What's Your BEST or FAVORITE Dish?

My go to cook to impress meals are usually 3 courses

The ultimate is

Seared pistachio crusted scallops with a pea and mint puree

home made seafood sausages served with a lemon burre blanc and home made spinach or basil pasta

chocolate lava cakes with salted caramel and home made ice cream
Scallops are good too -- my 4th.

That I can cook? Steak on my George forman grill and a microwave bake potato.
I tend to broil big 3 to 5 lb steaks and then have some of it -- about 1/2 lb -- and chill the rest for later when it becomes chunky beef vegie soup or quick beef stew. I will then also dice some of the cooked chilled beef for roast beef and mayo and onion sandwiches -- which is my favorite lunch.

That I can cook? Steak on my George forman grill and a microwave bake potato.
I tend to broil big 3 to 5 lb steaks and then have some of it -- about 1/2 lb -- and chill the rest for later when it becomes chunky beef vegie soup or quick beef stew. I will then also dice some of the cooked chilled beef for roast beef and mayo and onion sandwiches -- which is my favorite lunch.

See I can't cook worth a damn, just to lazy...always had mom, two wife's live in girlfriends, next door neighbors bringing me a plate or just go out to eat...

I think the last thing I ever cooked anything I really liked it was when I was in home economics in high school...

What's the BEST dish you can cook?
If you can't cook, what is your favorite dish that has been cooked for you?

Mine is iamwhatiseem 's lasagna, but he has found some very delicious new ones too recently!
I can cook and I cook well. But..MrG makes a mean scallop dinner when he wants to.
And..when neither of us want to cook...barbque babyback ribs is my go to meal. YUM.

My go to cook to impress meals are usually 3 courses

The ultimate is

Seared pistachio crusted scallops with a pea and mint puree

home made seafood sausages served with a lemon burre blanc and home made spinach or basil pasta

chocolate lava cakes with salted caramel and home made ice cream

Scallops are wonderful, pistachio crusted sounds awesome, should accentuate the sweetness of the scallop. Have to try that. I can't get Bonzi to eat them, doesn't like the texture...hmm...wondering if crusting them would help that.
Toast the pistachios in a dry pan or in the oven for a bit to enhance the crunch

I can't forget about my twice baked potatoes. Those are sooooo good. I take potatoes and I bake the at 400 degrees F for about 30 minutes. I then prick them with a fork several times and bake them for another 30 minutes. Meanwhile, I cook up about 3 or 4 slices of bacon. I take the potatoes out and cut them in half length wise. I scoop out the potato from the shell into a bowl. I mix in about 1/4 - 1/2 cup of sour cream (depending on how much potato I have). I add a pinch of nutmeg, some salt, some pepper (freshly ground OF COURSE), some minced scallions, some cheddar cheese and I crumble up the bacon and add that. I mix it all together and fill the potato shells, top them with some more grated cheddar. Bake them at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes or until the cheese is melty and delicious. :2up: Potatoes are one of my favorite foods. Food of the Gods surely.
Sounds yummy (except the minced scallions for me).

You don't like scallions? :eek: That is horrifying!

I am the type of person who prefers a saucy chicken to a fried chicken. I like sauces and gravies. I'm not a big fan of crunchy chicken, TBH. I know, I'm weird. :D

By crunchy chicken if you are referring to chicken with batter, fried...yeah I don't like that so much either.
Never really did.

Spanish bean soup or Chili (with beans).

The soup requires 3 diff kinds of meat. For my chili: 2.

I am the type of person who prefers a saucy chicken to a fried chicken. I like sauces and gravies. I'm not a big fan of crunchy chicken, TBH. I know, I'm weird. :D

By crunchy chicken if you are referring to chicken with batter, fried...yeah I don't like that so much either.
Never really did.

I probably should have said "fried" chicken. :lol:

Never really did.

Fried chicken is just greasy. If you brine the chicken, and don't overcook it, it will be plenty juicy...but the juice won't be grease.

Never really did.

Fried chicken is just greasy. If you brine the chicken, and don't overcook it, it will be plenty juicy...but the juice won't be grease.

I just prefer chicken in sauces rather than fried. I make chicken thighs with a sweet and spicy sauce that are awesome and baked in the oven so a lot healthier too, and I love sticky chicken wings. I prefer that type of chicken to fried chicken.

I usually do chicken and dumplings, smothered steak, with mushroom or beefy onion...pizza boats.....fried taters and corn pone..

Forum List

Back