Are Northern LibProg Sanctuary Big Cities et al Interfering with Interstate Commerce (Transportation)?

Kondor3

Cafeteria Centrist
Jul 29, 2009
Illinois, USA
Article 1, Section 8, Clause 3 says: "...The Congress shall have Power . . . To regulate Commerce..."
Narrative from Cornell Law School ...

And the Interstate Commerce Act (1887) correlates Commerce and Transportation...
Narrative on US Senate website

So...

If Northern LibProg Sanctuary Cities (and their collar suburbs ) pass local laws to prohibit or severely restrict transport of Illegal Aliens to their towns...

And especially if those Cities (or even States) do not treat other types of passenger commerce (transportation) equally...

And given that charter buses and charter airplanes and charter trains etc. are acting as contractors and/or agents on behalf of the State of Texas...

May it not be said that these Sanctuary Cities and environs are interfering with Interstate Commerce?

Leading to the conclusion that such local laws are UNCONSTITUTIONAL and that seizures of contractor buses and other vehicles is illegal?

I find myself wondering whether the State of Texas or bus operators would have standing (and a good chance) in Federal court over all of this?

Article 1, Section 8, Clause 3 says: "...The Congress shall have Power . . . To regulate Commerce..."
Narrative from Cornell Law School ...

And the Interstate Commerce Act (1887) correlates Commerce and Transportation...
Narrative on US Senate website

So...

If Northern LibProg Sanctuary Cities (and their collar suburbs ) pass local laws to prohibit or severely restrict transport of Illegal Aliens to their towns...

And especially if those Cities (or even States) do not treat other types of passenger commerce (transportation) equally...

And given that charter buses and charter airplanes and charter trains etc. are acting as contractors and/or agents on behalf of the State of Texas...

May it not be said that these Sanctuary Cities and environs are interfering with Interstate Commerce?

Leading to the conclusion that such local laws are UNCONSTITUTIONAL and that seizures of contractor buses and other vehicles is illegal?

I find myself wondering whether the State of Texas or bus operators would have standing (and a good chance) in Federal court over all of this?
no.

They’re trying to stop human trafficking.

no.

They’re trying to stop human trafficking.
The trafficking has already occurred the moment they cross the US southern border.

This is merely transport to environments that have declared themselves as Sanctuaries for such folk.

Sanctuaries that are receiving a tiny fraction of what Border States themselves historically and presently endure.

Nice try, though.

The trafficking has already occurred the moment they cross the US southern border.

This is merely transport to environments that have declared themselves as Sanctuaries for such folk.

Sanctuaries that are receiving a tiny fraction of what Border States themselves historically and presently endure.

Nice try, though.
No such declaration was made...ever. You're simply lying.

No such declaration was made...ever. You're simply lying.
You are splitting hairs and wordsmithing in the face of existing relevant statute, common knowledge and operational Reality.

It's not going to do you the slightest bit of good... :auiqs.jpg: :itsok:

Just as it is not going to do your Northern LibProg Sanctuary Cities the slightest bit of good in the law courts if it comes to that.

We ARE, after all, "a nation of laws", and I DO love it so when the law can be made to work against Illegal Alien lovers. :abgg2q.jpg:

You are splitting hairs and wordsmithing in the face of existing relevant statute, common knowledge and operational Reality.
What word did I "wordsmith"
It's not going to do you the slightest bit of good... :auiqs.jpg:
:itsok:
The human trafficker is about to get expelled from the GOP Primary after Iowa. Its a win for all Americans.
Just as it is not going to do your Northern LibProg Sanctuary Cities the slightest bit of good in the law courts if it comes to that.

We ARE, after all, "a nation of laws", and I DO love it so when the law can be made to work against Illegal Alien lovers. :abgg2q.jpg:

Did you love Trump's 91 indictments? I did.
Did you love 1000 arrests for the 1/6 insurrection? I did
Did you love the multiple court cases Texas has lost doing the crazy shit they're trying on the border? I did.

We are a nation of laws. When MAGA violates them (or anyone else for that matter), I love to see justice prevail. Hopefully soon the Feds will bring charges against InSantis and Abbott for human trafficking. I'll love that too.

What word did I "wordsmith"
"Declaration", used as metaphor for relevant "Welcoming City" statute.
The human trafficker is about to get expelled from the GOP Primary after Iowa. Its a win for all Americans.
Your IFF needs adjusting. The traffickers are the Mexican and Central American cartels involved in all of this.
Did you love Trump's 91 indictments? I did. Did you love 1000 arrests for the 1/6 insurrection? I did
Irrelevant to whether or not Northern LibProg Sanctuary Cities are interfering with Interstate Commerce.
Did you love the multiple court cases Texas has lost doing the crazy shit they're trying on the border? I did.
Yes. I'm sure you did. That's why they're shipping them North now en masse.
We are a nation of laws. When MAGA violates them (or anyone else for that matter), I love to see justice prevail.
Indeed. Then you should truly love it if-and-when Sanctuary Cities get hammered for interfering with Interstate Commerce.
Hopefully soon the Feds will bring charges against InSantis and Abbott for human trafficking. I'll love that too.
The Dems don't have enough time left before the November 2024 general election to even seriously contemplate doing so.

The Dems are sooooooo far behind-the-eight-ball with Middle America about Illegal Aliens at-present that they don't dare.

Not if they want to have even a snowball's-chance-in-hell of winning.

And even if the Dems WERE stupid enough to try hammering Abbot before the election...

He and the State of Texas would keep such actions-at-law tied-up in the law-courts long enough to get past November. :itsok:

"Declaration", used as metaphor for relevant "Welcoming City" statute.
Ahh...now you’re just making stuff up. A “sanctuary city” is one where folks can report crimes without fear of being deported. It has nothing to do with having to accept the victims of human trafficking from backwards red state shit holes.

Ahh...now you’re just making stuff up. A “sanctuary city” is one where folks can report crimes without fear of being deported. It has nothing to do with having to accept the victims of human trafficking from backwards red state shit holes.
Meaningless legalistic reference in this context...

Meaningless nit-picking in the face of profoundly overwhelming contrary custom-and-usage in an immigration context...

Meaningless object in the face of formal recognition of the usage in established dictionaries, such as Cambridge...

sanctuary city

You lose...

Meaningless legalistic reference in this context...

Meaningless nit-picking in the face of profoundly overwhelming contrary custom-and-usage in an immigration context...

Meaningless object in the face of formal recognition of the usage in established dictionaries, such as Cambridge...

sanctuary city

You lose...
You’re the authority on being meaningless...that much is true.

Typical right wing loon-ism at it’s finest...making up your own definition.

Forum List

Back