What should the Christian response be to the Syrian refugees?

What should the Christian response be to the Syrian refugees?

• Compassion over safety

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Safety over compassion

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Safety and compassion

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Just let them in, we'll deal with the safety bridge when we get to it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TemplarKormac

Political Atheist
Mar 30, 2013
The Land of Sanctuary
I've been struggling with this, believe it or not. What should the Christian response be to the Syrian refugees?

Safety over Compassion?

Compassion over Safety?

Or safety and compassion?

Is it that dangerous ? ONE out of the 12 Paris attackers MAY have been a refugee.

Seems to me that France and Belgium nationals are the bigger threat .

Bishops’ Migration Chair: U.S. Should Welcome Syrian Refugees, Work For Peace

I am disturbed, however, by calls from both federal and state officials for an end to the resettlement of Syrian refugees in the United States. These refugees are fleeing terror themselves—violence like we have witnessed in Paris. They are extremely vulnerable families, women, and children who are fleeing for their lives. We cannot and should not blame them for the actions of a terrorist organization.

Moreover, refugees to this country must pass security checks and multiple interviews before entering the United States—more than any arrival to the United States. It can take up to two years for a refugee to pass through the whole vetting process. We can look at strengthening the already stringent screening program, but we should continue to welcome those in desperate need.

Polyester Christians . Total fakes with their a le carte religious beliefs . " I'll take the gay hating , not not the help the poor and downtrodden part. "

Polyester Christians . Total fakes with their a le carte religious beliefs . " I'll take the gay hating , not not the help the poor and downtrodden part. "
It's easy to be brave when bashing gays, not so easy to be brave when it really, really counts. That's when you find out what these people are really made of.

And now we know.

We are supposed to be the home of the brave. It says it right there in our anthem.

We have compassion but OUR SAFETY and country comes first. There are many countries in the middle east that should BE OPENING their arms to them. WHY AREN'T THEY? AND why is it being demanded that we have to take them?

set a safe place for them in their own country and give them protection there along with provisions. We can not take in all the people in the world. we are full at this time

Now you can see the difference between leaders and pandering fearmongers.

The bishops and evangelical elders are leaders.

We have compassion but OUR SAFETY and country comes first. There are many countries in the middle east that should BE OPENING their arms to them. WHY AREN'T THEY? AND why is it being demanded that we have to take them?

set a safe place for them in their own country and give them protection there along with provisions. We can not take in all the people in the world. we are full at this time
Other countries are taking in way more than we are.

And France has said they will still take in refugees despite the Paris attack.

Now if France is still taking in refugees and THEY are the ones who were attacked, why don't we?

I can't believe France has bigger balls than the "home of the brave". I just can't believe the modern day Republican has become a simpering pussy curled up in the fetal position.

Disgraceful. Utterly disgraceful.

Because those Mid East countries are a-holes run by kings .

They should be taking the front vs ISIS . By they'd rather let us do it cause we are suckers .

It's easy to be brave when bashing gays, not so easy to be brave when it really, really counts. That's when you find out what these people are really made of.

And now we know.

We are supposed to be the home of the brave. It says it right there in our anthem.

The words have been changed to 'home of special morons'.

Other countries are taking in way more than we are.

And France has said they will still take in refugees despite the Paris attack.

Now if France is still taking in refugees and THEY are the ones who were attacked, why don't we?

I can't believe France has bigger balls than the "home of the brave". I just can't believe the modern day Republican has become a simpering pussy curled up in the fetal position.

Disgraceful. Utterly disgraceful.
How many of their "fellow" muslim nations have taken any?
You are pointing a finger at one group and guess what? The other three point right back at you.

You know, out of the over 20 thousand refugees that applied, only around 12 thousand were taken in. Of those 12 thousand or so that were taken in, less than 15 have been found to have possible terrorist inclinations and were deported back to the ME.

None of those who came here as refugees have ever done a terrorist attack against this country thus far.

They don't come in here immediately, there is an 18 to 24 month vetting process that must be completed (with screenings from DHS and Human Services as well as others) before the refugees are even allowed to cross the border to this country.

I say we keep with what we've been doing, and continue to vet them as we currently do, because making more regulations and hoops to jump through requires more government workers and makes the process more expensive. I thought conservatives were against big government.

And by the way, nobody is "forcing" us to take in refugees, they are asking. We still have the choice to allow them or not.

You know, out of the over 20 thousand refugees that applied, only around 12 thousand were taken in. Of those 12 thousand or so that were taken in, less than 15 have been found to have possible terrorist inclinations and were deported back to the ME.

None of those who came here as refugees have ever done a terrorist attack against this country thus far.

They don't come in here immediately, there is an 18 to 24 month vetting process that must be completed (with screenings from DHS and Human Services as well as others) before the refugees are even allowed to cross the border to this country.

I say we keep with what we've been doing, and continue to vet them as we currently do, because making more regulations and hoops to jump through requires more government workers and makes the process more expensive. I thought conservatives were against big government.

And by the way, nobody is "forcing" us to take in refugees, they are asking. We still have the choice to allow them or not.

^^^^^^^
Here is a special kind of moron now.

I've been struggling with this, believe it or not. What should the Christian response be to the Syrian refugees?

Safety over Compassion?

Compassion over Safety?

Or safety and compassion?

Where do you see a "safety" issue?

The poll makes no sense -- every single choice invokes "safety". It's like polling "Toyotas over kumquats? Kumquats over Toyotas? Buy a Toyota and deal with the kumquat later?"

:dunno:

It only takes ONE government employee to say NO! President Trump.

Forum List

Back