What's for dinner tonight?

Carnitas, home made salsa, a poblano/mushroom dip, re-fried beans, and probably a dessert of some sort.

Made French Toast last night. Got this premium double fiber bread, 3 eggs, cinnamon, butter, maple syrup. Was great.

Got chicken breasts thawing now for lunch. Baked paprika chicken with egg-free noodles (can't taste diff between reg and egg-free so figure might as well save myself some cholesterol.)

To make:

Over to 550F or so (like meats well-done.)

In oven safe pan, sprinkle desired amounts of paprika, salt, pepper, onion and garlic salt.

Place thawed chicken breasts (tenders work but greatly reduced baking time)

Reseason as desired. Add cube of butter. Baked about 20 min, flip breasts over for another 10, flip back and cut length-wise to ensure thorough cooking and to allow insides to soak up seasoned butter. Like to do it until most of the liquid butter is evaporated/absorbed into the meat. Then cut up into bite-sized morsels so every piece absorbs some of the molten seasoned butter.

Boil noodles. Dump in pan now out of oven, mix up and let cool then eat.

Can keep the breasts intact if desired but I'm only ever cooking for myself. When done the paprika will blackened and be flaky. Super flavorfull.

New Year's Lasagna: Treating Myself

Now that it's close to New Year's Eve, I was thinking of festive ways to signal in the coming year of 2015, even if you don't have plans to go to a conspicuous party on the 31st.

Ya know, Olive Garden has become so popular in these last 20 years, I wanted to be inspired by its various offbeat takes on ravioli and lasagna.

For 31st eve, I might bake a personalized lasagna with truffle crumbs, Monterey Jack cheese, and ground veal.

There's no reason that lasagna can not be fun.

:banana:

Olive Garden Italian Restaurant Family Style Dining Italian Food

New Year's Lasagna: Treating Myself

Now that it's close to New Year's Eve, I was thinking of festive ways to signal in the coming year of 2015, even if you don't have plans to go to a conspicuous party on the 31st.

Ya know, Olive Garden has become so popular in these last 20 years, I wanted to be inspired by its various offbeat takes on ravioli and lasagna.

For 31st eve, I might bake a personalized lasagna with truffle crumbs, Monterey Jack cheese, and ground veal.

There's no reason that lasagna can not be fun.

:banana:

Olive Garden Italian Restaurant Family Style Dining Italian Food

Truffle crumbs? That's a mighty expensive meal. :D

I am so hungry

I could eat everything

I am hungry

feed me?

cordon bleu?

delicatessen?

feed me spoon by spoon

I want to eat good food

now !!!!!!!!!!!!

like I am invited for diner ...in a friend's house

so

cool..nice

smile and all that

so he says he is cooking for me

I am hungry

hurry

will ya'?

omg all these stupid niceties I have to tell him....

feed me please...ok??????????????????????

WTF

like I am invited for diner ...in a friend's house

so

cool..nice

smile and all that

so he says he is cooking for me

I am hungry

hurry

will ya'?

omg all these stupid niceties I have to tell him....

feed me please...ok??????????????????????

WTF

Come to my house and I'll cook you a dinner you will never forget. ;)

hehe

because friends make such a fuss
LOL

you know....

I don;t want to know how you prepared the food

I just want to eat it

LOL ..I am a brute I know ....but a nice brute hehe :biggrin:

what sort of food would you like me to prepare for you if you come to my home?

you tell me

I will do it for you

I like cooking

nobody wants to eat what i prepared?

you are so silly,.... :)

its yummy and its not burnt haahhaha I swear...

come here be happy its really delicious :)

what sort of food would you like me to prepare for you if you come to my home?

you tell me

I will do it for you

I like cooking

I'll tell you what.. You cook a Italian dish I I will bring a bottle of wine. Not the cheap crap, but a bottle, that you order like $1000 a bottle, and I'll get 2. We'll see how we like each other and how long we talk for and I'll be the gentleman and keep pouring the wine. :)

Italian dishes on dates mean romance. Gotta bring the wine. High quality wine. Sit with a nice blanket covered up in front of a fire place just talking and cuddling.

I am a romantic. What can I say? :)

ok

but $1000 a bottle is too much

here we have great wine so much cheaper...it's all good,,,

The best movie to watch after a date like this cuddled up with a special woman is Finding Neverland with Johnny Depp. You will both cry with her in your arms.

ok

but $1000 a bottle is too much

here we have great wine so much cheaper...it's all good,,,

No no no.. Skye.. I'm a millionaire, but I'm a conservative, but when it comes to woman I go all out. They deserve the best. You deserve the best. Don't EVER sell yourself short. :)

Forum List

Back