What really important thing have you learned from being here at usmb?

notmyfault2020

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2022
There is this one thing someone said WAY back.. months ago about how when bad things happen, he doesn't get too upset anymore (my paraphrase) because it makes him pray.

I have had the same thought but it is sometimes good to hear someone else confirm such things because to this day, when something b ad happens, I usually go berserk before remembering that little bit of wisdom that poster had. So God bless you, wherever you are, whomever you are. Sometimes just remembering someone's helpful words can calm your ass down.

Then there are other things. I have learned a lot about how passionate people can be in their political views. I have noticed lately that the Rs FAR outweight the Ds in this passion of late. Gee, I wonder why?

But it bugs me that sometimes even Rs get overly passionate and say.. what I say are off the wall things.. like the death penalty in the case of the guy who killed his baby daughter. I mean it was Off with his head (or worse) before all the facts seemed to surface.. so yeh, even Rs can get "emotional" and be blinded to reason at times. i say the Rs are far more likely to snap out of it, though.. the dims never seem to evolve .. mature

just wondering what has stood out for you in posters' messages..

• Banned
I've learned that we're not going to beat dirty by fighting clean.
YES!

I can totally relate to that one and have thought so (said so). I felt "crunchy" as they say in saying/thinking that but..

If you are in the right, you should win.. I'm not saying Do just anything to win but.. well.. the demonrats do that..

so.. :dunno:

YES!

I can totally relate to that one and have thought so (said so). I felt "crunchy" as they say in saying/thinking that but..

If you are in the right, you should win.. I'm not saying Do just anything to win but.. well.. the demonrats do that..

so.. :dunno:
Just look hard at how many blues are going red.

We win.

• Banned
How easily intelligent people can be manipulated by TV and social media. That goes both ways.
I don't think it goes both ways most of the time. Most of the time it is demonrats who believe everything they hear on their demonrat-controlled media. The Rs are only guilty of this kind of thing once in a blue moon

I don't think it goes both ways most of the time. Most of the time it is demonrats who believe everything they hear on their demonrat-controlled media. The Rs are only guilty of this kind of thing once in a blue moon
I see enough evidence that some of the Rightists are radicalized, but it's a drop in the bucket compared to the leftists.

Just look hard at how many blues are going red.

We win.
and so far i have no evidence we did it by cheating!

We (our candidates) just told the truth! That's all we really seem to have to do: tell the truth about how loony the loony left really is. I mean, they are known for tripping on their own 2 left feet

I see enough evidence that some of the Rightists are radicalized, but it's a drop in the bucket compared to the leftists.
well, 2 things are mentioned here: radicalization and manipulation (allowing oneself to be manipulated by the media).

Re the latter: I have often wondered at some of the things I have heard on Fox News.. just wondered if I should believe what was being said in a 100% kind of way just because (have to admit) I wanted to believe it.

But hey... at least I wonder about such things. Some people never want to admit that maybe they are being too.. brainwashed, too gullible, too easily led (by their desire to believe something or other)

well, 2 things are mentioned here: radicalization and manipulation (allowing oneself to be manipulated by the media).

Re the latter: I have often wondered at some of the things I have heard on Fox News.. just wondered if I should believe what was being said in a 100% kind of way just because (have to admit) I wanted to believe it.

But hey... at least I wonder about such things. Some people never want to admit that maybe they are being too.. brainwashed, too gullible, too easily led (by their desire to believe something or other)
I fight it all the time -- the right wing fearmongering.

That hard far lefties are total cement-heads impervious to reason, debate or facts. They have been so conditioned by stalinist lies and propaganda, that they have been taught to automatically reject anything which might even possibly shake their acquired ideology, and one of the best ways they use for that is to accuse everyone else of the very things they do literally AS they do it and to then reject all offers to openly test their views, claims and beliefs that way assuring their belief system is never threatened.

I fight it all the time -- the right wing fearmongering.
yes, I would use that word to describe SOME of what is said on FOX News but on the other hand, they do this kind of thing in a (OMG OMG, say the leftists) fact-based way. They tell us the truth. They have not been sued for lying a fraction as much (if at all?) as cnn..

So i don't think we are being brainwashed.. and sometimes maybe some opinion Fox hosts may go a little overboard in his/her enthusiasm for some candidate or another but look what we have to deal with? We are fighting Satan himself.. and people out there can go ahead and laugh at my outdated notion that there is a devil but..

one thing comes to mind RE that: can anyone seriously doubt there is a Satan... after 2020?

I mean, seriously.. (not to mention all the bizarre things said by radical leftists RE the abortion issue! :uhoh3:)

Yes, Virginia, there is such a thing as supernatural evil

yes, I would use that word to describe SOME of what is said on FOX News but on the other hand, they do this kind of thing in a (OMG OMG, say the leftists) fact-based way. They tell us the truth. They have not been sued for lying a fraction as much (if at all?) as cnn..

So i don't think we are being brainwashed.. and sometimes maybe some opinion Fox hosts may go a little overboard in his/her enthusiasm for some candidate or another but look what we have to deal with? We are fighting Satan himself.. and people out there can go ahead and laugh at my outdated notion that there is a devil but..

one thing comes to mind RE that: can anyone seriously doubt there is a Satan... after 2020?

I mean, seriously.. (not to mention all the bizarre things said by radical leftists RE the abortion issue! :uhoh3:)

Yes, Virginia, there is such a thing as supernatural evil
Millions of murdered children agree with you.

That hard far lefties are total cement-heads impervious to reason, debate or facts. They have been so conditioned by stalinist lies and propaganda, that they have been taught to automatically reject anything which might even possibly shake their acquired ideology, and one of the best ways they use for that is to accuse everyone else of the very things they do literally AS they do it and to then reject all offers to openly test their views, claims and beliefs that way assuring their belief system is never threatened.
OK.. Commas exist (LOL) as another poster put it. But I was actually able to u/stand you perfectly regardless, which cannot always be said of the intellectually-challenged (redundancy alert) leftists..

In any case, despite the missing comma or 2, this is well said, a good summary of what leftists are about and what we have to deal with in.. well, we gave up talking to them because its like talking to a wall, literally. But we still have to fight.. Look how close the race is in GA and PA.. I mean, the D candidates in those races are literally insane.. but it is Close! What the h---------------?

That is so scary..

That many old axioms still hold true. ;)

R.5339d197268e4e8bb40fcf3e4cab8934

Forum List

Back