What should be done with Sanctuary Cities?

Nothing should be done. Well strip them of the federal funds given to them to enforce federal immigration laws.
That is the best answer I have heard yet. However, keep in mind that a sanctuary city doesn't represent the whole state. Other parts of the state might be enforcing Federal Immigration laws so yo wouldn't want to penalize them. Further, distribution of Federal funds starts from the State level, not the municipal level. In most cases punitive access by the feds to the sanctuary city is buffered by the state in which it is located.

If the state refuses to allocate the money as the feds want, then the feds, ie Trump doesn't have to give them shit.

States can NOT be given money just as easily as cities.
Most Blue states could function quite well without federal help. These states supply most of the tax based income for the feds. I am not so sure the feds would want to start an "economic civil war" because the feds could stand to lose a lot more than they pay out in that scenario.

Nothing should be done. Well strip them of the federal funds given to them to enforce federal immigration laws.
That is the best answer I have heard yet. However, keep in mind that a sanctuary city doesn't represent the whole state. Other parts of the state might be enforcing Federal Immigration laws so yo wouldn't want to penalize them. Further, distribution of Federal funds starts from the State level, not the municipal level. In most cases punitive access by the feds to the sanctuary city is buffered by the state in which it is located.

If the state refuses to allocate the money as the feds want, then the feds, ie Trump doesn't have to give them shit.

States can NOT be given money just as easily as cities.
Most Blue states could function quite well without federal help. These states supply most of the tax based income for the feds. I am not so sure the feds would want to start an "economic civil war" because the feds could stand to lose a lot more than they pay out in that scenario.

Then when Trump shuts off the money, you'll be supportive of that, and dismiss any panic monger as lies?

Good.

Also, shutting off the money is step ONE.

The time has come for a real discussion about these cities. Just how much Federal funding has gone to keep these "cities" functioning?

Should our budget keep and protect people who are not citizens of this country and, by definition, have broken our laws?

We have a deficit and many want more and more government intervention into their affairs, costing astronomical amounts of money. We have a deficit. We have to cut back and foolishly susidizing those illegals that broke our laws to come is nonsensical.

How do you feel?

Create an income tax surplus of $1,000 for every city resident until they comply. According to the supreme court, you can tax anything since it's a tax

The time has come for a real discussion about these cities. Just how much Federal funding has gone to keep these "cities" functioning?

Should our budget keep and protect people who are not citizens of this country and, by definition, have broken our laws?

We have a deficit and many want more and more government intervention into their affairs, costing astronomical amounts of money. We have a deficit. We have to cut back and foolishly susidizing those illegals that broke our laws to come is nonsensical.

How do you feel?

Create an income tax surplus of $1,000 for every city resident until they comply. According to the supreme court, you can tax anything since it's a tax

LOL!!! And raise it a thousand a year, until they do as they are fucking told.

How do you feel?

LOL!!! And raise it a thousand a year, until they do as they are fucking told.

I'm OK with that, but I don't think the second year would be necessary

How do you feel?

Seems pretty simple to me. If Denver PD arrests a guy, lets just call him Nigel Churchill and find that he is a British citizen who is here illegally on an expired visa and was arrested for..lets say Criminal trespassing…If they Notify ICE to come and get him they should be reimbursed for however long it takes the feds to come and get Nigel but they shouldn’t let him go since he is breaking the law. If they let him go, knowing he is here illegally; whoever made the decision to let him go should be charged with dereliction of duty for starters.

I agree but, If there was a crime committed that Nigel was a witness to, he should not be afraid because of a threat of deportation to offer testimony. Or if he was a victim of a crime he should not be afraid because of a threat of deportation to report the crime.

How do you feel?

Seems pretty simple to me. If Denver PD arrests a guy, lets just call him Nigel Churchill and find that he is a British citizen who is here illegally on an expired visa and was arrested for..lets say Criminal trespassing…If they Notify ICE to come and get him they should be reimbursed for however long it takes the feds to come and get Nigel but they shouldn’t let him go since he is breaking the law. If they let him go, knowing he is here illegally; whoever made the decision to let him go should be charged with dereliction of duty for starters.

I agree but, If there was a crime committed that Nigel was a witness to, he should not be afraid because of a threat of deportation to offer testimony. Or if he was a victim of a crime he should not be afraid because of a threat of deportation to report the crime.

As was said by Truman Capote..the problem with living outside the law is that you no longer enjoy the protection of it. Nigel had every opportunity to renew his visa. He chose not to do it. I’m sorry but if you drive with an invalid license, you’re breaking the law. If you dispense drugs and your pharmacist license is out of date, you’re breaking the law. If you are in the nation past the expiration date of your visa and have not made the necessary arrangements for renewal; you are breaking the law. Nigel is a good fit for the cross-hairs of Johnny Law.

If they don't stop, arrest the officials in charge.

How do you feel?

As was said by Truman Capote..the problem with living outside the law is that you no longer enjoy the protection of it. Nigel had every opportunity to renew his visa. He chose not to do it. I’m sorry but if you drive with an invalid license, you’re breaking the law. If you dispense drugs and your pharmacist license is out of date, you’re breaking the law. If you are in the nation past the expiration date of your visa and have not made the necessary arrangements for renewal; you are breaking the law. Nigel is a good fit for the cross-hairs of Johnny Law.

Rudy Giuliani has a long record of defending and advocating for undocumented immigrants as mayor of New York City, a CNN KFile review of his public statements as mayor reveals.

His past positions are directly at odds with President-elect Donald Trump's stated immigration policy, which is to end so-called sanctuary cities and deport millions of undocumented immigrants.

Rudy Giuliani fought federal government to defend undocumented immigrants as NYC mayor - CNNPolitics.com

In the end, Nigel will not report any crimes so more criminals will be free to commit more crimes in the cities making it less safe for all citizens of those cities.

Forum List

Back