What makes someone a good person in your view?

images

A person who likes to ask questions like...

Why do you consider this a question that should be in the religion section of the forum?

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

The atonement of Jesus Christ is the only think that can make anyone good.

I try and live my life as a good, honorable, caring, sensitive, trustworthy person. It's a good thing when you get up in the morning and you can look yourself in the mirror.

Defining "good person" is the most difficult aspect of this exercise. I'd be willing to bet that those definitions are all over the map.

Is the psychopath who is smart enough to stay out of jail a good person?

Is the hero who sins a failure?

Defining a 'good person' is a matter of taste on behalf of the one doing the defining.

Defining "good person" is the most difficult aspect of this exercise. I'd be willing to bet that those definitions are all over the map.

Defining a 'good person' is a matter of taste on behalf of the one doing the defining.
How would you personally define the term?

How would you personally define the term?

Circumstances count...

Is an asshole who's good at his job no-good?

Is the complete failure who ALWAYS gives 100% of his ability good?

Who am I to judge? :eusa_eh:

Would you consider yourself to be a good person? If not, then what are you?

No. Good people care about others. They care more about others than themselves.
They do their very best in all commitments, and make sacrifices willingly and cheerfully.
They strive to keep a good attitude and are compassionate and understanding.

I'm a "situationally" good person.

Would you consider yourself to be a good person? If not, then what are you?
I have found most people I consider to be "good persons" follow high principles which includes "Do No Harm." ( as they perceive "harm" )

One bite of a hamburger makes one a participant in the violence.

On the other hand... It's survival of the most fit on a dog-eat-dog world.

Who am I to judge?
:dunno:

Interesting questions. I think what we will find is that everyone's definition of a "good person" will be exactly how each of us sees ourselves. For example my definition would be someone that cares about others and is willing to help. Someone who has an open mind and accepts people as they are with as little judgement as possible instead of trying to force them into a set of beliefs or behaviors. And someone who tries their best even though they don't always do the right thing.

That's my definition and guess who that describes? :lol: I think we are going to find a lot of that

Interesting questions. I think what we will find is that everyone's definition of a "good person" will be exactly how each of us sees ourselves. For example my definition would be someone that cares about others and is willing to help. Someone who has an open mind and accepts people as they are with as little judgement as possible instead of trying to force them into a set of beliefs or behaviors. And someone who tries their best even though they don't always do the right thing.

That's my definition and guess who that describes? :lol: I think we are going to find a lot of that

I did NOT describe myself as a good person...I was actually honest.

Forum List

Back