What's Your BEST or FAVORITE Dish?

At the risk of sounding immodest (and to paraphrase Ava Gardner):

I'm a swingin' cook.

I have quite a few specialities ranging from simple everyday to fancy fare:

Everyday:
- Rotisserie chicken
- Salmon patties
- Cal-Mex chicken filling (can be used for lots of dishes)
- Meat sauce (again, can be used for spaghetti, lasagna...)
- Chile
- Chile rub flank steak (grilled)
- Sloppy Joes (mr. boe's fav)
- And a variety of homemade soups

Fancy:
- Sauteed filet mignon (from the compete meat cookbook)
- Fish a la banana (actually filet of sole west indies from the jr. league cookbook)
- Braised Short Ribs
- Oso Bucco
- Chicken Tettrazini

I also am a pretty adept baker - savory and desserts.

When I have some time, I'll post a few recipes if requested.

Mah pressure cooker! It's like the Crock Pot that gets 'er done in 1 hr.

The crock pot is for people who don't really know how to cook! :D

The pressure cooker is the bomb! (pun intended)

Seriously though, the time before last that I made Spanish Bean Soup, I had to cook it for 2 1/2 days.

Last time was 3 hours max and done.

I'm just kidding. I have one, but I hardly ever use it because I like interactive cooking much better. I like to play with my food! I only use the crock pot if I don't have the time or going to be out or something.

I think the crock pot cooks things for too long and cooks all the flavor out of your sauces (or some sauces anyways). I've made some killer sauces that come out kind of bland in the crock pot. However, my mother uses it to make spaghetti sauce and it comes out great.

I just prefer chicken in sauces rather than fried. I make chicken thighs with a sweet and spicy sauce that are awesome and baked in the oven so a lot healthier too, and I love sticky chicken wings. I prefer that type of chicken to fried chicken.

Definitely.
Try this one...Mario Batali's amped up version of Chicken Saltimbocca...awesome. It is still very good without the cauliflower fondue if you don't want to mess with that. But even better with it, but the cauliflower needs to be market fresh. Grocery store cauliflower is very-very hit/miss.

I just prefer chicken in sauces rather than fried. I make chicken thighs with a sweet and spicy sauce that are awesome and baked in the oven so a lot healthier too, and I love sticky chicken wings. I prefer that type of chicken to fried chicken.

Definitely.
Try this one...Mario Batali's amped up version of Chicken Saltimbocca...awesome. It is still very good without the cauliflower fondue if you don't want to mess with that. But even better with it, but the cauliflower needs to be market fresh. Grocery store cauliflower is very-very hit/miss.

So it's a summer/Spring dish...

At the risk of sounding immodest (and to paraphrase Ava Gardner):

I'm a swingin' cook.

I have quite a few specialities ranging from simple everyday to fancy fare:

Everyday:
- Rotisserie chicken
- Salmon patties
- Cal-Mex chicken filling (can be used for lots of dishes)
- Meat sauce (again, can be used for spaghetti, lasagna...)
- Chile
- Chile rub flank steak (grilled)
- Sloppy Joes (mr. boe's fav)
- And a variety of homemade soups

Fancy:
- Sauteed filet mignon (from the compete meat cookbook)
- Fish a la banana (actually filet of sole west indies from the jr. league cookbook)
- Braised Short Ribs
- Oso Bucco
- Chicken Tettrazini

I also am a pretty adept baker - savory and desserts.

When I have some time, I'll post a few recipes if requested.
I've not had salmon patties in ages..My Ma used to make them a lot...

Definitely.

Sounds good. I would rather just have my cauliflower whole with butter, salt and pepper though! I like my veg simple. Steamed with butter, salt and pepper.

Forum List

Back