What Will Happen if Democrats Take Congress in Midterms?

Doesn't really matter, both parties produce a constant flow of anti-liberty legislation. And both parties are the reason we're 21 trillion dollars in debt. D or R, it's going to be business as usual, no matter what.

He is stoking the flames of partisan war and making things ten times worse, pulling along lots of people who don't know any better.
Lol, you just described the Obama presidency. .... :cool:

O resurrected, pushed hate, division, and racism. Thats one thing that he was exceptionally good at.

Obabble is Evul.

o-THE-BIBLE-SATAN-OBAMA-facebook.jpg

If you want to vote for a different President in 2020 - that is your right and I respect it. But seriously, voting for Democrats for the Senate or House in 2018 is a serious mistake by any voter.

If the Dems take the House and Senate this November all the American public will get for two years is attempted impeachment hearings against Trump... and we do NOT need two years of useless impeachment hearings just to accomplish what could be done in one election in 2020 anyway.

Here is the nitty-gritty, even if Trump is impeached in the House, that does not remove him from office - it only starts the hearings procedure. To remove him from office requires a supermajority (2/3 of voters present) of votes in the Senate, and even if the democrats sweep the 2018 midterms Trump will never be removed; because 2/3 of the 2018 Senate will never vote to remove Trump from office. That means impeachment now is nothing but a huge waste of time and your taxpayer dollars.

But would that stop the Dems from trying? No. Want to know more? Read the Constitution.

Impeachment: "The United States Constitution provides that the House of Representatives "shall have the sole Power of Impeachment" (Article I, section 2) and that "the Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments .... [but] no person shall be convicted without the Concurrence of two-thirds of the Members present" (Article I, section 3).
That's exactly what they live for. I bet you thought you could reason with these mentally ill degenerates

“What Will Happen if Democrats Take Congress in Midterms?

Or take control of just the House, which is more likely.

At least two things will happen, both good:

Trump will at last have an actual check on his reckless, responsible behavior and his failed, wrongheaded agenda will also be checked.

Congressional Republicans’ failed, wrongheaded agenda will likewise be checked and at least put on hold for the foreseeable future.

We’ll be back to gridlock – which the voters seem to want – but at least Trump and Congressional Republicans will no longer be able to harm the country; a militant social conservative Supreme Court will assume that role.

I'm starting to believe that the liberals WANT to take down this country any way possible.
Then they can move on to becoming a globalized nation that Soros is seeking.

What was your first clue....and why did it take you so long to realize this?

If you want to vote for a different President in 2020 - that is your right and I respect it. But seriously, voting for Democrats for the Senate or House in 2018 is a serious mistake by any voter.

If the Dems take the House and Senate this November all the American public will get for two years is attempted impeachment hearings against Trump... and we do NOT need two years of useless impeachment hearings just to accomplish what could be done in one election in 2020 anyway.

Here is the nitty-gritty, even if Trump is impeached in the House, that does not remove him from office - it only starts the hearings procedure. To remove him from office requires a supermajority (2/3 of voters present) of votes in the Senate, and even if the democrats sweep the 2018 midterms Trump will never be removed; because 2/3 of the 2018 Senate will never vote to remove Trump from office. That means impeachment now is nothing but a huge waste of time and your taxpayer dollars.

But would that stop the Dems from trying? No. Want to know more? Read the Constitution.

Impeachment: "The United States Constitution provides that the House of Representatives "shall have the sole Power of Impeachment" (Article I, section 2) and that "the Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments .... [but] no person shall be convicted without the Concurrence of two-thirds of the Members present" (Article I, section 3).
Funny, after sampling a small portion of the President's rally in WV Friday night, I walked away saying for the first time, Impeach. He's got to be stopped, Paul. He is stoking the flames of partisan war and making things ten times worse, pulling along lots of people who don't know any better. The thunderous boos in the audience about the "Evil Dems" and all the crimes they are committing was absolutely frightening to me. What is he doing? Why?
Whatever the reason, he needs to be stopped. Look at Lindsay Graham, for God's sake, aping him in hopes of taking over for Jeff Sessions some say. And Kavanaugh's behavior at the hearing? All Trump tactics, some say.
It's revolting. If it were Dems doing it, I'd be saying EXACTLY the same thing.

Wow... you are really not to be taken seriously....after the lies, smears and destruction the democrats have waged against Judge Kavanaugh and you can sit there and say that as if it was an intelligent point?

The democrats are no longer just dangerous, they are evil. They are destroying a good and innocent man simply to keep power.......they will do anything for power...
The Democrats brought to a hearing accusations made against a Supreme Court nominee. That is all you or I know. The rest, you have made up.

Funny, after sampling a small portion of the President's rally in WV Friday night, I walked away saying for the first time, Impeach. He's got to be stopped, Paul. He is stoking the flames of partisan war and making things ten times worse, pulling along lots of people who don't know any better. The thunderous boos in the audience about the "Evil Dems" and all the crimes they are committing was absolutely frightening to me. What is he doing? Why?
Whatever the reason, he needs to be stopped. Look at Lindsay Graham, for God's sake, aping him in hopes of taking over for Jeff Sessions some say. And Kavanaugh's behavior at the hearing? All Trump tactics, some say.

I will only make one argument with you - the Dems ARE doing the same thing. Verbally assaulting citizens in restaurants and elevators; celebrities like Madonna, Kathy Griffin, Robert DeNiro and Sean Penn all insinuating they would ASSASSINATE Trump given a chance. Is that not as despicable as what the Trump supporters say at his rallies? What is worse, "Lock her up" or "When is the last time an Actor murdered a President?"

Without further arguing - I still say it makes more sense to wait until 2020. Impeachment hearings will accomplish nothing in the next two years. It would only double down on the partisanship you say you abhor in the post above. Vote Trump out in 2020 and let's not go through what we did in 1998 with Bill Clinton.

It becomes less likely that the Nazicrats will take the house with each day. The lynching of Brett Kavanaugh did not serve the Soros party the way the press implies.

The GOP will still pick up 6 seats in the Senate, and the much vaunted blue wave in the house is fizzling.

Even if the Democrats take the house, without the Senate the move is a non-starter. The Senate will simply refuse the impeachment by the house.

This is exactly right, but the goal of the democrats is not to really impeach, it is to impede. Old Lady doesn't like the partisanship, but she makes no mention if the policies and economic improvement we have seen.

I am not a Trump devotee at all - I find him somewhat comical and repugnant - very non-Presidential in his demeanor. But I try to ignore demeanor when it comes to politics because POLITICS IS NOT A BEAUTY CONTEST. It is our government at work. I fully support his policies, and while his actions are crude, the Democrats are really no better, with the lies they make up about conservatives being racist, sexist, Islamist, etc. (There is no proof of those charges, it is a lie they tell to try to get more votes, a pretty sad tactic really. No platform except "vote for us, because they are even worse.")

Last edited:
“What Will Happen if Democrats Take Congress in Midterms?

Or take control of just the House, which is more likely.

At least two things will happen, both good:

Trump will at last have an actual check on his reckless, responsible behavior and his failed, wrongheaded agenda will also be checked.

Congressional Republicans’ failed, wrongheaded agenda will likewise be checked and at least put on hold for the foreseeable future.

We’ll be back to gridlock – which the voters seem to want – but at least Trump and Congressional Republicans will no longer be able to harm the country; a militant social conservative Supreme Court will assume that role.

Lol.

What Will Happen if Democrats Take Congress in Midterms?
The Democrats will prevent the Republicans from gutting and savaging Social Security and Medicare and Medicaid.

Which is a good thing.

Trouble is, afterwards, they'll open-up the borders, shove more Gay Mafia $hit down our throats, and vote-whore for minorities.

If they win big enough... which seems unlikely... they may even elevate Mike Pence to the Presidency on an interim basis.

Can't likely impeach the Orange Anus (depends on what Mueller finds) but Dems can and WILL keep him in check even if they only get the House.
Investigations? Yep .. the subpoenas are gonna fly! :cool-45:
Best part - No more Nunes, Jordan and Meadows running constant interference.

He is stoking the flames of partisan war and making things ten times worse, pulling along lots of people who don't know any better.
Lol, you just described the Obama presidency. .... :cool:
Show me one video of Obama stirring up a stadium full of people by telling them the Republicans should all be voted out. Every. Single. One.

Wow... you are really not to be taken seriously....after the lies, smears and destruction the democrats have waged against Judge Kavanaugh and you can sit there and say that as if it was an intelligent point?

The democrats are no longer just dangerous, they are evil. They are destroying a good and innocent man simply to keep power.......they will do anything for power...
The Democrats brought to a hearing accusations made against a Supreme Court nominee. That is all you or I know. The rest, you have made up.

2adude makes up 90% of what he posts.

That's exactly what they live for. I bet you thought you could reason with these mentally ill degenerates

Honestly, I do not come here to argue with the people who have already swallowed the Kool-Aid -- that is just wasted energy.

I come here to talk to the people who are sitting on the fence and may be reading this to get some thoughts on how to vote. The Democrats LIE to get independents to hate Conservatives, I tell the truth to get independents NOT to vote for Democrats. I am not delusional, I am more realistic in my intentions than any loudmouth here just to out-shout the opposition, that is delusional.

I don't smear, I deal in the truth.

The thread should be what happens when they don’t. Free butt pillows for dems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She has no evidence, she has no witnesses...she should never have been allowed to a hearing.....she named 4 witnesses....she named them, said they were there...she did that....and none of them say it happened....none of them. She can't say where it happened or when it happened.....I haven't made up anything...those are the facts....

I will only make one argument with you - the Dems ARE doing the same thing. Verbally assaulting citizens in restaurants and elevators; celebrities like Madonna, Kathy Griffin, Robert DeNiro and Sean Penn all insinuating they would ASSASSINATE Trump given a chance. Is that not as despicable as what the Trump supporters say at his rallies? What is worse, "Lock her up" or "When is the last time an Actor murdered a President?"

Without further arguing - I still say it makes more sense to wait until 2020. Impeachment hearings will accomplish nothing in the next two years. It would only double down on the partisanship you say you abhor in the post above. Vote Trump out in 2020 and let's not go through what we did in 1998 with Bill Clinton.

It becomes less likely that the Nazicrats will take the house with each day. The lynching of Brett Kavanaugh did not serve the Soros party the way the press implies.

The GOP will still pick up 6 seats in the Senate, and the much vaunted blue wave in the house is fizzling.

Even if the Democrats take the house, without the Senate the move is a non-starter. The Senate will simply refuse the impeachment by the house.

This is exactly right, but the goal of the democrats is not to really impeach, it is to impede. Old Lady doesn't like the partisanship, but she makes no mention if the policies and economic improvement we have seen.

I am not a Trump devotee at all - I find him somewhat comical and repugnant - very non-Presidential in his demeanor. But I try to ignore demeanor when it comes to politics because POLITICS IS NOT A BEAUTY CONTEST. It is our government at work. I fully support his policies, and while his actions are crude, the Democrats are really no better, with the lies they make up about conservatives being racist, sexist, Islamist, etc. (There is no proof of those charges, it is a lie they tell to try to get more votes, a pretty sad tactic really. No platform except "vote for us, because they are even worse.")

The democrats....bernie sanders supporters are actually attacking people.....a democrat tried to murder the entire Republican baseball team, a Trump supporter was shot in the leg, a left winger tried to murder Trump during the Campaign, the democrats are dangerous, violent and getting more and more out of control...

Forum List

Back