When a country abandons God. God then abandons the country.

And yet given world history Christian have proven to be the most sadist tormenters to date..ask any witch..so peddle your bullshit elsewhere

Religion + power from the state = oppression (Old Catholic church and current Islamic fundamentalism)

Atheism + power from the state = oppression (Stalin, Moa, Pol Pot, etc)

Notice the common denominator?

Of course not. You are too dense.

The state has murdered and placed in slavery more people than any other institution. It's not even close.

Christ warned that his kingdom was not of this world, yet the Catholic church tried just that with horrible results.

There were Jewish kids in my class, and the Our Father does not exist in the Jewish faith.
While the Lord's Prayer is considered Christian, it was given to us by a Jew, and there is not one thing in it that goes against what Judaism teaches. It is a summary of some of what Judaism teaches.

There were Jewish kids in my class, and the Our Father does not exist in the Jewish faith.
While the Lord's Prayer is considered Christian, it was given to us by a Jew, and there is not one thing in it that goes against what Judaism teaches. It is a summary of some of what Judaism teaches.
minor consideration to the constitutional objective to maintain the public educational forum separate from religious superstitions.

It may, but it is not used in Judaism, which is an entirely separate religion from Christianity, although Christianity borrowed heavily from it. Public schools should be neutral. It is the parents' right, and role, to pass on their religious traditions to their children, and schools should not interfere.

It may, but it is not used in Judaism, which is an entirely separate religion from Christianity, although Christianity borrowed heavily from it. Public schools should be neutral. It is the parents' right, and role, to pass on their religious traditions to their children, and schools should not interfere.
Should parents also have the right and play the role of how history is to be taught to their children?

The Bible sez you'll be over run by strangers...so go figure

America has always had immigrants... Irish, Dutch, Poles, Italians, Greeks, Spaniard, Puerto Ricans, British, Chinese, Japanese, Koreans.. Are YOU American Indian?

Should parents also have the right and play the role of how history is to be taught to their children?

Why?

They can certainly teach their version of history even if they have NO education.. and they can teach religion and take their kids to Sunday School and Church or not.

It can never be said that a country "abandons God," since a belief in a Supreme Being is held by individuals and the only thing that can be said is that lots of people in a given country, even a majority, believe in a Supreme Being. In the U.S. The plethora of religious groups and houses of worship shows that a goodly amount of Americans believe in a Supreme Being, although they act on this belief in different ways and have different supplemental beliefs.
Like when they claim that God is not in schools..How do you stop an omnipresent being from not being somewhere when they want to?

I went to an oil company school and not all the kids were American.. Some were European and some were Arabs. We said the Pledge of Allegiance every morning and at the beginning of Assemblies. The kids who weren't US citizens just stood quietly until we finished.

Why?

They can certainly teach their version of history even if they have NO education.. and they can teach religion and take their kids to Sunday School and Church or not.
The point is that very few people have time to truly study and understand the history, culture, and language(s) of their chosen faith. We send children to school to be taught by those who have more in depth knowledge in a particular field. We do not settle for one day of teaching in any other subject matter.

Why?

The point is that very few people have time to truly study and understand the history, culture, and language(s) of their chosen faith. We send children to school to be taught by those who have more in depth knowledge in a particular field. We do not settle for one day of teaching in any other subject matter.

You gona teach Catholicism or Hinduism or Islam or maybe the Scofield Heresy and the rapture?

Hello everyone I'm new here and I'm interested in civilized discourse about our great nation
I do believe you are wrong about the great country/nation. As for belief in me it makes no difference as most of the christians are suedo christians.
Since it’s not a great country, let’s make illegal immigration an exchange program. You leave first.
You don’t understand Christianity.
Christianity is believing in a ideology that is a fairytale.

Christianity is believing in a ideology that is a fairytale.
Definition of ideology: a system of ideas and ideals, especially one which forms the basis of economic or political theory and policy.

About time we noted that our politics and economy are one big fairy tale. :)

It can never be said that a country "abandons God," since a belief in a Supreme Being is held by individuals and the only thing that can be said is that lots of people in a given country, even a majority, believe in a Supreme Being. In the U.S. The plethora of religious groups and houses of worship shows that a goodly amount of Americans believe in a Supreme Being, although they act on this belief in different ways and have different supplemental beliefs.

The holly spirit transcends everything so the country too believes in Christ not only the individuals.
Only an individual person can believe. Then there is the question of believes in what? There is way more than one religion. Which religion? Which spokesperson? People like graham and jeffress purport to speak for the Christian Supreme Being, but they are just human beings who know nothing, which they have shown by making shambles out of the entire Christian faith.

Unfortunately there is no such thing as an individual person when we look at things from the spiritual point of view. It is possible that a spirit takes control of an individual person. But usually spirits take control over arrays of individual persons to progress a spiritual task. The individuals are not aware of what part they are executing in that task or even that they are executing anything. Christ made this clear many times in the Gospels. So states and churches and all kinds of organizations do believe as a unit. Human functioning is only partial.

Last edited:
Simple. By teaching the kids that God is the devil and that the devil is God. Done often enough

But nobody does this. These subjects are not discussed in public schools because the parents have the right to raise their children according to the parents' faith.

As I said on another thread, I started school before the school-prayer decision. Each morning the teacher led us in the Lord's Prayer (protestant version). There were Jewish kids in my class, and the Our Father does not exist in the Jewish faith.

It is not true that nobody teaches children that God is the devil and the devil is God. It may not be an open and published religion like many, but it is done frequently, minimum 10 % of the time. Not all religions of the world prefer themselves to be exposed. Christ talked about these too, at length.

Forum List

Back