What makes people believe in absurd conspiracy theories?

A better question would be, why do people so stubbornly resist questioning any "official" narrative?
If You Don't Pay Students, You Get What You Pay For

The best question would be, Why do people only question it in a certain way? For example, the conspiracy "to keep the cure for cancer from us so Big Pharma can make more money from chemo." Why not question the competence of oncologists, who are sterile escapist nerds. These inhibited losers get their jobs just because they can go 12 years working without pay in college, living like teenagers afraid to grow up.

Hmm, no, there are also people on the right who ridicule you. And the left has its share of conspiracy nutballs.

Well, not all conspiracy theories are created equal. Some are obviously ridiculous like the Roswell incident but when it comes to the FBI, CIA and other secretive government organizations there's no reason not to be suspicious of them, quite the contrary actually. For example, during the 60s and 70s, the FBI was engaged in a series of covert activities targeting so called anti-government groups mainly far left or communists but also white supremacist and civil rights activists. They encouraged these groups to engage in violent protests as opposed to peaceful ones, wiretapping and blackmail and even resulted in a few murders.

And that's just the stuff we know about. Supposedly the FBI stopped using these tactics in the 70s but you'd have to be mighty fucking stupid to believe that.
haha... "suspicious".... the next time I see a conspiracy nut who is only "being suspicious" and not, instead, making up insane, untenable bullshit will be the first time. That's what makes them a conspiracy nut!

Ok. I guess you aren't interested in having a real conversation.
haha... translation: I don't like this conversation!

I directly responded to your point. This may surprise you, but you are not the first conman to try to conflate "doubt" and "suspicion" with insane assertions. Go try that parlor trick on a child, or a dense adult.

It's your hostile and smug attitude that I don't like. Seems like most of the time it's a waste of time trying to engage with people on this forum.

It's not insane to theorize, especially when the circumstances of an event such as the Vegas shooting are so unusual. Why would a man who has everything commit a mass shooting and kill himself? Paddock just doesn't fit the profile, at all.
Gene Wilder in The Producers

He fits a profile you refuse to recognize. He was an anal-retentive accountant, so hemmed in by his tedious profession that he was liable to burst at the seams in the other direction. That also explains why Enron's formerly meek inhibited accountants jumped at the chance to play high-rolling wheeler dealers.

I shouldn't get upset with ignorant people. After all,

Some people still think (or pretend to think) LHO shot JFK. Alone, no less.
Some people still think (or pretend to think) USA was right to wage war in Korea and Vietnam.

Some people still think (or pretend to think) the planes alone brought down the towers and bldg 7.
Some people still think (or pretend to think) the "elites" are basically decent people, and think the elites commit no more child sex crime than 'common' people.

Some people still think (or pretend to think) that "elites" don't conspire to gain additional power from the 'commoners'.
Some people still think (or pretend to think) that supernatural beings don't exist.

Some people still think (or pretend to think) the "sovereign" nations are not being brought down.
Some people still think (or pretend to think) the NWO - One World Government is not coming.

Some people still think (or pretend to think) the Vatican is benign. Even a force for good in the world.
Some people still think (or pretend to think) CIA dominance over "MAIN STREAM MEDIA" is unreal.

Some people still think (or pretend to think) Vatican dominance over CIA is unreal.
Some people still think (or pretend to think) CIA dominance over POTUS - State Dept is unreal.

So much willful ignorance.

Some people still think (or pretend to think) USA was right to wage war in Korea and Vietnam.

Some people still think (or pretend to think) the planes alone brought down the towers and bldg 7.
Some people still think (or pretend to think) the "elites" are basically decent people, and think the elites commit no more child sex crime than 'common' people.

Some people still think (or pretend to think) that "elites" don't conspire to gain additional power from the 'commoners'.
Some people still think (or pretend to think) that supernatural beings don't exist.

Some people still think (or pretend to think) the "sovereign" nations are not being brought down.
Some people still think (or pretend to think) the NWO - One World Government is not coming.

Some people still think (or pretend to think) the Vatican is benign. Even a force for good in the world.
Some people still think (or pretend to think) CIA dominance over "MAIN STREAM MEDIA" is unreal.

Some people still think (or pretend to think) Vatican dominance over CIA is unreal.
Some people still think (or pretend to think) CIA dominance over POTUS - State Dept is unreal.

Swe? You are an insane freak who will believe ANY ridiculous bit of fantasy. That's why freaks like you don't just believe "a conspiracy theory", or even just a few...you believe them ALL.

If you haven't personally witnessed it, or have adequate evidence, what makes you believe?

You're just a puffed up twit that thinks anyone that disagrees with your opinions is nuts.
No, it's your insane ideas that make you nuts.
No I
If you haven't personally witnessed it, or have adequate evidence, what makes you believe?

You're just a puffed up twit that thinks anyone that disagrees with your opinions is nuts.
What makes you think that anyone who disagrees with my opinion is nuts? I think that people that believe some of these insane conspiracy theories are nuts not people who disagree with my opinions.

No I

What makes you think that anyone who disagrees with my opinion is nuts? I think that people that believe some of these insane conspiracy theories are nuts not people who disagree with my opinions.
The Privilege of Establishing a Hereditary Oligarchy Is Not Seen As a Plot Against Self-Determination

Americans are brainwashed into believing in an anti-democratic document that was written behind closed doors by lawyers for the 1%, yet never call the Constitution a conspiracy.

No I

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

:udaman::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

He ALSO incredibly,thinks carter was the second worst president ever after Obama and runs off with his tail between his s legs when he is confronted with pesky facts that all presidents STARTING with Reagan going up to Bush junior,were 100 times more destructive to American than Carter ever was.:cuckoo:
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

nutball: "9/11 was an inside job!"

normal person: "No it wasn't, and, if it was, you have to explain all of this______"

nutball: "What, it's wrong to be suspicious of the government? The government is ALWAYS honest, eh? They would never lie to us, eh?"

Rinse, repeat. Every single time. Cheap tricks that only work on stupid people.

You're just an establishment shill, aren't you ? Just a POS shill. Nobody can innocently be as ignorant as you pretend to be.

they got plenty of paid shills such as him and the OP here sent to troll these forums.

Some things seem weird but can be believable, and some things are just way out there and make no sense. One conspiracy theory about 9/11 that I find interesting yet disturbing is the "False Flag" Theory. The "False Flag" theory is covert operations that are designed to appear as If they are being carried out by other entities. In this case the government attacks its own country by flying planes into the twin towers, pentagon, and who knows where that other plane was heading and blames it on al Qaeda. That could actually be possible and give us a reason to invade Iraq and Afghanistan.

To say the least, some conspiracy theories do get the mind wondering, yet are very disturbing.
Yes, accusing our own leaders of willfully murdering americans for political capital is, indeed, disturbing. It is also absurd and bizarre and deserves ridicule and condemnation.

Some Germans actually criticized Hitler during the war. What unpatriotic trash they were.

Same as Americans who criticize American leaders for such as getting USA into a war on the other side of the world against people who never did anything to USA.

What unpatriotic trash they are ..... doubting the government version of such as the "Gulf of Tonkin incident" that was used to get USA into that war.

I'll never understand why some Americans doubt the honesty and sincerity of many American leaders ..... ah the shame, the shame

you are making wayyyyy too mush sense for trolls like the OP here to comprehend these pesky little facts,hee hee.

normal person: "No it wasn't, and, if it was, you have to explain all of this______"

nutball: "What, it's wrong to be suspicious of the government? The government is ALWAYS honest, eh? They would never lie to us, eh?"

You're just an establishment shill, aren't you ? Just a POS shill. Nobody can innocently be as ignorant as you pretend to be.

they got plenty of paid shills such as him and the OP here sent to troll these forums.
If I were paid every time I smacked down some conspiracy nutball holding an empty bag, I would be a very rich man, indeed.

Some things seem weird but can be believable, and some things are just way out there and make no sense. One conspiracy theory about 9/11 that I find interesting yet disturbing is the "False Flag" Theory. The "False Flag" theory is covert operations that are designed to appear as If they are being carried out by other entities. In this case the government attacks its own country by flying planes into the twin towers, pentagon, and who knows where that other plane was heading and blames it on al Qaeda. That could actually be possible and give us a reason to invade Iraq and Afghanistan.

To say the least, some conspiracy theories do get the mind wondering, yet are very disturbing.
Yes, accusing our own leaders of willfully murdering americans for political capital is, indeed, disturbing. It is also absurd and bizarre and deserves ridicule and condemnation.

Some Germans actually criticized Hitler during the war. What unpatriotic trash they were.

Same as Americans who criticize American leaders for such as getting USA into a war on the other side of the world against people who never did anything to USA.

What unpatriotic trash they are ..... doubting the government version of such as the "Gulf of Tonkin incident" that was used to get USA into that war.

I'll never understand why some Americans doubt the honesty and sincerity of many American leaders ..... ah the shame, the shame
I am not saying I doubt the honesty of our leaders, I'm using an example referring to my question "What makes people believe in absurd conspiracy theories? And a conspiracy theory about 9/11 is "False Flag".. "False Flag" is real and it could happen. All I am saying is that some conspiracy theories are way, way out there. Some people do believe the theory "False Flag". I am just curious what makes people believe some of these conspiracy theories with really no kind of concrete facts. I really don't think that our government did that, but it is an interesting subject but very disturbing if the government actually was involved with the attacks on 9/11. I mean for our government to destroy the twin towers, the pentagon, and attempting to destroy what I think the last plane was heading to the white house, is not very believable to me.

as always,you run off from cowardly facts like the link i posted in my first post that proves the official conspiracy theory of the governments that you worship to be pure bullshit.you ran off from that link same as you did in that post of pogos that shot down your ramblings that carter was the worst president ever.:rolleyes:

you wont try and answer that link same as you did not the facts of pogo on carter since it has too many inconvient facts that dont go along with your warped opinion or the version of the governments so you dismiss it without even reading it.

I never mentioned the word patriotic once. ...............

I didn't say you did. But for your sake I'll modify what I did say.

Some Germans actually criticized Hitler during the war. How deceived they were.

Same as Americans who criticize American leaders for such as getting USA into a war
on the other side of the world against people who never did anything to USA.

How could they be so deceived as to doubting the government version of such as the "Gulf of Tonkin incident"
that was used to get USA into that war?

I'll never understand why some Americans doubt the honesty and sincerity of many American leaders ..... ah the shame, the shame.

Don't these "conspiracy theory" nuts know that the "elites" would never conspire to gain more power ?

Don't these "conspiracy theory" nuts know that the "elites" are benign and honest and transparent ?

btw: All the "elites" from Pope to GWBush that deem Islam to be a "religion of peace" "benign" are liars.

Every single one of them
:udaman::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

logic and common sense like this never registers with the government and mainstream media ass kissers like the OP here.:biggrin:

kopZJFo.png

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
this is what the OP and all the other government ass kissers do when confronted with pesky facts like this one you posted that prove how evil the CIA is and how corrupt our government is everytime without fail

that is a pesky fact that does not go along with his warped opinions and proves that reagan was much more destructive to america than carter ever was so as you just proved,he is doing this right now as he has every single time you have taken him to school.lol

ignore.jpg

I am not saying I doubt the honesty of our leaders, I'm using an example referring to my question "What makes people believe in absurd conspiracy theories? And a conspiracy theory about 9/11 is "False Flag".. "False Flag" is real and it could happen. All I am saying is that some conspiracy theories are way, way out there. Some people do believe the theory "False Flag". I am just curious what makes people believe some of these conspiracy theories with really no kind of concrete facts. I really don't think that our government did that, but it is an interesting subject but very disturbing if the government actually was involved with the attacks on 9/11. I mean for our government to destroy the twin towers, the pentagon, and attempting to destroy what I think the last plane was heading to the white house, is not very believable to me.

as always,you run off from cowardly facts like the link i posted in my first post that proves the official conspiracy theory of the governments that you worship to be pure bullshit.you ran off from that link same as you did in that post of pogos that shot down your ramblings that carter was the worst president ever.:rolleyes:

you wont try and answer that link same as you did not the facts of pogo on carter since it has too many inconvient facts that dont go along with your warped opinion or the version of the governments so you dismiss it without even reading it.
But, don't you get it? Nobody gives a shit about your stupid links to stupid people saying stupid things. That's why you fools are only here hiding on the internet, and not working journalists, or scientists, or teachers, or being placed in positions of any importance to anyone, anywhere. because you are insane.

You don't make any sense at all! I haven't even expressed any of my opinions for you to ridicule, and to make the assumption that I'm a "government and media kiss ass"? shows how uneducated you are. I don't know who you are referring to about a link?
I just came across an article titled "10 characteristics of conspiracy theorists" 1. Arrogance 2. Relentlessness 3. Inability to answer questions 4. Fondness for certain stock phrases 5. Inability to employ or understand Occam's Razor. 6. Inability to tell good evidence from bad 7. Inability to withdraw 8. Leaping to conclusions 9. Using previous conspiracies as evidence to support their claim 10. It's always a conspiracy. To me, you display every characteristic in that list.
Not once did I mention anything about the CIA. I used an example to explain something. I don't think every single conspiracy theory is absurd, and by you not being able to answer my original question, "what makes people believe absurd conspiracies?". Right there, you are displaying characteristic number 2 on that list, one I believe to be the most important skill out of the list that actually, if can answer questions, shows some intelligence to maybe just maybe get my attention. Jumping to conclusions that I'm a government and media ass kisser this and that, I lack common sense and logic, blah, blah, blah.
Its always a conspiracy, yea you are right I'm sent here from a secret, I mean secret, program developed by trump, and it is a group of super elite anti-conspiracy theorists, that endured intense and difficult training for months with no contact with the outside world, whose main objective is to infiltrate "usmessageboards" forum "Conspiracy theories" to plant and feed false evidence to cover the government trails of alien civilizations, poisonous government snow, invasion of lizard people, siri apocalypse, calendar conspiracies, The moon doesn't exist, shark spies, the reptoids, Denver international airport is actually the den of the devil and there is a FEMA death camp hidden underneath it, most of our world leaders are space leaders, Saddam Husseins alien stargate was the real reason for Iraq invasion, KFC causes sterility in black men, The mars conspiracy, Nazis in Antarctica, The government created HIV, and so on.
My question, "what makes people believe absurd conspiracy theories?", is referring to absurd theories. Not every single conspiracy theory is absurd but come on now. For example The conspiracy theory, "The landing on the moon was fake", is questionable. Why haven't we gone back yet? We were able to do it in 1969 supposedly, but why haven't we gone back? We have more advanced technology this day in age then ever before, I would think we would of made several trips by now. But some of the conspiracy are absurd and if you do not think so you are nuts.

If I were paid every time I smacked down some conspiracy nutball holding an empty bag, I would be a very rich man, indeed.

Your notion of "smacked down" someone else's theory is on the level of child on playground calling the other kid a 'poopy head'

Forum List

Back