What the GOP is Offering and Why It Pisses Me Off

Foxbots- right off the wall.

If Pubs win, they lose too, but at least minorities of all kinds- including the "brains", and unions!!, will lose worse. Unbelievable tools. LOL!

And THEY'll be on the winning team! Remind me of Yankee fans who don't know who plays for them...

Last edited:
So... you agree with Romney in that the US automakers should not have been bailed out.
Actually, I would have bailed out the Auto Industry on the condition that they be broken up, thus eliminating the Too Big To Fail factor.
I guess you're not all that steadfast in your belief that any business that can't survive without government help, shouldn't survive.
On what basis do you pick and choose the application of your beliefs?

It appears that The Obama has changed his mind on this issue, floppimng from one side to the other.
What do you think about politicians that flop their positions based on public sentiment?

You neither answered the question, nor addressed the issue it represents.

This does not supply the specifics I asked for, especially in regards to the tax breaks for sending sending jobs overseas.
Please do try again.

ike it or not, The American Worker competes in a global labor market.
As soon as the unions figure this, get rid of the idea that they are entitled to dictate wages/benefits for their members and act in a manner that allows the American worker to compete in that market, the jobs will stop going overseas.
Of course it's all the unions fault .Riiiight. Guess what? I have long held that it is definitely PARTLY the unions fault. At least unions like the UAW, Teamsters and Longshoremen.
Good for you - glad to see you're willing to admit this.

Your responses have been measured and, in general, found wanting. You may now revise and extend your remarks.

Well "wanting" is better than Zero. Which is what you have provided thusfar. Zero. Instead of addressing a single issue, you have dodged them all, changing the subject from the GOP stance to "Yeah but look what the other guys...". So to be found "wanting" by someone who has yet to achieve anything, is not exactly devastating.
And interesting that you delete the invitation for you do even attempt what I have done.
Thus the well-earned term The Party of Zero.

Our differences aside, thank you for your service.

Actually, I would have bailed out the Auto Industry on the condition that they be broken up, thus eliminating the Too Big To Fail factor.
I guess you're not all that steadfast in your belief that any business that can't survive without government help, shouldn't survive.

It appears that The Obama has changed his mind on this issue, floppimng from one side to the other.
What do you think about politicians that flop their positions based on public sentiment?

This does not supply the specifics I asked for, especially in regards to the tax breaks for sending sending jobs overseas.
Please do try again.

Of course it's all the unions fault .Riiiight. Guess what? I have long held that it is definitely PARTLY the unions fault. At least unions like the UAW, Teamsters and Longshoremen.

Your responses have been measured and, in general, found wanting. You may now revise and extend your remarks.
Well "wanting" is better than Zero.
No... "wanting" means that your complaints are demonstrably unsound, created in support of a predisposition. Thus. your argument here is dishonest.

Please do try again.

No... "wanting" means that your complaints are demonstrably unsound, created in support of a predisposition. Thus. your argument here is dishonest.
Now there's something we don't see every day! :rolleyes: :lol:

Please do try again.

Well I suppose you can say whatever you want about my argument but at least I forward them. I have put forward positions and supported those positions with my reasoning. You have yet to even put forward any positions on the actual topic.
All you seem to have to offer about the topic is, well, zero.
So while you call me dishonest because you disagree with my positions, at least I have them.
Thus far, you and as always, Oddball, have failed to even forward a postion.
This would be the demonstrable difference between us.
You two may now continue posting about the opinions of others as apparently, you have none of your own.

WHERE do you get this "stuff" from? Huffington Post? CurrentTV? The alphabet networks? New York Times? MSNBC?

My guess is all of the above.

Do yourself, and the rest of us, a big favor............sit this one out.

I'm not saying you are one but here is what whackjobs do: They come into a post, they don't address a single issue or topic discussed, and they throw a tantrum or label another poster.
You know, exactly like I predicted in the OP.
Hmmm. What did you do?

Care to discuss an issue? Oh wait, nm. :)

Why not explain why your side has been so successful in addressing the problems and issues of our day.

You can start with the ratio of the dollars spent to the jobs lost. We're down about 3.5 million jobs since this date four years ago. We have spent about 5 trillion dollars on something. We were told the extra spending was supposed to stimulate the economy, add jobs and increase the tax base. It has done none of these things.

If the plan was this expensive and it failed, we are being led by an idiot.

If the plan was something other than what it was explained to be and that plan has succeeded, we are being led by a crook. This, incidentally, is what i think has happened.

If it was a little of both, we are being led by an idiot who is also a crook.

Those are the only choices. Which is it?

WHERE do you get this "stuff" from? Huffington Post? CurrentTV? The alphabet networks? New York Times? MSNBC?

I'm not saying you are one but here is what whackjobs do: They come into a post, they don't address a single issue or topic discussed, and they throw a tantrum or label another poster.
You know, exactly like I predicted in the OP.
Hmmm. What did you do?

Care to discuss an issue? Oh wait, nm. :)
You haven't addressed a single issue. You just posted your whining points. A bunch of them are even lies.

But when you post an issue, discuss it rationally, perhaps you'll get a response.

Until then...have a little cheese.

What the GOP seems to claim as their solutions to our are as follows:

A budget that doesn't reduce the deficit (at least, according to non-GOP sources) and increases defense spending. They will not even discuss our defense spending. As if our military is so bad at our jobs, they have to spend 10x more than any other country to compensate for it.

The promise that they will protect the Rich and also Powerful Global Corporations. Because you know, that's who really needs protecting. Seriously, only Americans are stupid enough to buy that one.

They'll create jobs by lowering the corporate tax rates. Because Zero is too much. And the reason companies ship jobs from the USA - where they pay 17% of average - to India - where the rate is 33%, has to do with taxes. It's not that India has an average income of $2 a day, no labor or environmental laws to speak of etc... No. It's that attractive 33% tax rate that has Raja answering the phone whenever I call tech support. Riiight. Oh, and they've made it clear they'll fight the Dems on closing the loopholes that make it advantageous to ship our jobs overseas. Because if we protect our jobs here, all the companies in the world will leave the largest consumer base they have. Riiiight.

The promise they will fight Dodd-Frank and make sure the banks that took us in the toilet, remain Too Big To Fail.

They'll get rid of the mortgage deduction for the Middle Class (at least according to Boehner and Cantor, this would be a good thing). That way, the only way it's worth buying a house, is if you're a corporation. Then, once the corporations own the entire country, they can raise the rents. Peachy.

They will get rid of planned parenthood and increase the number of welfare moms. Wonderful.

They will make sure we don't have any more of those terrible regulations that hurt business. You know, like upgrading equipment used in The Gulf on oil rigs. Or making sure that CitiBank doesn't have to worry about getting in trouble when they commit fraud. Or BofA can go ahead and illegally foreclose on our troops while their overseas.

They'll protect me from two women getting married in Iowa. Because that's um, scary. Maybe Marcus Bachmann can pray the gayness out of them for me. Really, how the hell did this become so important?

They'll attack Iran. Whose military hasn't been reduced to zero through years of sanctions like Iraq was. Whose military is ten times bigger and better equipped than any military in the region. Because what we really need is another war in the Middle East - while lowering taxes - because that worked out so well for us last time.

WTF people? Obama sure hasn't been great but the GOP has tried SO HARD to make him / the Dems look good by comparison, it's a no-brainer.

I really thought the party would change after Obama got elected. And it did. It got worse. Where's the candidate who says things like:
1. Any business that can't survive without government help, shouldn't survive. So I'm ending the subsidies to Big Oil, farms, alternative energy companies etc...
2. Less government is better. So I don't CARE if a couple gals get married. Seriously, we have more important things to worry about.
3. We have a serious deficit problem. So instead of some bs plan that will have zero effect and appeal to the emotions of a few, I'm cutting defense by 50%. That will save us a TRILLION dollars every three years.
4. I'm getting rid of the tax breaks associated with shipping jobs overseas. We have a huge consumer base, a safe country and a great infrastructure so it's not like companies are just going to leave, it we stop rewarding them for screwing the American worker. I'll reverse the breaks as incentives for brining jobs back where they belong.

You know, stuff like that. Instead, i get the promise they'll defund planned parenthood, thus reducing the budget by 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000001%
Wonderful.

Liberals may now discuss the points and ConservaRepubs may now ignore them, change the subject, sling some labels and the usual...

Damn, and the GOP was counting on your vote too. Dammit!

A budget that doesn't reduce the deficit (at least, according to non-GOP sources) and increases defense spending. They will not even discuss our defense spending. As if our military is so bad at our jobs, they have to spend 10x more than any other country to compensate for it.

The promise that they will protect the Rich and also Powerful Global Corporations. Because you know, that's who really needs protecting. Seriously, only Americans are stupid enough to buy that one.

They'll create jobs by lowering the corporate tax rates. Because Zero is too much. And the reason companies ship jobs from the USA - where they pay 17% of average - to India - where the rate is 33%, has to do with taxes. It's not that India has an average income of $2 a day, no labor or environmental laws to speak of etc... No. It's that attractive 33% tax rate that has Raja answering the phone whenever I call tech support. Riiight. Oh, and they've made it clear they'll fight the Dems on closing the loopholes that make it advantageous to ship our jobs overseas. Because if we protect our jobs here, all the companies in the world will leave the largest consumer base they have. Riiiight.

The promise they will fight Dodd-Frank and make sure the banks that took us in the toilet, remain Too Big To Fail.

They'll get rid of the mortgage deduction for the Middle Class (at least according to Boehner and Cantor, this would be a good thing). That way, the only way it's worth buying a house, is if you're a corporation. Then, once the corporations own the entire country, they can raise the rents. Peachy.

They will get rid of planned parenthood and increase the number of welfare moms. Wonderful.

They will make sure we don't have any more of those terrible regulations that hurt business. You know, like upgrading equipment used in The Gulf on oil rigs. Or making sure that CitiBank doesn't have to worry about getting in trouble when they commit fraud. Or BofA can go ahead and illegally foreclose on our troops while their overseas.

They'll protect me from two women getting married in Iowa. Because that's um, scary. Maybe Marcus Bachmann can pray the gayness out of them for me. Really, how the hell did this become so important?

They'll attack Iran. Whose military hasn't been reduced to zero through years of sanctions like Iraq was. Whose military is ten times bigger and better equipped than any military in the region. Because what we really need is another war in the Middle East - while lowering taxes - because that worked out so well for us last time.

WTF people? Obama sure hasn't been great but the GOP has tried SO HARD to make him / the Dems look good by comparison, it's a no-brainer.

I really thought the party would change after Obama got elected. And it did. It got worse. Where's the candidate who says things like:
1. Any business that can't survive without government help, shouldn't survive. So I'm ending the subsidies to Big Oil, farms, alternative energy companies etc...
2. Less government is better. So I don't CARE if a couple gals get married. Seriously, we have more important things to worry about.
3. We have a serious deficit problem. So instead of some bs plan that will have zero effect and appeal to the emotions of a few, I'm cutting defense by 50%. That will save us a TRILLION dollars every three years.
4. I'm getting rid of the tax breaks associated with shipping jobs overseas. We have a huge consumer base, a safe country and a great infrastructure so it's not like companies are just going to leave, it we stop rewarding them for screwing the American worker. I'll reverse the breaks as incentives for brining jobs back where they belong.

You know, stuff like that. Instead, i get the promise they'll defund planned parenthood, thus reducing the budget by 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000001%
Wonderful.

Liberals may now discuss the points and ConservaRepubs may now ignore them, change the subject, sling some labels and the usual...

Damn, and the GOP was counting on your vote too. Dammit!

Well they had it for Reagan, Reagan, Bush Sr., Bush Sr.. Then Junior came along and the party hasn't been the same since.
Actually, Obama has a couple redeeming qualities but voting for him is not appealing at all. Seriously. Other than their views on GLB / Dodd-Frank and offshoring loopholes, what is the difference between the two?
it seems like the choices get worse every year.

The real reason is that you're a leftwing parasite sucking on the government tit.

Wonderful.

I would suggest before the Democrats spend so much time and effort telling the Republicans what is wrong with their party you take a real serious honest look at your own. If you do you will discover the Democratic party really does not have any better record for dealing with the nations problems than the Republicans do.

There is a LOT I think the Dems have done poorly. ObamaCare is a prime example. But overall and for this election, I find the Dems positions, actions etc.... MUCH better than the Repubs during the last couple of years and currently.

So, want to be specific? As you notice, I do not insult (unless insulted first) and although I may challenge them, I can respect differing views.

Anyone who thinks the Demox have done better is a moron. Dems have run this country into the toilet. Obama and the Dims are spending money like there is no tomorrow, and what have got to show for it, Solyndra?

Well I provided links for those who didn't think these things were "common knowledge". Now here's what you do to verify them as facts. See those blue letters? Yeah those. Click on them! They are what's called "links". Aren't they nice? So it's not that an old tool was used, it's that a tool couldn't figure out how to use a link. :)

Only a moron believes a link proves some claim is a fact. I can find you a million links that prove bigfoot exists.

Dependent Illogic is one of the biggest attention whores here... apparently he was spanked a lot as a child. He's a far left nutjob who for watever reason thinks he's fooling people into believing he's something other than a far left nutjob.

Last edited:

Wonderful.

Independent Logic, Planned Parenthood is an important member of the American community, and its history began as a private clinic in Brooklyn, NY with the founder at first being jailed. If it is placed back in the private sector, I'm pretty certain there are enough private citizens to well fund it for those who need such a service.

It's the American thing to do. Private matters belong in the private funding sector. The government has busybodies eager to find out other people's information so they can hurt them at election time. It's nobody's business, certainly not a nosey politician like Hillary (900FBI Files & I Forget) Clinton.

Just sayin'. :eusa_whistle:

If you're pissed off we're happy!

What the GOP seems to claim...

Two ConservaRepubs, two post with absolutely nothing on issues - exactly as I predicted. You guys are pretty intent on proving me correct, aren't you?

Look, I'm not a Republican but your assessment of what "seems" to be the case is so full of hyperbole, distortions, and a the convenient omission of situations in which the Dems are equally culpable, it's hard to take any of it seriously. I'd love to help you slam the actions and policies of those who fancy themselves central planners from either party but your bias is so overwhelming, and your 'list' so long and rambling, I can't muster the effort to even begin. Maybe next time.

Three posts. Zero issues even discussed. If any of you would care to take a crack at an issue, you just let me know. :)

We are holding our comments on topic until we see some independent thought and logical premise.

Dependent Illogic is one of the biggest attention whores here... apparently he was spanked a lot as a child. He's a far left nutjob who for watever reason thinks he's fooling people into believing he's something other than a far left nutjob.

Are you ever going to post about anything but ME? I mean I get it. You're weak on facts, issues etc... but constantly trying to get my attention is sort of "weird". Do you have a crush or something?
Do you dispute that the Ryan Budget says a best case scenario is 40 years - and still doesn't even idientify which loopholes will be eliminated?
Oh wait, that's right. You don't do issues or topics. NM.

The real reason is that you're a leftwing parasite sucking on the government tit.

Hmmm. I own a business, emply others, don't receive any government assistance in any form. Yes. This would be as intelligent and insightful as all of your post.
Do you dispute that the Ryan Budget says a best case scenario is 40 years - and still doesn't even idientify which loopholes will be eliminated?

Wonderful.

Wonderful.

Independent Logic, Planned Parenthood is an important member of the American community, and its history began as a private clinic in Brooklyn, NY with the founder at first being jailed. If it is placed back in the private sector, I'm pretty certain there are enough private citizens to well fund it for those who need such a service.

It's the American thing to do. Private matters belong in the private funding sector. The government has busybodies eager to find out other people's information so they can hurt them at election time. It's nobody's business, certainly not a nosey politician like Hillary (900FBI Files & I Forget) Clinton.

Just sayin'. :eusa_whistle:

Ah. An intelligent post that addresses issues instead of discussing me! How refreshing!
Okay so putting PP back in the private sector. Reducing spending by .000000000000001% that really seems like more pandering to emotions than a serious effort to try to reduce spending. And the effect will most likely end up with more unwed teens on welfare.
However, cutting funding from say, NPR and PBS would seem much more viable to me. No health issues or consequences. It's just entertainment. The Rural Electrification Bureau! WTF! They are telling us we still need to spend the $$$$ to make sure the country folks get electriticty???? Seems like that one was tackled a LONG time ago. just a couple examples.

If you're pissed off we're happy!

Two ConservaRepubs, two post with absolutely nothing on issues - exactly as I predicted. You guys are pretty intent on proving me correct, aren't you?

Look, I'm not a Republican but your assessment of what "seems" to be the case is so full of hyperbole, distortions, and a the convenient omission of situations in which the Dems are equally culpable, it's hard to take any of it seriously. I'd love to help you slam the actions and policies of those who fancy themselves central planners from either party but your bias is so overwhelming, and your 'list' so long and rambling, I can't muster the effort to even begin. Maybe next time.

Three posts. Zero issues even discussed. If any of you would care to take a crack at an issue, you just let me know. :)

We are holding our comments on topic until we see some independent thought and logical premise.

Gee how clever and original! Another post about me.

Seems to be a recognizable pattern here.

I've actually got legitimate reasons to vote GOP. Hell I could do a better job of making a case for the GOP than the weak crap I've seen in this thread so far.
But the positions on GLB / Dodd-Frank, offshoring etc... are about the only differences I see worth casting a vote over. Otherwise, they don't look all that different.

Into scams? Be a Democrat, or better, be a Republican.

Republicans know why they steal, a lot. Democrats can't stop stealing, once they start.

Wonderful.

more damn drama queen bullshit from the left.

Are you ever going to post about anything but ME?

Well, all you ever seem to do is post about you....Fair is fair....:lol:

Forum List

Back