What Real Successes Have the GOP had in the 21st Century??

Let's split them up.
I didn't see where President Trump was vetting JFK Jr. For VP.
Can you source me on that?
Thanks.
You're really going to PRETEND that QAnon wasn't running around peddling falsehoods that JFK Jr was going to "come back" and somehow join Trump?

Are you really THAT dishonest?!??

You're really going to PRETEND that QAnon wasn't running around peddling falsehoods that JFK Jr was going to "come back" and somehow join Trump?

Are you really THAT dishonest?!??

I'm always honest.
I hadn't heard anything about JFK JR being alive or running with President Trump.
So, after I hit "post reply" to you I searched - Trump wants JFK for VP.
Every result returned included Q-Anon.
So that's why I hadn't heard of it, it is not a real-world thing.
I have heard of Q-Anon, he is not real life.

that is why when you said - "fellow Republica patriots" I was at a loss.

Last edited:
Money from Mexico and JFK Jr.

You JUST posted it.

Let's do the Mexico thing now.

President Trump nor any Republican ever indicated that the Treasury of Mexico was going to sit down and make out a check payable to the US Government in response to an invoice for the wall.
It was always going to be repaid indirectly.
Honest people, even those against the wall would have accepted that.

It sure is, a simple lie, for the past 42 years, wash rinse, repeat.

December 24 2017
President Trump kicked off his holiday weekend at Mar-a-Lago Friday night at a dinner where he told friends, "You all just got a lot richer," referencing the sweeping tax overhaul he signed into law hours earlier. Mr. Trump directed those comments to friends dining nearby at the exclusive club -- including to two friends at a table near the president's.

July 10 2018
The Republican tax cut created a windfall for Corporate America. The legislation slashed the corporate tax rate to 21% from 35%. It also gave companies a tax break on foreign profits that they return to the United States.

The tax law and strong economy have combined to fuel record profits. CEOs are choosing to use a large chunk of that money to reward shareholders.

S&P 500 companies repurchased $189 billion worth of stock during the first quarter, topping the record set in 2007, according to S&P Dow Jones Indices. Apple (AAPL) alone bought back $22.8 billion of its stock, the most of any company in any quarter in US history.

April 11 2019
At least 60 companies reported that their 2018 federal tax rates amounted to effectively zero, or even less than zero, on income earned on U.S. operations, according to an analysis released today by the Washington, D.C.-based think tank, the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy. The number is more than twice as many as ITEP found roughly, per year, on average in an earlier, multi-year analysis before the new tax law went into effect.

The identified companies were “able to zero out their federal income taxes on $79 billion in U.S. pretax income.”

Among them are household names like technology giant Amazon.com Inc. and entertainment streaming service Netflix Inc., in addition to global oil giant Chevron Corp., pharmaceutical manufacturer Eli Lilly & Co., and farming and commercial equipment manufacturer Deere & Co.

January 14 2021
One of President Donald Trump’s lesser known but profoundly damaging legacies will be the explosive rise in the national debt that occurred on his watch. The financial burden that he’s inflicted on our government will wreak havoc for decades, saddling our kids and grandkids with debt.

The national debt has risen by almost $7.8 trillion during Trump’s time in office. That’s nearly twice as much as what Americans owe on student loans, car loans, credit cards and every other type of debt other than mortgages, combined, according to data from the Federal Reserve Bank of New York. It amounts to about $23,500 in new federal debt for every person in the country.

President Donald Trump paid just $750 in federal income taxes the year he ran for president and in his first year in the White House, according to a report Sunday in The New York Times.

Trump, who has fiercely guarded his tax filings and is the only president in modern times not to make them public, paid no federal income taxes in 10 of the past 15 years.

The Republican tax cut created a windfall for Corporate America. The legislation slashed the corporate tax rate to 21% from 35%.

So it was finally competitive, instead of the highest in the world.

It also gave companies a tax break on foreign profits that they return to the United States.

Leaving it overseas meant a US tax rate of 0%.

S&P 500 companies repurchased $189 billion worth of stock during the first quarter, topping the record set in 2007, according to S&P Dow Jones Indices. Apple (AAPL) alone bought back $22.8 billion of its stock, the most of any company in any quarter in US history.

Awesome! More money in the hands of the people.

At least 60 companies reported that their 2018 federal tax rates amounted to effectively zero, or even less than zero, on income earned on U.S. operations, according to an analysis released today by the Washington, D.C.-based think tank, the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy.

First year 100% expensing is great!!!

When Adolf Hitler took power in 1933, the Nazis controlled less than three percent of Germany’s 4,700 papers.

The elimination of the German multi-party political system brought about the demise of hundreds of newspapers produced by outlawed political parties. It also allowed the state to seize the printing plants and equipment of the Communist and Social Democratic Parties, which were often turned over directly to the Nazi Party. In the following months, the Nazis established control or exerted influence over independent press organs.

During the first weeks of 1933, the Nazi regime deployed the radio, press, and newsreels to stoke fears of a pending “Communist uprising,” then channeled popular anxieties into political measures that eradicated civil liberties and democracy. SA (Storm Troopers) and members of the Nazi elite paramilitary formation, the SS, took to the streets to brutalize or arrest political opponents and incarcerate them in hastily established detention centers and concentration camps. Nazi thugs broke into opposing political party offices, destroying printing presses and newspapers.

Since returning to power in 2010, Orbán has unceasingly attacked media pluralism and independence. After public broadcasting was turned into a propaganda organ, many private media were taken over or silenced. The ruling party, Fidesz, has seized de facto control of 80% of the country’s media through political-economic manoeuvres and the purchase of news organisations by friendly oligarchs.

On March 28, Novaya Gazeta, one of Russia’s oldest independent newspapers, announced it was suspending operations until the conclusion of the war in Ukraine. It had just received a second warning for alleged violations of the country’s foreign agent law from Roskomnadzor, Russia’s federal media censor, which could potentially result in a full shutdown. Since the start of the war, the Russian government has blocked or shut down all remaining independent sources of information in Russia, including the liberal radio station Ekho Moskvy, the television channel TV Rain, and the bilingual news website Meduza.

Republicans, following the authoritarian playbook.

Which of your propaganda papers are you worried about now?

The Republican tax cut created a windfall for Corporate America. The legislation slashed the corporate tax rate to 21% from 35%.

So it was finally competitive, instead of the highest in the world.

It also gave companies a tax break on foreign profits that they return to the United States.

Leaving it overseas meant a US tax rate of 0%.

Awesome! More money in the hands of the people.

At least 60 companies reported that their 2018 federal tax rates amounted to effectively zero, or even less than zero, on income earned on U.S. operations, according to an analysis released today by the Washington, D.C.-based think tank, the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy.

First year 100% expensing is great!!!

Leftists believe that the purpose of taxation is just to punish success and achievement.

So - if 2020 wasn't stolen. how would you label it?
Given that multiple states changed the way that they counted ballots without legally changing the way that they counted ballots - definitely had an effect. An effect that no reasonable person should have felt comfortable with
I would call it ballot manipulation, and I’d suggest that both parties have used legal and less than legal means to do it over time and right up to the current day. It’s allowed to occur because we are so divided philosophically that no party holds any moral high ground and it’s all about power not Right and Wrong.
I don't think that it was a whiney baby festival - it really seemed more like a tailgate or a pep rally in a show of support that was commandeered by outside forces.
It is all in the timing, the timing is crucial
I believe it was more than a pep rally. I also believe there were bad actors on both sides in that crowd. People who really wanted to see blood on the granite floor of the rotunda and others who were working to make the Pro-Trump crowd look bad. Again it comes back to the philosophical and ideological chasm in this country.
I do agree that there is only a slim chance that The Republic can be restored through legal channels. I don't know if we have the will though
I totally agree. I’m not sure there are enough people on either side willing to do what would be necessary for their “team” to decisively take control once and for all. In some ways that’s great and in others it’s utterly disheartening.

So as far as I can tell, Republicans can not point to any substantive successes and seem to think this is a good thing.

Amazing
Ending Xiden's racist 94 crime bill, ending Obama's stagflation, ending Obama's JV team caliphate, getting record low UE, getting vaccines and treatments to the market to battle the Chinese virus, exposing the Xiden crime family esponiage ring.....these are major wins for the people of America

Disclaimers: I voted for Trump in 2016. I didn’t vote for him in 2020 & would not in 2024. I do not believe the 2020 election was “stolen”; but I do believe that BOTH sides have and continue to use voting law changes and political power to disadvantage their opponents across the country.

I also believe that there are Right and Wrong options when voting at every level, whether it’s for the local dog catcher, some state ballot question, or POTUS. Unfortunately, in the last century the number of Right options on our ballots countrywide have dropped precipitously. Last fall I found NO Right options for candidates on my local ballot, so I voted NO on all the ballot questions and left the rest of the ballot blank in protest.

What happened on 1/6/21 wasn’t an insurrection. It was a whiney baby festival. The difference - an actual insurrection would have required armed people willing to actually kill to make their demands a reality. Regardless of what any group might have had in their cars or hotel rooms, they didn’t have the nerve to use it. That makes them nothing more than cowardly children crying thst they didn’t get the cherry ice pop they wanted.

Now, I believe we may need a REAL insurrection in this country sooner than later. When there are no Right options on the ballot, eventually the system needs to be torn down and rebuilt. The only way to make that happen will be by violence. That’s an unfortunate truth.
So yes then. There should be insurrection because no political candidate appeals to you or your ideas?

So yes then. There should be insurrection because no political candidate appeals to you or your ideas?
I don’t believe this country can be saved or corrected by any other means than being burned to the ground and rebuilt from the ashes. I have believed thst for decades; long before DJT was ever involved in politics.

I don’t believe this country can be saved or corrected by any other means than being burned to the ground and rebuilt from the ashes. I have believed thst for decades; long before DJT was ever involved in politics.
Great. Just keep that to yourself.

Forum List

Back