What really important thing have you learned from being here at usmb?

There is this one thing someone said WAY back.. months ago about how when bad things happen, he doesn't get too upset anymore (my paraphrase) because it makes him pray.

I have had the same thought but it is sometimes good to hear someone else confirm such things because to this day, when something b ad happens, I usually go berserk before remembering that little bit of wisdom that poster had. So God bless you, wherever you are, whomever you are. Sometimes just remembering someone's helpful words can calm your ass down.

Then there are other things. I have learned a lot about how passionate people can be in their political views. I have noticed lately that the Rs FAR outweight the Ds in this passion of late. Gee, I wonder why?

But it bugs me that sometimes even Rs get overly passionate and say.. what I say are off the wall things.. like the death penalty in the case of the guy who killed his baby daughter. I mean it was Off with his head (or worse) before all the facts seemed to surface.. so yeh, even Rs can get "emotional" and be blinded to reason at times. i say the Rs are far more likely to snap out of it, though.. the dims never seem to evolve .. mature

just wondering what has stood out for you in posters' messages..
That not everyone is going to agree on everything EVER! Not even Democommies who do 80% march in lockstep.

I don't think it goes both ways most of the time. Most of the time it is demonrats who believe everything they hear on their demonrat-controlled media. The Rs are only guilty of this kind of thing once in a blue moon
I agree most of the time it is Leftists just accepting some flimsy justification to dismiss factual evidence. We seen perfect examples of that in my 2000 Mules thread.

I'm as baffled as ever how seemingly reasonable people from both parties can look at things so differently. As I read some of the more illogical opinions, I've realized that very often it doesn't pay to engage. At some point you realize that a conversation with them can only turn out to be a perpetual "yes it is, no it isn't' argument, with very little being learned.

I agree most of the time it is Leftists just accepting some flimsy justification to dismiss factual evidence. We seen perfect examples of that in my 2000 Mules thread.
Is the Mules video available on line.. Do you have to pay for it?

I would love to see it

I'm as baffled as ever how seemingly reasonable people from both parties can look at things so differently. As I read some of the more illogical opinions, I've realized that very often it doesn't pay to engage. At some point you realize that a conversation with them can only turn out to be a perpetual "yes it is, no it isn't' argument, with very little being learned.
4 sure. I learned that the way I have learned so much in life, the hard way.

But at least I learned it. I've seen people here engage with people when surely they must realize that person does not at all want to listen or really think about anything that is said.. True, u don't always know who does that and who is really interested in what u say.. but I've found that 97% or more of demonrats couldn't care less about any opposing view..

OK.. Commas exist (LOL) as another poster put it.
I used three of them. Can't you see them?

In any case, despite the missing comma or 2,
I'm a published wordsmith, I used all the commas actually required.

this is well said, a good summary of what leftists are about and what we have to deal with in.. well, we gave up talking to them because its like talking to a wall, literally. But we still have to fight.. Look how close the race is in GA and PA.. I mean, the D candidates in those races are literally insane.. but it is Close! What the h---------------?
Close despite the democrats spending MANY TIMES MORE in money and with the full weight of the government and media helping them. I predict that Abrams is going to get smashed in Georgia and that Oz will eek through.

What really important thing have you learned from being here at usmb?​

1666719360072.png

I used three of them. Can't you see them?

I'm a published wordsmith, I used all the commas actually required.

Close despite the democrats spending MANY TIMES MORE in money and with the full weight of the government and media helping them. I predict that Abrams is going to get smashed in Georgia and that Oz will eek through.
hope so. I had momentarily forgotten about the full weight of the government and media helping thing, so I guess I can stop being baffled. What continues to baffle me, though, is why anyone WATCHES the lying mainstream media

and if they knew what I myself know about the equally dishonest gummit, they would never vote for dims again, ever. That's a goal we Rs should h ave, making sure no one is ever stupid enough to do that again.. ever

toobfreak:

This is the only place where a comma was missing:

you said

" .. openly test their views, claims and beliefs [here. Or you could have used a dash, which I think would have been better] that way assuring their belief system is never threatened.

why anyone WATCHES the lying mainstream media
Because it is all they know, all they've used all their life, from a time when the MSM was fairly honest and not too bad, they don't know they are lying and have learned to trust it because the media attacks those who would expose them so as that their viewers either don't even bother to listen to other points of view or simply don't trust them when they do. For instance, have you ever tried listening to RAV News?

toobfreak: This is the only place where a comma was missing: you said
" .. openly test their views, claims and beliefs [here. Or you could have used a dash, which I think would have been better] that way assuring their belief system is never threatened.
Thanks for pointing out I missed a comma, but in this case, I didn't. The point of placing commas is as a pause and to set the intended inflection. In my case, the missing comma was because there WASN'T SUPPOSED to be any pause there as what followed was NOT the beginning of a new thought or phrase!

Because it is all they know, all they've used all their life, from a time when the MSM was fairly honest and not too bad, they don't know they are lying and have learned to trust it because the media attacks those who would expose them so as that their viewers either don't even bother to listen to other points of view or simply don't trust them when they do. For instance, have you ever tried listening to RAV News?

never heard of it and probably better off that way

I don't recall the msm ever being "not too bad" but maybe you are older than me.. like 120? LOL

People used to believe Walter Cronkite.. Now we are learning a few things.. can't say I know much about that, though..

Thanks for pointing out I missed a comma, but in this case, I didn't. The point of placing commas is as a pause and to set the intended inflection. In my case, the missing comma was because there WASN'T SUPPOSED to be any pause there as what followed was NOT the beginning of a new thought or phrase!
well, say what you want but the comma or dash did belong there. I got nearly 90% on a (was it 3rd year or 4th year? one or the other) college English proficiency test--before I ever even took a college English class (and I never really took one except for an introductory kind of one bc it was required, got an A).

Forum List

Back