ban police, the Greifers come, to loot, burn, mug and rape.

Do normal people just grin and bear it?

Of course not. They form militias to defend themselves.

Now what do you prefer to have? Militias or professional cops?

“Minneapolis residents in some areas still recovering from rioting and unrest are forming community watch and security groups, some bearing firearms, to fight a surge of crime,” reports the Wall Street Journal.
While no one can blame the residents — in fact they should be applauded for doing what it takes to protect their own – this is, in ways I’ll explain below, not good. It is, however, a sign of things to come in countless Democrat-run cities:...
In late June, residents near a commercial strip that had been looted, and the 3rd Precinct station that was abandoned and burned, were seeing a surge of shooting and drug-related crime on their block.
“It got to the point where crime had no consequences,” said Tania Rivera, 30, who runs a child-care center with her mother. “It was being done deliberately out in the open. Drive-through drug dealing, drive-through prostitution, everything from gunshots to assaults to sex out in the public. Everything you didn’t want your neighborhood to look like.”
So after a number of community meetings, neighbors began constructing a barrier to close off two blocks of their street, first with trash cans, then debris. For a while, a boat on a trailer protected one intersection. Eventually, a nearby iron maker constructed a permanent gate. Police gave their approval as long as emergency responders could get through if requested by the neighborhood.
It goes on to say that men in the neighborhood “began an armed patrol, kicking out anyone who didn’t belong on the block after dark.”
The Journal provides a number of other examples.

In human society, we have these losers who hate everyone around them. If you play PvP games online you know what I mean. These losers will go out of their way, give up in-game advancement, etc in order to inflict pain, loss and humiliation on other people for no reason at all.

They are rightfully known as 'Greifers', because they main goal is to cause others greif.

Being able to cause others harm makes them feel superior and not the losers that deep down they really truly are.

“Minneapolis residents in some areas still recovering from rioting and unrest are forming community watch and security groups, some bearing firearms, to fight a surge of crime,” reports the Wall Street Journal.
While no one can blame the residents — in fact they should be applauded for doing what it takes to protect their own – this is, in ways I’ll explain below, not good. It is, however, a sign of things to come in countless Democrat-run cities:...
In late June, residents near a commercial strip that had been looted, and the 3rd Precinct station that was abandoned and burned, were seeing a surge of shooting and drug-related crime on their block.
“It got to the point where crime had no consequences,” said Tania Rivera, 30, who runs a child-care center with her mother. “It was being done deliberately out in the open. Drive-through drug dealing, drive-through prostitution, everything from gunshots to assaults to sex out in the public. Everything you didn’t want your neighborhood to look like.”
So after a number of community meetings, neighbors began constructing a barrier to close off two blocks of their street, first with trash cans, then debris. For a while, a boat on a trailer protected one intersection. Eventually, a nearby iron maker constructed a permanent gate. Police gave their approval as long as emergency responders could get through if requested by the neighborhood.
It goes on to say that men in the neighborhood “began an armed patrol, kicking out anyone who didn’t belong on the block after dark.”

Then the meek shall inherit the earth.

Pajamaboy_2.jpg

^ thinks... ... that someone is proposing eliminating police? :cukoo:

When someone repeatedly says, "Defund The Police", for what, precisely, are they advocating? What does it mean to "defund" the police?

To 'defund' means to "prevent from continuing to receive funds". No longer continuing to receive funds means that police departments can't pay officers or purchase police equipment.

Since police won't work very long (or particularly well) for free, I can only assume they are advocating for the disillusionment of police departments across the country.

If they aren't advocating that, then they need to re-word their slogans or add a few paragraphs of boiler plate explanation as to their ultimate goal.

The cops are not only there to protect us from the criminals, they are there to protect the criminals from us.

^ thinks... ... that someone is proposing eliminating police? :cukoo:

One of the bigger slogans of the current agitators is "ACAB" i.e. "All cops are Bastards"

Kind of shows they want the police gone.

The new police, which will be the equivalent of the gestapo.

That's how it works.

This is the playbook. The only good news is white leftists (most of them) will be the first to be hauled off when they find out their ideas of marxism is completely false.

When someone repeatedly says, "Defund The Police", for what, precisely, are they advocating? What does it mean to "defund" the police?

To 'defund' means to "prevent from continuing to receive funds". No longer continuing to receive funds means that police departments can't pay officers or purchase police equipment.

Since police won't work very long (or particularly well) for free, I can only assume they are advocating for the disillusionment of police departments across the country.

If they aren't advocating that, then they need to re-word their slogans or add a few paragraphs of boiler plate explanation as to their ultimate goal.

I don't hear that at all, except for the most extreme radicals, most of who are rabble rousers anyways.

Defund is just the prefix "de", meaning to remove, some or all, to degrade, and "depart from". It doesn't have to be a full removal by definition, nor should it be.

I've actually argued in Canada that we should decrease starting salaries of cops and hire MORE uniformed officers, while still saving money due to salary decreases. A win/win. I also believe there has to be a cap and no more expansion of salaries that see plain clothed cops (the bane of our existence) with a year of college making $150k+ pension, gold plated benefits.

The plain clothed apparatus has so much damage to our reputation and economy, on top of them operating like Stasi wannabes without any accountability. Of course we need police, we also have budget restraints and vital other needs which are being neglected.

I think we spent $1.2Billion on police in Toronto and 1.7 MILLION on community programs designed to keep kids stay out of criminal activity. That's so backwards and with a cruel, creepy motivation in my opinion that it's a crime in itself and taxpayers to operate that way. Precisely who gains from that? It sure as hell isn't our safety.

the people who are demanding "defunding of the police" have personal plans for the money recovered
from that "defunding"

we just need to reform the police. They need to be better trained on the art of de escalation.

Just send the ticket to my home.

I like this one. If someone is angry they got a ticket the cop should say they will think about it and mail a determination. Then the person just has to hope the cop is cool. But don’t make the cop have to be the bad guy and give a ticket.

Especially when we know speeding tickets is a racket to make money. Cops suck. Let’s stop making cops be ticket givers. Does anyone like getting a ticket for some bullshit?

I don't hear that at all, except for the most extreme radicals, most of who are rabble rousers anyways.

Defund is just the prefix "de", meaning to remove, some or all, to degrade, and "depart from". It doesn't have to be a full removal by definition, nor should it be.

I've actually argued in Canada that we should decrease starting salaries of cops and hire MORE uniformed officers, while still saving money due to salary decreases. A win/win. I also believe there has to be a cap and no more expansion of salaries that see plain clothed cops (the bane of our existence) with a year of college making $150k+ pension, gold plated benefits.

The plain clothed apparatus has so much damage to our reputation and economy, on top of them operating like Stasi wannabes without any accountability. Of course we need police, we also have budget restraints and vital other needs which are being neglected.

I think we spent $1.2Billion on police in Torotno and 1.7 MILLION on community programs designed to keep kids out of criminal activity. That's so backwards in my opinion that it's a crime in itself.

De -- a Latin prefix -- can be used to indicate removal, separation, negation, reversal, or descent (as in 'degrade').

If the meaning in this case is to Degrade Police Funding, then I'd really like to hear the specifics of where they want to trim police budgets. If they want to trim the often exorbitant salaries of metropolitan police leadership, I might actually carry that sign as well.

As for the idea, "we should decrease starting salaries of cops and hire MORE uniformed officers", well... if the goal is to improve the customer experience of people interacting with police, I'm not sure following the McDonald's, Walmart, outsourced call center model of lots of cheap labor is a good thing.

I don't know about Canada, but police in the US, for the most part, aren't particularly well paid. I'm sure you may have noticed the quality of uniformed DHS personnel in our airports. I'm not sure paying armed police minimum wage is going to illicit the improvements people seek.

Just send the ticket to my home.

Here's the thing with signing the ticket. When police issue a ticket, that ticket is only for the purposes of bringing you to court. It is a promise on your part to either pay the fine or attend court where you can plead your case.

Just sending the ticket to your home without a signature elicits no promise on your part.

Tbh , I can do without the "police" around here. They are literally useless to me.
At this point in time, that is my opinion.
They harass me, but don't even try to catch criminals.
As I said: Useless.
A decade ago it was different.
That's my opinion right now.

Forum List

Back