What's Your BEST or FAVORITE Dish?

I saw cauliflower rice in the frozen section at the grocery store. I wonder what that is like? Rice made from cauliflower? Can you use it like rice or would it taste weird?
I am sure you must reconstitute it but it maybe mushy. I've never tried it...

I saw cauliflower rice in the frozen section at the grocery store. I wonder what that is like? Rice made from cauliflower? Can you use it like rice or would it taste weird?

I know. How could it not be mushy? I don't get it.
It's for starch leery people, like the mashed taters made from cauliflower...

That is not mashed potatoes. That is mashed cauliflower. Lol.

I know but they advertise it as such....

They tell themselves, as they are eating it, it is potatoes, it is potatoes. :lol:

I like mashed potatoes, mashed sweet potatoes as well...but mashed cauliflower with salt/pepper/nutmeg and butter is a nice change of pace. But again, the cauliflower needs to be in season or it is fairly tasteless.

I like mashed potatoes, mashed sweet potatoes as well...but mashed cauliflower with salt/pepper/nutmeg and butter is a nice change of pace. But again, the cauliflower needs to be in season or it is fairly tasteless.
I eat it right after harvesting it without anything and like it best that way...

I really like starchy foods, potatoes, rice, most breads, pasta - I like it all. For me, there is nothing that can replace a potato. I know the difference between potatoes and cauliflower. :D

I feel like venting... why do Americans take fantastic dishes and ruin them? Basically "lazifying" them?
Take Lasagna...Lasagna is a special dish, it is a lot of work, takes hours to prepare but feeds an army.
Lasagna with a bolognese base and bechamel sauce is like sex on a plate.
And then there is the Americanized version... ground beef, bottle spaghetti sauce and cottage cheese...which taste okay...it isn't objectionable...but is a very poor representation of the real thing.

(steps down from soap box)

I can't forget about my twice baked potatoes. Those are sooooo good. I take potatoes and I bake the at 400 degrees F for about 30 minutes. I then prick them with a fork several times and bake them for another 30 minutes. Meanwhile, I cook up about 3 or 4 slices of bacon. I take the potatoes out and cut them in half length wise. I scoop out the potato from the shell into a bowl. I mix in about 1/4 - 1/2 cup of sour cream (depending on how much potato I have). I add a pinch of nutmeg, some salt, some pepper (freshly ground OF COURSE), some minced scallions, some cheddar cheese and I crumble up the bacon and add that. I mix it all together and fill the potato shells, top them with some more grated cheddar. Bake them at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes or until the cheese is melty and delicious. :2up: Potatoes are one of my favorite foods. Food of the Gods surely.
Sounds yummy (except the minced scallions for me).

You don't like scallions? :eek: That is horrifying!
I don't like onions.

I narrow it down to two Indian dishes (since I'm originally from India):

Shrimp Coconut Curry and Egg-Curry

(both with rice-pilaf)

I feel like venting... why do Americans take fantastic dishes and ruin them? Basically "lazifying" them?
Take Lasagna...Lasagna is a special dish, it is a lot of work, takes hours to prepare but feeds an army.
And then there is the Americanized version... ground beef, bottle spaghetti sauce and cottage cheese...which taste okay...it isn't objectionable...but is a very poor representation of the real thing.

Have not prepared or eaten lasagna with béchamel sauce - but it is now on my list of things to try!

My three favorite best dishes - Moussaka, Paella and deviled crab rolls (croquettes)...oh, and gumbo, that makes four. :)

I use my own homemade spaghetti sauce (actually my grandfather's). I use a combination of cheeses, ricotta, mozarella and parmigiano reggiano. I add ground Italian sausage to mine. I make kick ass lasagna!

I've never heard of anyone using cottage cheese. Sounds lame.

Baba Ghanoush

he Ukrainian immigrant, who lives in Russia and shits on Russia. Mom paid you for the Internet?

image%3A26816.png

image%3A26810.png

Forum List

Back