When is a person a person & Bookkeeping

JoeMoma

Platinum Member
Nov 22, 2014
One question that is highly debated as a part of the controversial issue of abortion is when does a human organism become a ā€œpersonā€.

I personally believe a new person comes into existence at the point of conception. When the sperm from the male and the egg from the female meet and form that new organism with its own unique DNA, we have a person at the very first stage of life. The science makes sense to me.

From an accounting standpoint, conception is not a good event to document the existence of a new person. We donā€™t know the exact moment or the exact day that most people are conceived. Over most of human history, it could take weeks or even months for a woman to be certain that she is even pregnant. Even today in some extremely rare cases, some women (girls) donā€™t realize they are pregnant until itā€™s time to give birth. It is usually quite obvious when a slim woman becomes several months pregnant, not so much for a woman that was very large anyway.

It has only become possible in recent years for parents to know the sex of their children before birth. Though out most of human history, ā€œItā€™s a boy or itā€™s a girlā€ was announced at birth.

From an accounting standpoint, the birth of a baby is an easy event to document and record. That event is what society uses to trigger the documentation of a new person or citizen. People donā€™t get a conception certificate, a first sonogram certificate, or a viable outside of the womb certificate ā€“ when born they receive a birth certificate.

I personally still believe that conception is the beginning of live for a new individual person, but I also understand why birth is the point officially recognized by society and the government. Any time/event before birth would be a nightmare to book keep.

Sorry, kids. . . as a matter of convenience, you aint peeple until we grownups are comfortably ready to document your sorry azzed existence.

I personally believe a new person comes into existence at the point of conception. When the sperm from the male and the egg from the female meet and form that new organism with its own unique DNA, we have a person at the very first stage of life. The science makes sense to me.
I second this.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back