What's Your BEST or FAVORITE Dish?

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
What's the BEST dish you can cook?
If you can't cook, what is your favorite dish that has been cooked for you?

Mine is iamwhatiseem 's lasagna, but he has found some very delicious new ones too recently!

My best...hmmm...I don't know. My Lasagna is up there.
My open faced Ragu would be a contender... one of the newer ones I took from Batali is Spaghetti Amatriciano is the bomb...man that stuff is good.

I like lots of different meals. I can't choose just one! I make awesome chicken scampi (my son's favorite dish). I love cooking meals, but I'm not much of a baker. I love apple pie though and I make that all the time, though I cheat and use a Pillsbury crust that I just unroll and place in a pie pan and trim. Works for me! :D

For lunch, I like to make pasta with some butter, garlic and some broccoli (a pinch of salt and pepper too). I usually go with penne for the pasta. It is simple, quick and delicious and the broccoli is good for you too. :D

That I can cook? Steak on my George forman grill and a microwave bake potato.

When I make roast beef, I put little slits in it and I slice up garlic and put it in the little slits and then I season the outside with garlic salt and pepper - that is it. I like to just lie it in a pan and I put a little bit of water on the bottom of the pan. I check it periodically and add water so that there is like an 1/8 of an inch of water on the bottom of the pan. The roast gets steamed on the inside that way and is very tender and juicy and I use the water and fat drippings for my gravy.

I can't forget about my twice baked potatoes. Those are sooooo good. I take potatoes and I bake the at 400 degrees F for about 30 minutes. I then prick them with a fork several times and bake them for another 30 minutes. Meanwhile, I cook up about 3 or 4 slices of bacon. I take the potatoes out and cut them in half length wise. I scoop out the potato from the shell into a bowl. I mix in about 1/4 - 1/2 cup of sour cream (depending on how much potato I have). I add a pinch of nutmeg, some salt, some pepper (freshly ground OF COURSE), some minced scallions, some cheddar cheese and I crumble up the bacon and add that. I mix it all together and fill the potato shells, top them with some more grated cheddar. Bake them at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes or until the cheese is melty and delicious. :2up: Potatoes are one of my favorite foods. Food of the Gods surely.

I can't forget about my twice baked potatoes. Those are sooooo good. I take potatoes and I bake the at 400 degrees F for about 30 minutes. I then prick them with a fork several times and bake them for another 30 minutes. Meanwhile, I cook up about 3 or 4 slices of bacon. I take the potatoes out and cut them in half length wise. I scoop out the potato from the shell into a bowl. I mix in about 1/4 - 1/2 cup of sour cream (depending on how much potato I have). I add a pinch of nutmeg, some salt, some pepper (freshly ground OF COURSE), some minced scallions, some cheddar cheese and I crumble up the bacon and add that. I mix it all together and fill the potato shells, top them with some more grated cheddar. Bake them at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes or until the cheese is melty and delicious. :2up: Potatoes are one of my favorite foods. Food of the Gods surely.
Sounds yummy (except the minced scallions for me).

My go to cook to impress meals are usually 3 courses

The ultimate is

Seared pistachio crusted scallops with a pea and mint puree

home made seafood sausages served with a lemon burre blanc and home made spinach or basil pasta

chocolate lava cakes with salted caramel and home made ice cream

That I can cook? Steak on my George forman grill and a microwave bake potato.

Just try and bake the potato in the oven once....just try it...way-way better than microwave. It crisps the skin and makes the potato a little drier as well, which is a good thing.

My go to cook to impress meals are usually 3 courses

The ultimate is

Seared pistachio crusted scallops with a pea and mint puree

home made seafood sausages served with a lemon burre blanc and home made spinach or basil pasta

chocolate lava cakes with salted caramel and home made ice cream

Scallops are wonderful, pistachio crusted sounds awesome, should accentuate the sweetness of the scallop. Have to try that. I can't get Bonzi to eat them, doesn't like the texture...hmm...wondering if crusting them would help that.

I like freshly caught broiled lobster.

Either west coast spiny or east coast with claws is fine -- they both taste the same.

This is my #1.

Crab legs would be 2nd.

Giant prawns 3rd.

Forum List

Back