When I first truly realized that God exists.......

Some of our fellow posters here love to rant about the Laws of Moses. Can you imagine what they'll say when we let them know believers are no longer under the Law?

Romans 6:14
For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
That is a part of the problem with the more excitable Christians. They insist the law doesn't apply to them. They can cite a history of amoral behavior and defend it with a snappy cut and paste verse.

There is definitely a strong link between people who believe fervently in their religions (to the point of railing against any and all who disagree) and an appalling lack of even the most rudimentary levels of reasoned thinking. Having read the Bible cover to cover, I'm not surprised at this interlocking phenomenon-- the Bible advocates ignorance, and religions based on the Bible historically have stood in the way of education and literacy. What better way to convince the populace, if not to keep them illiterate?

Wow....you really think I give "snappy" cut and pastes? That sounds like a compliment to me. Thanks. :)

I don't believe you have read the Bible from cover to cover, so you really shouldn't say something so obviously wrong. And if you have read it, you've wasted a lot of time, because you don't know the most rudimentary fact that believers are no longer under the Law. We are under GRACE. Grace means that Jesus paid the price for our sins and fulfilled the LAW for us. Therefore, we are saved by Grace alone and not by works of the Law. These are very rudimentary facts that you have no inkling even exists. Thanks for finally making it clear that you're a pretender.
Ugh that is disgusting and immoral. I am embarrassed for you just reading that.

Poor thing. You're so sensitive, and you obviously don't know the difference between moral and immoral behavior or thinking. Truly, the world is so messed up now-a-days that lots of people have lost their moral compass. So your confusion is not as rare as one would hope.

Some of our fellow posters here love to rant about the Laws of Moses. Can you imagine what they'll say when we let them know believers are no longer under the Law?

For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
That is a part of the problem with the more excitable Christians. They insist the law doesn't apply to them. They can cite a history of amoral behavior and defend it with a snappy cut and paste verse.

There is definitely a strong link between people who believe fervently in their religions (to the point of railing against any and all who disagree) and an appalling lack of even the most rudimentary levels of reasoned thinking. Having read the Bible cover to cover, I'm not surprised at this interlocking phenomenon-- the Bible advocates ignorance, and religions based on the Bible historically have stood in the way of education and literacy. What better way to convince the populace, if not to keep them illiterate?

Wow....you really think I give "snappy" cut and pastes? That sounds like a compliment to me. Thanks. :)

I don't believe you have read the Bible from cover to cover, so you really shouldn't say something so obviously wrong. And if you have read it, you've wasted a lot of time, because you don't know the most rudimentary fact that believers are no longer under the Law. We are under GRACE. Grace means that Jesus paid the price for our sins and fulfilled the LAW for us. Therefore, we are saved by Grace alone and not by works of the Law. These are very rudimentary facts that you have no inkling even exists. Thanks for finally making it clear that you're a pretender.

Poor thing. You're so sensitive, and you obviously don't know the difference between moral and immoral behavior or thinking. Truly, the world is so messed up now-a-days that lots of people have lost their moral compass. So your confusion is not as rare as one would hope.
Your philosophy is immoral. Your placeholder view of the only lives people will ever have is made so by your childish belief that it's possible to live forever. This has twisted your morality.

Not in my religion - we don't go to war. Like Gandhi, we strive to follow Jesus' teaching for us to love our enemies - Matthew 5:44.
Uh... good! Who is, "we"? Got a mouse in your pocket?
I do not always post that I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
Not in my religion -
I do not always post that I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
what exactly is your religion -

This happened in, of all places, in an English class I was taking in the fall/winter semester of 1980. It was an interesting class, and the professor was quite good. We read famous plays from a textbook designed for the class, then we wrote essays on each play. I was doing pretty well in the class, I had a solid B average going into the semester final. Well, the final was on Romeo and Juliet, and you had to write an essay on that play. And you were allowed to use the textbook or any notes you may have made to help with your essay. Well, we had known for a week what the final would be on, and I had come up with absolutely NO ideas for the essay. The good thing about the final is that we were allowed to use the whole 50-55 minutes of the class to write our essay. After staring at the textbook, my notes, and passages highlighted in yellow, for about 10 minutes, I STILL had no idea what I was going to write. I made an earnest prayer to God, asking for help. Moments after praying, and I'm NOT making this up, an electric current seemed to go through my body, and a CHANDELIER of light bulbs went off in my head! I looked at my highlighted passages, and suddenly I had an idea for my essay. It wasn't a GREAT idea, but it was an idea, nonetheless. I got a C+ for the essay. Our professor offered us something quite original, something I had never heard of before then, and never heard again in my later college classes. He offered us the choice of meeting with him, I believe later that day, and discuss how we could make our essays better, and get a higher grade. I, of course, took his offer, and he generously suggested HOW I could make my essay better. I re-wrote it and he upped my grade to B+. So, in parting, I KNOW some of the atheists that post on here will sneer at and debunk my experience. But that's OK, I don't take these people seriously anyway. There's my strange, wonderful, and TRUE story
of how I first truly realized that God exists.

I want to know what happened to Romeo and Juliet.
I dunno about them.Never paid much attention to them thar furrners. I DO know Jack and Jill went up da hill and Jill came down with an extra $20. Gotta love capitalism !

This happened in, of all places, in an English class I was taking in the fall/winter semester of 1980. It was an interesting class, and the professor was quite good. We read famous plays from a textbook designed for the class, then we wrote essays on each play. I was doing pretty well in the class, I had a solid B average going into the semester final. Well, the final was on Romeo and Juliet, and you had to write an essay on that play. And you were allowed to use the textbook or any notes you may have made to help with your essay. Well, we had known for a week what the final would be on, and I had come up with absolutely NO ideas for the essay. The good thing about the final is that we were allowed to use the whole 50-55 minutes of the class to write our essay. After staring at the textbook, my notes, and passages highlighted in yellow, for about 10 minutes, I STILL had no idea what I was going to write. I made an earnest prayer to God, asking for help. Moments after praying, and I'm NOT making this up, an electric current seemed to go through my body, and a CHANDELIER of light bulbs went off in my head! I looked at my highlighted passages, and suddenly I had an idea for my essay. It wasn't a GREAT idea, but it was an idea, nonetheless. I got a C+ for the essay. Our professor offered us something quite original, something I had never heard of before then, and never heard again in my later college classes. He offered us the choice of meeting with him, I believe later that day, and discuss how we could make our essays better, and get a higher grade. I, of course, took his offer, and he generously suggested HOW I could make my essay better. I re-wrote it and he upped my grade to B+. So, in parting, I KNOW some of the atheists that post on here will sneer at and debunk my experience. But that's OK, I don't take these people seriously anyway. There's my strange, wonderful, and TRUE story

I dunno about them.Never paid much attention to them thar furrners. I DO know Jack and Jill went up da hill and Jill came down with an extra $20. Gotta love capitalism !

Foreigners believe in love.:suck:

Yep, that Jill was one VERY sneaky little girl!

Yep, that Jill was one VERY sneaky little girl!
HMMMM They never stated her last name. Biden ?

what exactly is your religion -
He is a militant Jehovah's witness. ding taught me the true meaning of "militant", so i am practicing it.
He is a militant Jehovah's witness. @ding taught me the true meaning of "militant", so i am practicing it.

the militants are the one's who actually pretend not to be militant - disguised as mainstream to purposefully exaggerates their appeal, candy for a cavity.

Your philosophy is immoral. Your placeholder view of the only lives people will ever have is made so by your childish belief that it's possible to live forever. This has twisted your morality.
Then you were lying when you said you believe in God. Thanks for clearing that up.

Not different than you
Well, you sound like a fucking moron. And you just accused me of wanting to kill and harm people to force them to worship me like a God. This is because you will sink to any depth, when you have been embarrassed.

Forum List

Back