What Will Make the new House Speaker Mike Johnson a Success?

If so, it will be the other gop than the one that deposed McCarthy, which was pretty ironic given that the reasons the dems didn't save him was they didn't trust his sucking up to Trump
Sooner or later, Johnson will agree to fund the Government at which time, an outraged MAGA will try to force him out

Fuck off with your jerbroni silliness, tard.

Every post you make is fail, mental microbe.

I can't imagine typing a post out and then going back and selecting certain words to bold, which is seemingly not based on anything relevant. Anyone that would waste their time doing that doesn't have a life. :dunno:

Conversely, what will make him a failure?

In other words, what's expected of him? And in what time frame?

Clearly, this question is to the self-proclaimed Conservatives and other assorted far rightwingers of USMB.

Well, I sure hope his past history isn't indicative of his future history!

1698260865047.png

First rightwing response, that's afraid to answer the simple question.

Immediatley begin to reduce spending across the board. Do something about the J6 and Trump abuse in the rigged court system. Show the J6 videos as the home O had promised. Do something about stolen 2020 election. Corral and identify the "R" that are "D" and publish their acts / names contstantly until they can be un-electable. on and on. Use common sense. Tell the Truth.

No more funding for worthless causes like Ukraine. Eliminate funding to many entire GOVT departments immediatley. Like the corrupt/worthless FBI, DEPT of education, energy etc.

Begin to return power to the States. follow the Constitution only, not the marxist MSM.

Conversely, what will make him a failure?

In other words, what's expected of him? And in what time frame?

Clearly, this question is to the self-proclaimed Conservatives and other assorted far rightwingers of USMB.
Don't expect much. The GOP think they are in charge.

• Winner
Reactions: IM2
Clever about what exactly?

Setting these silly little traps. While I can't speak for everyone most are not a single issue voter. No one issue will sink Johnson and you are being an ass trying to trick someone into saying that, or this, or this one thing sinks speakership. Nobody in their right mind would judge anyone that way. To you the only "good" Pub Speaker is one that capitulates to your every whim.

Setting these silly little traps. While I can't speak for everyone most are not a single issue voter. No one issue will sink Johnson and you are being an ass trying to trick someone into saying that, or this, or this one thing sinks speakership. Nobody in their right mind would judge anyone that way. To you the only "good" Pub Speaker is one that capitulates to your every whim.
The poster stated that he's a one-item guy, so by his standard, that would make Johnson a failure. Wouldn't it?

As for what I want, I never stated that. Pure projection on your part.

This thread is dedicated to far rightwing posters like you. The floor is yours, communicate what you believe will make him a success, or a failure.

Marshmellow start: but it is almost anything is better than any of the previous clowns of the last 8-16 years.

Rep. Mike Johnson

@RepMikeJohnson

It is the honor of a lifetime to have been elected the 56th Speaker of the House. Thank you to my colleagues, friends, staff, and family for the unmatched support throughout this process.It has been an arduous few weeks, and a reminder that the House is as complicated and diverse as the people we represent. The urgency of this moment demands bold, decisive action to restore trust, advance our legislative priorities, and demonstrate good governance. Our House Republican Conference is united, and eager to work. As Speaker, I will ensure the House delivers results and inspires change for the American people. We will restore trust in this body. We will advance a comprehensive conservative policy agenda, combat the harmful policies of the Biden Administration, and support our allies abroad. And we will restore sanity to a government desperately in need of it. Let’s get back to work.

Well in mid November he’ll either shut down the government or whip enough votes to raise the debt ceiling.

It will be interesting to hear how why his working with Democrats will be accepted when McCarthy’s was not.

Forum List

Back