What was the first religion?

s
... Evolution and the big bang are what are ancient primitive ancestors would have come up with if they were smarter but they werent too bright so they came up with god. ...

The average intelligence of your "ancient primitive ancestors" was the same as the average intelligence is today. And don't forget please: your ancestors and your fellow citizens of the world made and make nearly everything what you are using - including every single word of your language. Farmers and herdsman know by the way much more about cultivation and selective breeding than others. Evolution is nothing else than "selective breeding" - the difference is only that nature makes the job of a farmer or herdsman on its own. The endless discussion "creation vs evolution" makes not any sense. How should something evolve what's not created? And there are also not endless many ways of decisions or degrees of freedom - the ways are created limited - nearly endless is endless less than endless.

Last edited:
Well what one "thinks" (about whether or not "there were Christian church buildings at the time") is irrelevant I think...here is the full context of the statement from the Bible:

"(34)Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law. (35)And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church." 1 Cor. 14:34-35

OBVIOUSLY THIS IS BLATANT SEXISM!

(The Bible says: "ALL scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:)

EVERYTHING IN THE BIBLE IS NOT NECESSARILY TRUE!!!

Not true in a literal sense? Is that really all the potential you can possibly imagine for the world's religious scriptures?

The Bible contains illustrations which describe all the failings and triumphs of man, allegorically.

Look man, 1 Cor. 14:34-35 is SEXIST. Period.

It is proof that the Bible has been corrupted by those who have been in charge of it. God is not a sexist.

Peace.
Anonymous1977

The oldest known religious icon was a snake statue found in a cave in Africa. It is 70,000 years old.

Canadian unearths 70 000-year-old religious snake icon
I'm not gullible. There is no way anyone can prove that a rock sculpture is that ancient unless one fully BELIEVES that the FLOOD never happened. I believe that God created the entire Universe thousands of years ago. You obviously do not and so you must side with this Canadian who is convinced in his own mind that evolution is a fact.

Obviously I do not, that is correct. Why? I side with evolution and geology because, as a geologist, I can demonstrate in the field and in the laboratory the truth of the science, Virtually the entire planet's compliment of scientists have accepted the fact of evolution. Frankly, that I have to argue the case in the 21st century speaks to the incompetence of our education system. And finally, if you believe in a literal interpretation of Noah and his ark, then you certainly are very gullible. Sorry, I can't be kind about this because it can readily be demonstrated that the Flintstones is NOT a documentary.
There are other very scientific views that are not being supported because those in control tend to be bias. Scientific Evidence for a Worldwide Flood

This is not scientific evidence for a world wide flood. It is mostly regurgitating claims that have long been debunked. For instance, polystrate fossils is not a real geological term. It is a term made up by creationists to describe fossils that intersect several rock beds, usually in sedimentary rocks. However, "polystrate" tree fossils were not problematic for conventional geologists of the 19th century, nor are they a problem for 20th and 21st century geologists. The same goes for clastic dikes, although they are a real geologic term. Nothing claimed about Mt. St. Helens is true. Palouse Canyon is not evidence of a worldwide Noachian flood. It is evidence of a massive flood in Eastern Washington caused when the ice dam holding back Pleistocene aged Lake Missoula gave way and released the entire contents of that lake over the period of a few days. I could go on and on but the fact remains that none of what is claimed on your web site is evidence of a global flood, and in fact, much of it simply is not true. Here is the real question you need to ask yourself. Given that Ur, Noah's supposed birthplace, is in the Euphrates Valley in Iraq (in the floodplain of the river, in fact), given that in Biblical times (and occasionally in modern times), that river flooded often, sometimes in great torrents, given that the so-called Noachian flood is actually a tale stolen from earlier Babylonian cultures and was handed down word of mouth for centuries before it was written down, given that the flood myth has been refuted since the 19th century and nothing has been found to support it to this day, given all the above, one must ask what the people who make these false claims have to gain from perpetuating such myths as truth.
You believe what you need to believe because it is convenient for your atheism. It is also likely necessary for you to get a job among those who have learned to depend on Uniformitarianism to explain everything under the sun. I still believe God spoke the Universe into existence and He doesn't need billions and billions and trillions of trillions of Cosmos years to make anything happen.

"Scientific" for you is constructing a "Mother Nature" story to circumvent the existence of the Creator. It is a total waste of time, money and energy and turns no one into a true Philosopher ----- one who can think outside the box man has fabricated entitled MATERIALISM. You cannot explain why you exist! You don't know where you are heading. And you don't even know WHY things are as they are! Without hope, joy or peace, one becomes nothing but a dull, selfish lout who fears growing old and becoming nonessential. Likely why so many are now committing suicide. It seems for many the only thing they can control. BUT what a total shock they will get once they arrive on the otherside!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I understood that the flood story was a myth long before I ever became an atheist. I also don't need to be an atheist to recognize your god of the gaps argument. The box people need to get outside of, dude, is religious dogma. Until you do, you will always believe in the fabrication of a 10,000 year old universe, instead of the real universe, which is demonstrably orders of magnitude older and not based on 2,000 years of Bedouin dogmatic tradition. Assuming that I have no hope or joy because I see the universe with the mind of a scientist is arrogant and ignorant. As for the rest of your rant, take a pill, because, damn.

I'm not gullible. There is no way anyone can prove that a rock sculpture is that ancient unless one fully BELIEVES that the FLOOD never happened. I believe that God created the entire Universe thousands of years ago. You obviously do not and so you must side with this Canadian who is convinced in his own mind that evolution is a fact.

Obviously I do not, that is correct. Why? I side with evolution and geology because, as a geologist, I can demonstrate in the field and in the laboratory the truth of the science, Virtually the entire planet's compliment of scientists have accepted the fact of evolution. Frankly, that I have to argue the case in the 21st century speaks to the incompetence of our education system. And finally, if you believe in a literal interpretation of Noah and his ark, then you certainly are very gullible. Sorry, I can't be kind about this because it can readily be demonstrated that the Flintstones is NOT a documentary.
There are other very scientific views that are not being supported because those in control tend to be bias. Scientific Evidence for a Worldwide Flood

This is not scientific evidence for a world wide flood. It is mostly regurgitating claims that have long been debunked. For instance, polystrate fossils is not a real geological term. It is a term made up by creationists to describe fossils that intersect several rock beds, usually in sedimentary rocks. However, "polystrate" tree fossils were not problematic for conventional geologists of the 19th century, nor are they a problem for 20th and 21st century geologists. The same goes for clastic dikes, although they are a real geologic term. Nothing claimed about Mt. St. Helens is true. Palouse Canyon is not evidence of a worldwide Noachian flood. It is evidence of a massive flood in Eastern Washington caused when the ice dam holding back Pleistocene aged Lake Missoula gave way and released the entire contents of that lake over the period of a few days. I could go on and on but the fact remains that none of what is claimed on your web site is evidence of a global flood, and in fact, much of it simply is not true. Here is the real question you need to ask yourself. Given that Ur, Noah's supposed birthplace, is in the Euphrates Valley in Iraq (in the floodplain of the river, in fact), given that in Biblical times (and occasionally in modern times), that river flooded often, sometimes in great torrents, given that the so-called Noachian flood is actually a tale stolen from earlier Babylonian cultures and was handed down word of mouth for centuries before it was written down, given that the flood myth has been refuted since the 19th century and nothing has been found to support it to this day, given all the above, one must ask what the people who make these false claims have to gain from perpetuating such myths as truth.
You believe what you need to believe because it is convenient for your atheism. It is also likely necessary for you to get a job among those who have learned to depend on Uniformitarianism to explain everything under the sun. I still believe God spoke the Universe into existence and He doesn't need billions and billions and trillions of trillions of Cosmos years to make anything happen.

"Scientific" for you is constructing a "Mother Nature" story to circumvent the existence of the Creator. It is a total waste of time, money and energy and turns no one into a true Philosopher ----- one who can think outside the box man has fabricated entitled MATERIALISM. You cannot explain why you exist! You don't know where you are heading. And you don't even know WHY things are as they are! Without hope, joy or peace, one becomes nothing but a dull, selfish lout who fears growing old and becoming nonessential. Likely why so many are now committing suicide. It seems for many the only thing they can control. BUT what a total shock they will get once they arrive on the otherside!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Answering the question "how did we get here" with "must be god" isnt a good answer. First how did you come to that conclusion? Secondly that answer requires more questions like who created god?

Indeed. "God did it" is a tautology that doesn't explain anything.

Answering the question "how did we get here" with "must be god" isnt a good answer. First how did you come to that conclusion? Secondly that answer requires more questions like who created god?
God did in fact create everything. Answering the question, "How did we get we get here?" with "It was a mere coincidence." Is not a scientific conclusion and not one even worthy of a moron.

I came to the conclusion through studying history, witnessing human nature and Biblical investigation. I find that the Bible is the best most logical explanation for both our existence and our behavior patterns. Other texts either drift into convoluted prose or silently skirt around issue entirely. Some texts even depend entirely on the Bible for their own substantiation. Time belongs to God. God is not in subjection to time, and before creation what was there to measure? Time is the measurement of birth and decay. It was designed for mortals. The Universe was designed for man to illustrate the infinite power of God to a finite mind.

Look man, 1 Cor. 14:34-35 is SEXIST. Period.

So, you've reduced the entire New Testament treatment of women to one paragraph where Paul is addressing an issue in Corinth. Got it. Mary, Mary Magdalene, Lydia, Elizabeth, Martha, and all the female ministers mentioned in the Epistles are trumped by your little black and white definition. That's called reductionist thinking.

Life in Christ is not meant to mirror life in a Greco-Roman culture. An ancient Middle Eastern culture is not our standard. We are not meant to adopt the world of Luther's Reformation or the culture of the eighteenth-century Great Awakening or even 1950s America as our standard for righteousness. The culture, past or present, isn't the point: Jesus and his Kingdom come, his will done, right now--that is the point.”- Sarah Bessey Jesus Feminist

I understood that the flood story was a myth long before I ever became an atheist.

At various times during human history, there have been natural disasters which nearly wiped out our species. 74,000 years ago, Mt Toba erupted and the entire planet was 'flooded' with ash. There was a 6 year nuclear winter and a 1,000 year ice age and our species was reduced to 10,000 adults worldwide, hunkered down in isolated refuges.

The details of Noah's flood story are irrelevant. Of course it's a myth. But, it's also an illustration of a very real aspect of the human journey.

"Scientific" for you is constructing a "Mother Nature" story to circumvent the existence of the Creator. It is a total waste of time, money and energy and turns no one into a true Philosopher ----- one who can think outside the box man has fabricated entitled MATERIALISM. You cannot explain why you exist! You don't know where you are heading. And you don't even know WHY things are as they are! Without hope, joy or peace, one becomes nothing but a dull, selfish lout who fears growing old and becoming nonessential. Likely why so many are now committing suicide. It seems for many the only thing they can control. BUT what a total shock they will get once they arrive on the other side!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I understood that the flood story was a myth long before I ever became an atheist. I also don't need to be an atheist to recognize your god of the gaps argument. The box people need to get outside of, dude, is religious dogma. Until you do, you will always believe in the fabrication of a 10,000 year old universe, instead of the real universe, which is demonstrably orders of magnitude older and not based on 2,000 years of Bedouin dogmatic tradition. Assuming that I have no hope or joy because I see the universe with the mind of a scientist is arrogant and ignorant. As for the rest of your rant, take a pill, because, damn.
You seem to have become an atheist as a result of thinking of the Bible in terms of myth and without trying to find out how it could be true. I believe that an Almighty GOD created everything from nothing. God created a fully functional environmental system, just as easily as He created a fully grown "30" year old prototype from the dust He had just recently fabricated.

Scientists are all coming to the conclusion that some major catastrophic event happened to wipe out the dinosaur. They are wrong about the timing because they are forcing themselves to not construct a complete equation that includes God... Creation scientists have for many years accepted the reality that asteroids and meteors hit this planet. They concluded such as the trigger and contributing factor in the Floods progression. Where uniformitarians saw no worldwide evidence for the Deluge --- Creation scientists said it exists all over the earth. And now finally, secular scientists are admitting that there is indication worldwide of asteroid deposits that coincide with the end of the so called age of the dinosaur.

You have no hope or joy because you see no tomorrow --- not because you are a scientist. You see only chance, old age and death. That is all life can offer you without knowing that God had/has a plan and that He is in control. The Bible puts it this way. "What good is it if a man gains the entire would but loses his own soul." You in fact, don't even seem to believe you have a soul ---- that seems even worse. A pill will not help that sort of mindset. In fact drugs, sex, and drinking likely are all atheists have ----- sad to say.

]

LITTLENIPPER SAID:

“You seem to have become an atheist as a result of thinking of the Bible in terms of myth and without trying to find out how it could be true.”

Incorrect.

No one 'becomes' an 'atheist,' the notion is ignorant nonsense.

To be free from faith is exactly that: the acknowledgment of the fact that there is no 'god' as perceived by theists and that the bible is in fact myth, written by men, not a 'deity'; to acknowledge a fact requires no 'belief.'

LITTLENIPPER SAID:

“I believe that an Almighty GOD created everything from nothing.”

A belief that manifested as a consequence of men, not a 'god.'

True.

It also fails as an appeal to ignorance fallacy, that the origins of existence might be unknown doesn't mean 'god' is the 'answer.'

God did in fact create everything. Answering the question, "How did we get we get here?" with "It was a mere coincidence." Is not a scientific conclusion and not one even worthy of a moron.

I came to the conclusion through studying history, witnessing human nature and Biblical investigation. I find that the Bible is the best most logical explanation for both our existence and our behavior patterns. Other texts either drift into convoluted prose or silently skirt around issue entirely. Some texts even depend entirely on the Bible for their own substantiation. Time belongs to God. God is not in subjection to time, and before creation what was there to measure? Time is the measurement of birth and decay. It was designed for mortals. The Universe was designed for man to illustrate the infinite power of God to a finite mind.

"God did it" is a religious tautology that is meaningless in answering questions pertaining to science. How we came about has religious implications for those who believe, but it explains nothing from a scientific perspective. Moreover, repeating unsupported claims such as "the universe was designed for man" doesn't help your argument. In fact, it only makes you look silly, particularly when we find life somewhere other than on Earth, which is inevitable.

I understood that the flood story was a myth long before I ever became an atheist.

At various times during human history, there have been natural disasters which nearly wiped out our species. 74,000 years ago, Mt Toba erupted and the entire planet was 'flooded' with ash. There was a 6 year nuclear winter and a 1,000 year ice age and our species was reduced to 10,000 adults worldwide, hunkered down in isolated refuges.

The details of Noah's flood story are irrelevant. Of course it's a myth. But, it's also an illustration of a very real aspect of the human journey.

The human journey does not include vengeful gods wreaking destruction upon the sins of mankind in floods, tsunamis, volcanic eruptions or any other disaster. The story of Noah is a symptom of what is wrong with much of religious dogma. It leads people to blame disasters on the 'alleged' bad behavior/thinking of people. It is ridiculous in its logic, and heinous in its consequences. It is immoral.

s
... Evolution and the big bang are what are ancient primitive ancestors would have come up with if they were smarter but they werent too bright so they came up with god. ...

The average intelligence of your "ancient primitive ancestors" was the same as the average intelligence is today. And don't forget please: your ancestors and your fellow citizens of the world made and make nearly everything what you are using - including every single word of your language. Farmers and herdsman know by the way much more about cultivation and selective breeding than others. Evolution is nothing else than "selective breeding" - the difference is only that nature makes the job of a farmer or herdsman on its own. The endless discussion "creation vs evolution" makes not any sense. How should something evolve what's not created? And there are also not endless many ways of decisions or degrees of freedom - the ways are created limited - nearly endless is endless less than endless.

About 1% of our ancestors invented everything. The Masses didn't do shit. They were and still are sheep. I include myself. Would I know how to invent a car if you sent me back 300 years? Absolutely not. Even with the knowledge that cars exist I wouldnt even know where to begin.

"God did it" is a religious tautology that is meaningless in answering questions pertaining to science. How we came about has religious implications for those who believe, but it explains nothing from a scientific perspective. Moreover, repeating unsupported claims such as "the universe was designed for man" doesn't help your argument. In fact, it only makes you look silly, particularly when we find life somewhere other than on Earth, which is inevitable.
That won't disprove a god but should destroy every man made religion...although I know it won't. Just look how 13.5 billion years vs. 7 days doesnt bother them. They can explain away anything and ultimately you can't disprove a god exists. Especially to someone who believes he visited.

I'd be OK with theists explanation of why god hides and can't be seen if theists didn't claim he once visited. Bullshit!

The human journey does not include vengeful gods wreaking destruction upon the sins of mankind in floods, tsunamis, volcanic eruptions or any other disaster. The story of Noah is a symptom of what is wrong with much of religious dogma. It leads people to blame disasters on the 'alleged' bad behavior/thinking of people. It is ridiculous in its logic, and heinous in its consequences. It is immoral.
Not all scientist study in detail every aspect of evolution or uniformitarianism. There are scientists who through study have come to the conclusion that evolution and uniformitarianism are both full of holes and actually create more questions than answers. The problem is that secular society has been shanghaied into a stance that ANY investigation that promotes or fosters a belief in God is UNCONSTITUTIONAL. As a result, scientists and students that wish to investigate or further any study that proposes to exonerate the Bible go unfunded and are excluded. While secular atheistic ponderings are embraced as freethinking for public consumption. This results in the likes of individuals who simply accept the conclusions of a "Carl Sagan's Cosmos" without recognizing pure unabashed propaganda of the worse kind --------- legalized indoctrination financed through corrupted public educational institutions unchallenged.

That won't disprove a god but should destroy every man made religion...although I know it won't. Just look how 13.5 billion years vs. 7 days doesnt bother them. They can explain away anything and ultimately you can't disprove a god exists. Especially to someone who believes he visited.

I'd be OK with theists explanation of why god hides and can't be seen if theists didn't claim he once visited. Bullshit!
Prove that the universe has to be as old as you say. Prove that everything that happens is simply a matter of chance. Prove that God does not answer prayer. Prove that Ezekiel and Jesus are not historical persons. Prove that God does not exist.

Prove that the universe has to be as old as you say. Prove that everything that happens is simply a matter of chance. Prove that God does not answer prayer. Prove that Ezekiel and Jesus are not historical persons. Prove that God does not exist.
Which one?

The story of Noah in Genesis is woven together from the writings of at least 2 authors, known as J and P.
"In J, God is personal and involved: known by a personal name ("YHWH"), personally closing the ark, personally smelling Noah's sacrifice, described as "grieved to his heart." In P, God's name is not yet known ("God," in Hebrew Elohim, is not a name; it is what God is), and there are none of the anthropomorphic descriptions that are found in J."
NOVA The Bible s Buried Secrets Who Wrote the Flood Story PBS

Obviously, you object to the anthropomorphic descriptions of God, for starters. You can't get past that, and the story doesn't provoke any profound questions for you. So be it.

As P describes the situation, much more like the Babylonian myth of the flood, God is the process by which a parasite (the human race) is exterminated from the earth.

As someone who entertains the notion that the bio-sphere acts as a single self-regulating organism, the story of Noah provokes me to question our actions as a human race, especially our separation from the natural world.

... About 1% of our ancestors invented everything. The Masses didn't do shit. They were and still are sheep. I include myself. Would I know how to invent a car if you sent me back 300 years? Absolutely not. Even with the knowledge that cars exist I wouldnt even know where to begin.

In your view it seems to me you are thinking 99% of all human beings are superflous - including yourselve. In my view everyone is a creative child of god - wether one knows this or not is another thing. Try to find out what you and your family really needs - and make it. You will be astonished if the first things go wrong how you will find good new ways - with the help of god. Sometimes it needs even years or decades until we find out the beauty of our own ways. Be patient and give yourselve a chance.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back