What makes people believe in absurd conspiracy theories?

Some things seem weird but can be believable, and some things are just way out there and make no sense. One conspiracy theory about 9/11 that I find interesting yet disturbing is the "False Flag" Theory. The "False Flag" theory is covert operations that are designed to appear as If they are being carried out by other entities. In this case the government attacks its own country by flying planes into the twin towers, pentagon, and who knows where that other plane was heading and blames it on al Qaeda. That could actually be possible and give us a reason to invade Iraq and Afghanistan.

To say the least, some conspiracy theories do get the mind wondering, yet are very disturbing.

Some things seem weird but can be believable, and some things are just way out there and make no sense. One conspiracy theory about 9/11 that I find interesting yet disturbing is the "False Flag" Theory. The "False Flag" theory is covert operations that are designed to appear as If they are being carried out by other entities. In this case the government attacks its own country by flying planes into the twin towers, pentagon, and who knows where that other plane was heading and blames it on al Qaeda. That could actually be possible and give us a reason to invade Iraq and Afghanistan.

To say the least, some conspiracy theories do get the mind wondering, yet are very disturbing.
Yes, accusing our own leaders of willfully murdering americans for political capital is, indeed, disturbing. It is also absurd and bizarre and deserves ridicule and condemnation.

Yes, accusing our own leaders of willfully murdering americans for political capital is, indeed, disturbing. It is also absurd and bizarre and deserves ridicule and condemnation.

Some Germans actually criticized Hitler during the war. What unpatriotic trash they were.

Same as Americans who criticize American leaders for such as getting USA into a war on the other side of the world against people who never did anything to USA.

What unpatriotic trash they are ..... doubting the government version of such as the "Gulf of Tonkin incident" that was used to get USA into that war.

I'll never understand why some Americans doubt the honesty and sincerity of many American leaders ..... ah the shame, the shame

Some Germans actually criticized Hitler during the war. What unpatriotic trash they were.

Same as Americans who criticize American leaders for such as getting USA into a war on the other side of the world against people who never did anything to USA.

What unpatriotic trash they are ..... doubting the government version of such as the "Gulf of Tonkin incident" that was used to get USA into that war.

I'll never understand why some Americans doubt the honesty and sincerity of many American leaders ..... ah the shame, the shame
I never mentioned the word patriotic once. And if you would like to accuse our leaders of perpetrating 9/11, which was the very specific event to which i was referring, go right ahead. Embarrass yourself all night for all I care.

It's especially adorable that you use the words "why some Americans doubt the honesty and sincerity of many American leaders" in place of your actual thought, which is that "it is reasonable to believe nearly all of our leaders not just all lied, but conspired with legions to murder 3000 Americans in a false flag terror operation". As if those two statements even resemble each other. Take a hike, you fraud. go try out your tactics on some AM Radio show in Bumfuk, Texas.

I am not saying I doubt the honesty of our leaders, I'm using an example referring to my question "What makes people believe in absurd conspiracy theories? And a conspiracy theory about 9/11 is "False Flag".. "False Flag" is real and it could happen. All I am saying is that some conspiracy theories are way, way out there. Some people do believe the theory "False Flag". I am just curious what makes people believe some of these conspiracy theories with really no kind of concrete facts. I really don't think that our government did that, but it is an interesting subject but very disturbing if the government actually was involved with the attacks on 9/11. I mean for our government to destroy the twin towers, the pentagon, and attempting to destroy what I think the last plane was heading to the white house, is not very believable to me.

I never mentioned the word patriotic once. ...............

I didn't say you did. But for your sake I'll modify what I did say.

Some Germans actually criticized Hitler during the war. How deceived they were.

Same as Americans who criticize American leaders for such as getting USA into a war
on the other side of the world against people who never did anything to USA.

How could they be so deceived as to doubting the government version of such as the "Gulf of Tonkin incident"
that was used to get USA into that war?

I'll never understand why some Americans doubt the honesty and sincerity of many American leaders ..... ah the shame, the shame.

Don't these "conspiracy theory" nuts know that the "elites" would never conspire to gain more power ?

Don't these "conspiracy theory" nuts know that the "elites" are benign and honest and transparent ?

btw: All the "elites" from Pope to GWBush that deem Islam to be a "religion of peace" "benign" are liars.

Every single one of them

`
`
conspiracy_theories.png

"Main Stream Media" "MSM" = Mockingbird Stream Media

Following from uber left wing HUFFINGTON POST:

Why the Washington Post 's New Ties to the CIA Are So Ominous | HuffPost

"....After creation of the CIA in 1947, it enjoyed direct collaboration with many U.S. news organizations.
But the agency faced a major challenge in October 1977, when — soon after leaving the Washington Post
famed Watergate reporter Carl Bernstein provided an extensive expose in Rolling Stone.

(Carl Bernstein)

Citing CIA documents,
Bernstein wrote that during the previous 25 years “more than 400 American journalists...
have secretly carried out assignments for the Central Intelligence Agency.”
He added: “The history of the CIA’s involvement with the American press
continues to be shrouded by an official policy of obfuscation and deception.”

Bernstein’s story tarnished the reputations of many journalists and media institutions,
including the Washington Post and New York Times.
While the CIA’s mission was widely assumed to involve “obfuscation and deception,”
the mission of the nation’s finest newspapers was ostensibly the opposite......."

So, it is people who trust "MSM" to show them the "big picture" are people with a severe GLITCH in their HUMAN REASONING.

Sometimes the conspiracy theory is more believable than the story the media/government is pushing. Also there are times that the "Official" story has too many holes in it and leaves you with more questions than answers
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
logic and common sense like that never registers with the OP and many of the others that replied after him.

the OP and the many trolls that replied after him,have the warped opinion that THIS absurd conspiracy theory of the governments is valid after all.:cuckoo:

they NEVER can justify the absurdity in these pesky little facts here of the governments unproven theories.:rolleyes:

Idaho Observer: The looniest of all 9/11 conspiracy theories

The looniest of all 9/11 conspiracy theories
. Curiously, most of the “outrageous conspiracy theories” to which he refers incorporate some extremely sound science, logic and witness testimony where the official version is lacking in those critical areas. The following is a rather clever and immensely sarcastic approach to the government's explanation of 9/11 -- which follows a pattern established by the “magic bullet theory” to explain the assassination of JFK and a Ryder truck full of fertilizer and fuel oil to explain the damage at the Murrah federal building in OK City.

So its hardly surprising that the events of Sept. 11, 2001, have spawned their fair share of these ludicrous fairy tales. And as always, there is -- sadly -- a small but gullible percentage of the population eager to lap up these tall tales, regardless of facts or rational analysis.

One of the wilder stories circulating about Sept 11 (and one that has attracted something of a cult following amongst conspiracy buffs) is that it was carried out by 19 fanatical Arab hijackers, masterminded by an evil genius named Osama bin Laden, with no apparent motivation other than that they “hate our freedoms.”

Never a group of people to be bothered by facts, the perpetrators of this cartoon fantasy have constructed an elaborately woven web of delusions and unsubstantiated hearsay in order to promote this garbage across the Internet and the media to the extent that a number of otherwise rational people have actually fallen under its spell.

Normally I don't even bother debunking this kind of junk, but the effect that this paranoid myth is beginning to have requires a little rational analysis, in order to consign it to the same rubbish bin as all such silly conspiracy theories.

These crackpots even contend that the extremist Bush regime was caught unawares by the attacks, had no hand in organizing them and actually would have stopped them if it had been able. Blindly ignoring the stand down of the U.S. Air Force, the insider trading on airline stocks (linked to the CIA), the complicit behavior of Bush on the morning of the attacks, the controlled demolition of the WTC, the firing of a missile into the Pentagon and a host of other documented proofs that the Bush regime was behind the attacks, the conspiracy theorists stick doggedly to a silly story about 19 Arab hijackers somehow managing to commandeer four planes simultaneously and fly them around U.S. airspace for nearly two hours, crashing them into important buildings, without the U.S. intelligence services having any idea that it was coming, and without the Air Force knowing what to do.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:[/QUOTE
Sometimes the conspiracy theory is more believable than the story the media/government is pushing. Also there are times that the "Official" story has too many holes in it and leaves you with more questions than answers
In some incidents this may true. Sometimes these holes missing in an official story are created by a conspiracy theorist just to entertain other conspiracy theorists brains. Sometimes that's just how the story is and there are no holes. Just made up holes to satisfy the urge to blame somebody, and the fact that a claim made anywhere by anyone is enough for you to reproduce it and demand that the questions it raises be answered, as if intellectual enquiry were a matter of responding to every rumor, and claim that you have an open mind, but abuse us sceptics for apparently lacking the same. Once you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however unlikely must be the truth.

logic and common sense like that never registers with the OP and many of the others that replied after him.

the OP and the many trolls that replied after him,have the warped opinion that THIS absurd conspiracy theory of the governments is valid after all.:cuckoo:

they NEVER can justify the absurdity in these pesky little facts here of the governments unproven theories.:rolleyes:

. Curiously, most of the “outrageous conspiracy theories” to which he refers incorporate some extremely sound science, logic and witness testimony where the official version is lacking in those critical areas. The following is a rather clever and immensely sarcastic approach to the government's explanation of 9/11 -- which follows a pattern established by the “magic bullet theory” to explain the assassination of JFK and a Ryder truck full of fertilizer and fuel oil to explain the damage at the Murrah federal building in OK City.

So its hardly surprising that the events of Sept. 11, 2001, have spawned their fair share of these ludicrous fairy tales. And as always, there is -- sadly -- a small but gullible percentage of the population eager to lap up these tall tales, regardless of facts or rational analysis.

One of the wilder stories circulating about Sept 11 (and one that has attracted something of a cult following amongst conspiracy buffs) is that it was carried out by 19 fanatical Arab hijackers, masterminded by an evil genius named Osama bin Laden, with no apparent motivation other than that they “hate our freedoms.”

Never a group of people to be bothered by facts, the perpetrators of this cartoon fantasy have constructed an elaborately woven web of delusions and unsubstantiated hearsay in order to promote this garbage across the Internet and the media to the extent that a number of otherwise rational people have actually fallen under its spell.

Normally I don't even bother debunking this kind of junk, but the effect that this paranoid myth is beginning to have requires a little rational analysis, in order to consign it to the same rubbish bin as all such silly conspiracy theories.

These crackpots even contend that the extremist Bush regime was caught unawares by the attacks, had no hand in organizing them and actually would have stopped them if it had been able. Blindly ignoring the stand down of the U.S. Air Force, the insider trading on airline stocks (linked to the CIA), the complicit behavior of Bush on the morning of the attacks, the controlled demolition of the WTC, the firing of a missile into the Pentagon and a host of other documented proofs that the Bush regime was behind the attacks, the conspiracy theorists stick doggedly to a silly story about 19 Arab hijackers somehow managing to commandeer four planes simultaneously and fly them around U.S. airspace for nearly two hours, crashing them into important buildings, without the U.S. intelligence services having any idea that it was coming, and without the Air Force knowing what to do.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:[/QUOTE
In some incidents this may true. Sometimes these holes missing in an official story are created by a conspiracy theorist just to entertain other conspiracy theorists brains. Sometimes that's just how the story is and there are no holes. Just made up holes to satisfy the urge to blame somebody, and the fact that a claim made anywhere by anyone is enough for you to reproduce it and demand that the questions it raises be answered, as if intellectual enquiry were a matter of responding to every rumor, and claim that you have an open mind, but abuse us sceptics for apparently lacking the same. Once you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however unlikely must be the truth.
In some incidents this may be true. Sometimes these "holes" that are in these "official stories are created by conspiracy theorists just to entertain other conspiracy theorist brains. Sometimes that's just how the "official story" is and there are no "holes". Just made up "holes" to satisfy the urge to blame somebody, and the fact that a claim made anywhere by anyone is enough for you to reproduce it and demand that the questions it raises be answered, as if intellectual enquiry were a matter of responding to every rumor, and claim that you have an open mind, but abuse us sceptics for apparently lacking the same. Once you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however unlikely must be the truth.
I had to revise this post I was have asleep and there were some errors.

I never mentioned the word patriotic once. ...............

I didn't say you did. But for your sake I'll modify what I did say.

Some Germans actually criticized Hitler during the war. How deceived they were.

Same as Americans who criticize American leaders for such as getting USA into a war
on the other side of the world against people who never did anything to USA.

How could they be so deceived as to doubting the government version of such as the "Gulf of Tonkin incident"
that was used to get USA into that war?

I'll never understand why some Americans doubt the honesty and sincerity of many American leaders ..... ah the shame, the shame.

Don't these "conspiracy theory" nuts know that the "elites" would never conspire to gain more power ?

Don't these "conspiracy theory" nuts know that the "elites" are benign and honest and transparent ?

btw: All the "elites" from Pope to GWBush that deem Islam to be a "religion of peace" "benign" are liars.

Every single one of them
You didn't have to say it. Your position is quite clear, no matter what sleazy, obfuscant language you employ.

Why do some people believe in conspiracy theories? Someone already hit one of the points I was going to make regarding their feeling of wanting to be considered "smarter" than the majority of people.

So you could say they have superiority complex.

In some incidents this may be true. Sometimes these "holes" that are in these "official stories are created by conspiracy theorists just to entertain other conspiracy theorist brains. Sometimes that's just how the "official story" is and there are no "holes". Just made up "holes" to satisfy the urge to blame somebody, and the fact that a claim made anywhere by anyone is enough for you to reproduce it and demand that the questions it raises be answered, as if intellectual enquiry were a matter of responding to every rumor, and claim that you have an open mind, but abuse us sceptics for apparently lacking the same. Once you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however unlikely must be the truth.
I had to revise this post I was have asleep and there were some errors.
Sometimes the conspiracy theory is more believable to some people because they can not believe that things can just be that simple, and assume there has to be more to the story. So they start to over think each and every detail, developing in their head, questions without any real, solid logic. So by jumping to conclusions "the story must be false because the theory is more believable then the actual official story"? Then one conspiracy leads to the next. What is so hard in believing that the story is what it is? Anyone can make up assumptions and add in false facts and manipulate the story In their own words, and since it is more believable to them, that must be the truth.

A better question would be, why do people so stubbornly resist questioning any "official" narrative?
Exactly. Because they can not believe that it can be just that simple. That the story is what it is.
They don't understand it, so there has to be something missing. Now that they think something is missing, it has to be a conspiracy.

A better question would be, why do people so stubbornly resist questioning any "official" narrative?
Exactly. Because they can not believe that it can be just that simple. That the story is what it is.

So called conspiracy theories have come to be associated with the right wing and the left doesn't want any part of that. They're afraid if they agree with us on something then they'll have to admit we're right about other things too...

Forum List

Back