What should the Christian response be to the Syrian refugees?

What should the Christian response be to the Syrian refugees?

• Compassion over safety

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Safety over compassion

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Safety and compassion

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Just let them in, we'll deal with the safety bridge when we get to it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Don't scapegoat Syrian refugees, religious leaders say

Two of the country's largest and most influential religious groups, the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops and the National Association of Evangelicals, are urging the United States not to halt the resettlement of Syrian refugees after the deadly terrorist attack in Paris last Friday.

The Right is only religious when it is politically convenient.
And the Left are never religious? Or only when it's politically convenient?
False comparison fallacy.

Most on 'the left' take no issue with affording the refugees asylum, consistent with their Christian faith.

For the most part this is a conundrum for conservatives, who are hostile to the refugees either as a consequence of their unwarranted fear or bigotry; or hostile to the refugees because they perceive it as an effective political weapon to use against the president and democrats – where both positions are inconsistent with conservatives' Christian faith.
:lol:
Incorrigible, I tell ya
:lmao:
It's only a "comparison fallacy" because it was based on a false premise
:cuckoo:

Take in the women and children. The men of fighting age will be immediately drafted into the military, trained and sent back to the middle east as the necessary ground troops to fight for their own country.

The American Christian response to all crises in the world, whether it be the earthquake in Haiti or genocide in Africa is to send money and even adopt children. American Christians lead the world in charity.

But like I said before, politics is the practical expression of the human survival instinct.
Politics is war by other means.

Yet another example of the left's never ending hypocritical search for hypocrisy in the Christian conservative world. The dirty little secret is that you can never call a left winger a social hypocrite because lefties espouse no claim of family or religious values. Second only to Jews (they burned a captured Jewish pilot alive in a freaking cage) Christians are the next target for jihad maniacs. If Christians refuse to admit jihad maniacs to the U.S. the radical left quickly plays the hypocrite card as if they even care about what Christians think. It's a no win poll designed by and for left wing fools.

The American Christian response to all crises in the world, whether it be the earthquake in Haiti or genocide in Africa is to send money and even adopt children. American Christians lead the world in charity.

But like I said before, politics is the practical expression of the human survival instinct.

Yeah, 'cause that's what Jesus would do...send some money.

Which Syrian Refugee would Jesus refuse?

Would it be the 2nd grader learning English who finally doesn't wet the bed and wake screaming in terror every night?

For Syrian refugees in U.S., fear gives way to hope

Would it be the 2nd grader learning English who finally doesn't wet the bed and wake screaming in terror every night?

^^^^^^^
Another 'special moron' channeling Jesus........

I've been struggling with this, believe it or not. What should the Christian response be to the Syrian refugees?

Safety over Compassion?

Compassion over Safety?

Or safety and compassion?

Has it occurred to you that maybe safety and compassion are not mutually exclusive? I'd like you not to kill me to prove your compassion if that's OK with you

^^^^^^^

You don't have to channel Jesus. You can read the things he's supposed to have said.

^^^^^^^

You don't have to channel Jesus. You can read the things he's supposed to have said.

And didn't say. Jesus never said that you have to believe in his physical body to go to heavan

Two of the country's largest and most influential religious groups, the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops and the National Association of Evangelicals, are urging the United States not to halt the resettlement of Syrian refugees after the deadly terrorist attack in Paris last Friday.

The left aren't the ones claiming to be the greatest Christians the world has ever seen. That'd be the right.

The left aren't the ones claiming to be the greatest Christians the world has ever seen. That'd be the right.
Links? Quotes?
:eusa_hand:

I just love it when Godless liberals tell christians how to act.........
Wrong.

This is as ignorant as it is stupid.

The vast majority of 'liberals' are Christian, an even larger majority are persons of faith.

You are all people of faith, liberalism makes no logical sense and isn't supported by any empirical data, you can only believe it on faith

I just love it when Godless liberals tell christians how to act.........
Wrong.

This is as ignorant as it is stupid.

The vast majority of 'liberals' are Christian, an even larger majority are persons of faith.

Then why do they wish to endorse abortion and take prayer out of schools and continually bash the right wing, but only when convenient?

Forum List

Back