When GeorgeForeman put down Joe Frasier 6 times in 2 rounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Foreman hadn't been such a stupe - would haved defeated Ali

CLAY/Ali neverhad a freaking punch

If Foreman hadn't been such a stupe - would haved defeated Ali

CLAY/Ali neverhad a freaking punch

Joe Montana ran like a wounded goose......on acid.

There is more to boxing than a knockout punch.

Do you see the point?

Then -after Foreman - Ali struggles against the likes of Spinks...................................

Then -after Foreman - Ali struggles against the likes of Spinks...................................

..........................four years later at the age of 36 when Spinks was 25 and at his peak.

Ali was the greatest heavyweight BOXER ever.

E V E R.

Anyone who argues otherwise simply doesn't understand the game, or can't get past the personality.

If Clay "/Ali wasso great -why couldnt he defeatFrazier in 3 bouts - while Foreman knoknedSmokin Joe senseless???????????

If Clay "/Ali wasso great -why couldnt he defeatFrazier in 3 bouts - while Foreman knoknedSmokin Joe senseless???????????

Does the expression "styles makes fights" mean anything to you?

And his record against Joe was 2-1 ... and he stopped him in Manilla.

Last edited:
"I'll fight that fool in a telephone booth!" Is what Ali said when asked if the ring being a little smaller than regulation would be an advantage for Foreman.

Speed? Check.
Cat-like quickness? (Different than speed) Check.
Ring savvy? Check.
Endurance? Check.
Marketing? Check.
Knock your damned head off when ready? Check.

Ali, hands down.

"I'll fight that fool in a telephone booth!" Is what Ali said when asked if the ring being a little smaller than regulation would be an advantage for Foreman.

Speed? Check.
Cat-like quickness? (Different than speed) Check.
Ring savvy? Check.
Endurance? Check.
Marketing? Check.
Knock your damned head off when ready? Check.

Ali, hands down.

Foreman was like a bully who gets punched in the nose for the first time. Like Tyson, once his invincibility was stripped away, he was just an average fighter

E V E R.

Anyone who argues otherwise simply doesn't understand the game, or can't get past the personality.

Ali brought just enough to the bout to win. He was often boring, clutching, pawing, clowning. When the round was coming to an end, he would throw a flurry of punches to take the round.

They said Liston would kill him....he humiliated Liston
They said Foreman would kill him....Ali played with him and knocked him out

Throw in real wars against Frazier and Ken Norton and you have a resume no other Heavyweight could match. Who did Dempsey defeat? Who did Louis defeat? Who did Marciano defeat?

E V E R.

Ali brought just enough to the bout to win. He was often boring, clutching, pawing, clowning. When the round was coming to an end, he would throw a flurry of punches to take the round.

They said Liston would kill him....he humiliated Liston
They said Foreman would kill him....Ali played with him and knocked him out

Throw in real wars against Frazier and Ken Norton and you have a resume no other Heavyweight could match. Who did Dempsey defeat? Who did Louis defeat? Who did Marciano defeat?
Joe Louis.

Even Ali admitted as much beforethe Foreman fight: George knocked him out - i couln't.

Know I am going to AMAZE the whole world.

Nobody believed him. I though Foreman would murder him.

Got to admire the guys chutzpah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back