What Legislation Do We Need to get Work Refusniks off the Couch?

Exactly. Because our problem can't be we are blowing trillions on the climate change farce or 83,000 IRS agents. It has to be because we aren't taking enough money from people.
As far as the 83,000 new IRS agents - I heard it was 87,000 - do you know who Biden hired to oversee them? The one who worked with Lois Lerner in using the IRS to target conservative groups.

As far as the 83,000 new IRS agents - I heard it was 87,000 - do you know who Biden hired to oversee them? The one who worked with Lois Lerner in using the IRS to target conservative groups.

Well at least we know if a hard drive breaks, she knows what to do with it. :eusa_shhh:

Lol, we take plenty from the middle class how ever many years I paid more taxes than AT&T. Get bent. Unemployment is at record low so find a real problem to take like 10 percent of the country has more resources than e other 90 percent.

And the top 20% of those people are paying 89% of all collected taxes.

You people get confused between payroll and income taxes. They are not the same. In fact nearly half of our country pays no actual income tax at all.

So jf we are going to needlessly waste money like this, I think it's time to go to the people that never paid income tax before--not the people that are paying the most.

What I have a hard time understanding is people who own business like Walmart who have enough money to live in extreme luxury for them self's and generations forward, pay as little as possible, then close down most store lanes that require a paid employee & force customers to do there own checking bagging & loading, with no discount for doing that work. bringing in robots to do other work creating job loss. I understand that the business of business is to make money for that business. Not to worry about how Americans survive. & that's only one situation that is hurting the middle & working class
We fix this with our feet… you don’t shop there. You don’t work there. You don’t do their “self checkout”.

I forced the Service Desk of a store to check my out a couple months ago because I refused to use their self-checkout. Another time I left a cart full of groceries in a store and went somewhere else because they didn’t have enough cashiers on.

Food stamps are a farmer subsidy ... states with large agricultural sectors will benefit with the expanded food programs throughout the world ... and these are typically Red States ... Iowa, Indiana, Nebraska all have some dependence on expanded food stamp programs ...

If the OP knows the people he's describing .... then he should report them as frauds ... or the OP is part of the problem ...

how does it not affect you when your taxes are paying for their government giveaways?

You don’t seem to have problems with government giveaways to corporations and billionaires. You did not post a single thing objecting to the $1.9 trillion that Donald Trump gave to millionaires and multinational corporations.

But God forbid that working Americans can get the first meaningful raise in wages that they’ve received since Ronald Reagan was President.

The Republican Party has a real problem with working Americans and giving them a fair shake, while telling them that the Democrats are screwing them over.

The booming Biden economy didn’t happen because corporations got tax cuts. The booming Biden economy is because for the first time in 40 years working people have money in their pockets to spend ss as me the pent up demand is fueling the boom.

The USA is the only country in the first world where the top 10% receive in excess of 50% of the income and wealth of the nation. This is not sustainable and it is the reason why you’re running the kind of deficit you are.

No investment in education, infrastructure, or any meaningful investment in the American people is driving you towards become Brazil.

And the ridiculous display of Republicans this weekend, looking rifles at the sky and claim, which the Biden ministration brought down safely over water, has made you a laughing stock around the world.

The world is watching Little Lisa. They’re watching Republicans embrace, Vladimir Putin, call their president senile, even though he’s running circles around Republican. Last but not least McCarthy and the Seinfeld House are behaving like idiots and clowns.

I look forward to the Hunter Biden lawsuits for malicious prosecution.

I don't see how it's any kind of subsidy. People are going to eat with or without food stamps.

You really are just that stupid aren’t you Ray?

Food stamps are a subsidy to the large corporations who are paying substandard wages. That’s so clowns like you can get bigger dividends on those stocks you own. Screw the people who actually earn the money for you.

You really are just that stupid aren’t you Ray?

Food stamps are a subsidy to the large corporations who are paying substandard wages. That’s so clowns like you can get bigger dividends on those stocks you own. Screw the people who actually earn the money for you.

Jobs are an option. Nobody has to take a job if they believe the wages are not enough. They can seek better paying employment, and if nobody is offering them better money, it's because they have no acquired skills.

Companies could care less if you go on food stamps or not. It doesn't benefit them one bit. If you have a problem with food stamps, then it's not up to industry to correct it, it's up to voters to vote out Democrats that reward people for being failures.

The answer is NOT increasing the minimum wage, as I see signs all over the place offering $17 and $18 an hour to run a cash register or restock clothes on shelves. The answer is to stop giving taxpayer money away to people able to work and who simply feel jobs are beneath them.

1. Any adult not working a full-time job and living with a parent in a six-figure household should be exempt welfare-type benefits:

a) I know a young mother, now divorced, who moved in with her mother (a GS 14), who not only gets child support for her two children, as she should, she also gets food stamps, Medicaid for her kids, and a host of other benefits. She works one day a week, as a fill-in receptionist for a vet.

b) I also know a woman in her 50s, who lives with her parents, both of whom are retired government professionals with a six-figure pension. She too gets food stamps, and works two afternoons a week at the library.

2. Any parent in a two-parent household, where neither is working, should get no welfare. I know a couple (with kids) where both refuse to get a job, saying what’s available is beneath them, and they are getting rent relief, food stamps, Medicaid, and so forth.
No. For fuck's sake, no.

If you want to get rid of welfare, I'm right there with you. If you want to use it as an excuse to lord it over people and tell them how to live, fuck you.

Last edited:
The last time minimum wage was raised was in 2009, 13 years ago. It hasn’t kept up with the cost of living by any means. Walmart wage rates, for example, run from $10/hour for cashier/sticker to $18.49/contact center engineer in WV. A Walmart optician earns 14.95/hr in Front Royal, VA. Average Walmart sales associate earns 13.30 an hour. Walmart is a good example of retail entry level jobs. $17 or $18 is probably in an area with a very high cost of living.

ThT is an excellent example of what is really the problem here in my opinion: lack of affordable child care or in some cases, any child care. Child support is only as good as the salary of the other parent by the way. Childcare is so expensive that welfare benefits offer a better choice for single parents when you factor in the costs of working: childcare, a vehicle or transportation etc.

We need some genuine pro-family policies.

Everyone has a story, some people are freeloaders but some have hidden disabilities.

For every family like that, there is a family where there are genuine reasons for need: one parent is at home caring for children the other working one or mor low wage jobs and living in a high cost of living area.
As a far Left fuckface Communist, you look for excuses to keep the welfare gravy train going.

IRS about 3 to 5 times more likely to audit Black Americans' tax returns, study finds. Black Americans are roughly three to five times more likely to face an IRS audit than other taxpayers, according to a study.4 days ago

IRS more likely to audit Black Americans' taxes, study finds​

People in the workforce who are working need to use their skills against their employers.

The answer is NOT increasing the minimum wage, as I see signs all over the place offering $17 and $18 an hour to run a cash register or restock clothes on shelves. The answer is to stop giving taxpayer money away to people able to work and who simply feel jobs are beneath them.

1. Any adult not working a full-time job and living with a parent in a six-figure household should be exempt welfare-type benefits:

a) I know a young mother, now divorced, who moved in with her mother (a GS 14), who not only gets child support for her two children, as she should, she also gets food stamps, Medicaid for her kids, and a host of other benefits. She works one day a week, as a fill-in receptionist for a vet.

b) I also know a woman in her 50s, who lives with her parents, both of whom are retired government professionals with a six-figure pension. She too gets food stamps, and works two afternoons a week at the library.

2. Any parent in a two-parent household, where neither is working, should get no welfare. I know a couple (with kids) where both refuse to get a job, saying what’s available is beneath them, and they are getting rent relief, food stamps, Medicaid, and so forth.
Parents that make them go get a job.

That's great for you! The issue is whether others should be forced to follow your beliefs.
Well, unfortunately for you and I, that is the American way. I’m forced to pay for religious schooling, “crisis pregnancy centers”, and a host of other things I don’t wish to.

Forum List

Back