What's really dragging down the Postal Service ...the GW Bush Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act of 2006.

trump did not put him in charge.....the president does not do that....
Postmaster General Louis DeJoy was subpoenaed Wednesday for records that House Democrats say could illuminate causes of widespread mail delays as well as what led him to propose agency cutbacks.

Congresswoman Carolyn Maloney broadcast her plans to subpoena DeJoy late last month after going head to head with DeJoy at a hearing of the House Oversight Committee, which she chairs. A major Republican Party donor who worked in the private logistics sector prior to the 2016 election, DeJoy was installed at the U.S. Postal Service this past spring by President Donald Trump and quickly adopted a series of operational changes that slowed down mail at a time when voters across the country are using absentee ballots to avoid unnecessary public exposure during the coronavirus pandemic.

They let private companies skim off the easy profitable stuff without them having to share the costs of home delivery of letters. A lot of small home businesses and charities rely on the Postal Service, and it needs to be kept; it was never intended to be a private for profit corporation. People are much more likely to see ads in their mail than they are in email or an the innernetz, which is why most local stores use them, even the big national chain outlets.

1. their pension plan
2. I throw away 90% of my mail--especially the shit they deliver on Saturdays --no need to deliver on Saturdays

Seems a pretty outdated system.
Not necessarily; it's actually trying (among other things) to prevent people from shipping to old/wrong/dead addresses, but sometimes hiccups if the address is too new, infrequently used, etc.

Not necessarily; it's actually trying (among other things) to prevent people from shipping to old/wrong/dead addresses, but sometimes hiccups if the address is too new, infrequently used, etc.

If it's site specific it's outdated.

If it's site specific it's outdated.
I'm actually not sure to what extent it is, but the intent is positive; newer and more rural addresses, or situatons where a street name shifts/changes can be an issue, as can incorporations & so forth.

UPS may not put these same safeguards in place, so appears more streamlined, but may be more careless.

I'm actually not sure to what extent it is, but the intent is positive; newer and more rural addresses, or situatons where a street name shifts/changes can be an issue, as can incorporations & so forth.

UPS may not put these same safeguards in place, so appears more streamlined, but may be more careless.

The package arrived just fine.

That's great, and I'm sure it would have arrived just fine via USPS as well.

That USPS may use safeguards that UPS doesn't is a plus, not a minus.

They wanted me to acknowledge a bogus address. Not a great system.

They wanted me to acknowledge a bogus address.
No; for some reason this address was coming up in their system.

You could have simply said it was incorrect and the one you listed on the label the one to use; you would have been fine.

The other address coming up may, in fact, be an alternate or old name for the street, or an extension thereof.

This happens; did you say it was Vegas?

A huge amount of recent incorporation and street name changes have occurred there with the housing boom/s.
Not a great system.
I'd say it's a fantastic system.

That the USPS likely showed greater care than UPS is a huge plus.

PKnopp has reacted with a "Disagree" to my post above.

But in fact he went to greater trouble and expense because he didn't trust the USPS.

This mistrust was without rational basis.

PKnopp has reacted with a "Disagree" to my post above.

But in fact he went to greater trouble and expense because he didn't trust the USPS.

This mistrust was without rational basis.

No one signs off saying an incorrect address was a correct address.

Seems a pretty outdated system.
im sure it is.....back in the 90's when scanning packages was the newest thing.....by the time UPS and Fed-X were on their 3rd generation scanners the PO was just getting them for the first time.....all because of Congress....

Postmaster General Louis DeJoy was subpoenaed Wednesday for records that House Democrats say could illuminate causes of widespread mail delays as well as what led him to propose agency cutbacks.

Congresswoman Carolyn Maloney broadcast her plans to subpoena DeJoy late last month after going head to head with DeJoy at a hearing of the House Oversight Committee, which she chairs. A major Republican Party donor who worked in the private logistics sector prior to the 2016 election, DeJoy was installed at the U.S. Postal Service this past spring by President Donald Trump and quickly adopted a series of operational changes that slowed down mail at a time when voters across the country are using absentee ballots to avoid unnecessary public exposure during the coronavirus pandemic.
did trump tell you he put him in charge?.....is that it?......the President does not appoint the PMG ....the Board Of Governors do that.....if that were true dont you think biden would have shit canned him by now?......

They let private companies skim off the easy profitable stuff without them having to share the costs of home delivery of letters. A lot of small home businesses and charities rely on the Postal Service, and it needs to be kept; it was never intended to be a private for profit corporation. People are much more likely to see ads in their mail than they are in email or an the innernetz, which is why most local stores use them, even the big national chain outlets.
i had delivered to an ad co....the guy there told me right now, the mail is the best way to advertise to reach the maximum amount of people .....he said you can change the radio station,turn the TV station.....but most people look at their mail to see whats in the pile and something just might catch their eye...

Forum List

Back