What Will Happen if Democrats Take Congress in Midterms?

Paul Motter

Gold Member
Aug 29, 2018
If you want to vote for a different President in 2020 - that is your right and I respect it. But seriously, voting for Democrats for the Senate or House in 2018 is a serious mistake by any voter.

If the Dems take the House and Senate this November all the American public will get for two years is attempted impeachment hearings against Trump... and we do NOT need two years of useless impeachment hearings just to accomplish what could be done in one election in 2020 anyway.

Here is the nitty-gritty, even if Trump is impeached in the House, that does not remove him from office - it only starts the hearings procedure. To remove him from office requires a supermajority (2/3 of voters present) of votes in the Senate, and even if the democrats sweep the 2018 midterms Trump will never be removed; because 2/3 of the 2018 Senate will never vote to remove Trump from office. That means impeachment now is nothing but a huge waste of time and your taxpayer dollars.

But would that stop the Dems from trying? No. Want to know more? Read the Constitution.

Impeachment: "The United States Constitution provides that the House of Representatives "shall have the sole Power of Impeachment" (Article I, section 2) and that "the Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments .... [but] no person shall be convicted without the Concurrence of two-thirds of the Members present" (Article I, section 3).

Over run by mexicans, muslims, prisons emptied, taxes raised, no jobs, faggots everywhere, pedos teaching in schools, regulations on everything, attempts to ban guns, civil war. you name it.

If you want to vote for a different President in 2020 - that is your right and I respect it. But seriously, voting for Democrats for the Senate or House in 2018 is a serious mistake by any voter.

If the Dems take the House and Senate this November all the American public will get for two years is attempted impeachment hearings against Trump... and we do NOT need two years of useless impeachment hearings just to accomplish what could be done in one election in 2020 anyway.

Here is the nitty-gritty, even if Trump is impeached in the House, that does not remove him from office - it only starts the hearings procedure. To remove him from office requires a supermajority (2/3 of voters present) of votes in the Senate, and even if the democrats sweep the 2018 midterms Trump will never be removed; because 2/3 of the 2018 Senate will never vote to remove Trump from office. That means impeachment now is nothing but a huge waste of time and your taxpayer dollars.

But would that stop the Dems from trying? No. Want to know more? Read the Constitution.

Impeachment: "The United States Constitution provides that the House of Representatives "shall have the sole Power of Impeachment" (Article I, section 2) and that "the Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments .... [but] no person shall be convicted without the Concurrence of two-thirds of the Members present" (Article I, section 3).
Funny, after sampling a small portion of the President's rally in WV Friday night, I walked away saying for the first time, Impeach. He's got to be stopped, Paul. He is stoking the flames of partisan war and making things ten times worse, pulling along lots of people who don't know any better. The thunderous boos in the audience about the "Evil Dems" and all the crimes they are committing was absolutely frightening to me. What is he doing? Why?
Whatever the reason, he needs to be stopped. Look at Lindsay Graham, for God's sake, aping him in hopes of taking over for Jeff Sessions some say. And Kavanaugh's behavior at the hearing? All Trump tactics, some say.
It's revolting. If it were Dems doing it, I'd be saying EXACTLY the same thing.

It becomes less likely that the Nazicrats will take the house with each day. The lynching of Brett Kavanaugh did not serve the Soros party the way the press implies.

The GOP will still pick up 6 seats in the Senate, and the much vaunted blue wave in the house is fizzling.

Even if the Nazicrats take the house, without the Senate the move is a non-starter. The Senate will simply refuse the impeachment by the house.

Our amazing Pres. Trump is the best president that America has had in decades. ....
lR6DtsoniWnqWD2guOcFsVkww4o3e6WDrBV01qFxEJMIh9-asn2IS_yHf5S1AoFIBP59DTtMd3lxR4rStY69KZKIZWY5TqU8JtXU=s0-d-e1-ft

He is a great leader and knows what is best for the country.

We are truly a blessed nation to have him in the White House. .... :cool:

It becomes less likely that the Nazicrats will take the house with each day. The lynching of Brett Kavanaugh did not serve the Soros party the way the press implies.

The GOP will still pick up 6 seats in the Senate, and the much vaunted blue wave in the house is fizzling.

Even if the Nazicrats take the house, without the Senate the move is a non-starter. The Senate will simply refuse the impeachment by the house.
There is only one word to accurately describe you and your post, delusional.

That ship has sailed. Republicans are angry as hornets over Kavanaugh's treatment by piece of shit liberals.

Funny, after sampling a small portion of the President's rally in WV Friday night, I walked away saying for the first time, Impeach. He's got to be stopped, Paul. He is stoking the flames of partisan war and making things ten times worse, pulling along lots of people who don't know any better. The thunderous boos in the audience about the "Evil Dems" and all the crimes they are committing was absolutely frightening to me. What is he doing? Why?
Whatever the reason, he needs to be stopped. Look at Lindsay Graham, for God's sake, aping him in hopes of taking over for Jeff Sessions some say. And Kavanaugh's behavior at the hearing? All Trump tactics, some say.
I hope you flaming imbeciles win. I'm so sick of all this lying shit you do, I'm ready for the worst! You DESERVE it.

No...they will, in fact, impeach not only Trump, but Kavanaugh to remove him from the D.C. circuit and they have made noises they might even go after Clarence Thomas..... if they get power, they will do to any innocent republican what they have done to Kavanaugh, but they will have more power to do it, and they will be confidant the tactic works...since they will have been voted even more power to do it....

No...they will, in fact, impeach not only Trump, but Kavanaugh to remove him from the D.C. circuit and they have made noises they might even go after Clarence Thomas..... if they get power, they will do to any innocent republican what they have done to Kavanaugh, but they will have more power to do it, and they will be confidant the tactic works...since they will have been voted even more power to do it....
Stock up on ammo.

Wow... you are really not to be taken seriously....after the lies, smears and destruction the democrats have waged against Judge Kavanaugh and you can sit there and say that as if it was an intelligent point?

The democrats are no longer just dangerous, they are evil. They are destroying a good and innocent man simply to keep power.......they will do anything for power...

Wow... you are really not to be taken seriously....after the lies, smears and destruction the democrats have waged against Judge Kavanaugh and you can sit there and say that as if it was an intelligent point?

The democrats are no longer just dangerous, they are evil. They are destroying a good and innocent man simply to keep power.......they will do anything for power...
Totally, these people will destroy this country. Thank God I won't be around much longer.

They’ll take the House. Not the Senate.

Forum List

Back