What Legislation Do We Need to get Work Refusniks off the Couch?

So yeah, once again you heard things and repeat them but don't know if they are true so we can once again dismiss it until you bring it up again.

Yeah, nobody knows if it's true or not. Maybe most people do except you.

Yeah, nobody knows if it's true or not. Maybe most people do except you.

I only read the last one. It noted unemployment insurance. That is temporary.

I only read the last one. It noted unemployment insurance. That is temporary.

Selective reading. Try reading the whole thing and slowly next time. It mentions most of the programs they're talking about. But they are correct on the unemployment thing. In March of 2021, Dementia signed a bill Trump refused to sign. It added federal unemployment until September of that year so many people made more not working than working. In our state they estimated that between the fed and state unemployment, people were bringing in the equal of a working person making 57K a year when taxes are included from payroll deductions you don't pay collecting unemployment. That's why our state stopped our people from collecting the fed contribution. They knew it would lead to a worker shortage.

I don't know how or where you apply for all these programs but people live that way. I know. I have one of those Fn section 8 houses next door. I had to work full-time plus to live in the suburbs, and these lowlifes move in right next door and either don't work, or work very little. I see their windows open in the middle of winter. I see that satellite dish on the houses. I see the parties they throw for their other lowlife friends which in the summer is usually cook outs with food they bought with their SNAP's card.

It's not an anomaly either. I belong to our suburb group on Facebook. Many in the city are complaining about these section 8 people that moved in. They are dirty, noisy and violent people, but government moves them right in on our tax dollars.
It’s surreal the way libs deny that able-bodied young adults are being enabled to refuse work because the benefits from OPM allow them to do so.

It’s surreal the way libs deny that able-bodied young adults are being enabled to refuse work because the benefits from OPM allow them to do so.

That's because many of them have no first hand experience with them. I've seen them at our grocery store. The shit they buy I wish I could afford. Then they leave the checkout line and go to the head cashier to buy their cigarettes and lottery tickets.

One of my former coworkers years ago told us a story about his wife. She worked at a convenience store. Her coworker was a black lady, and they got into a discussion on how hard it was to make ends meet sometime. The black lady said do what I did! She went to every welfare agency she could, told them her husband left her with the kids, and without question provided government assistance. The thing was he never went anywhere. He had a pretty good paying job at the auto plant.

These people know how to play the system, and it costs taxpayers billions every single year.

Jobs are NOT an option, you stupid fool. You can only collect welfare for two years.

Yeah, Canada is tripling immigration our immigration because we have 3.8% unemployment and 1 million open jobs. Our target is currently 500,000 immigrants per year. We're raising it to 1.5 million because we need workers.
We do not need "workers". We need highly skilled/trained workers, in specific occupations (medical doctors, registered nurses, scientists, machinists, music teachers, etc)

It is common for lesser or unskilled workers to be turned away from a job shop because they don't have the skills required for what jobs are available.

Thanks for admitting you don’t read the news.
I’m guessing you’re talking about anecdotes of layoffs when the data includes these anecdotes and a whole bunch of hiring and new jobs. Must suck to be lost in space all the time.

I’m guessing you’re talking about anecdotes of layoffs when the data includes these anecdotes and a whole bunch of hiring and new jobs. Must suck to be lost in space all the time.
You're guessing incorrectly.
Once again, I admire the fact that you do not read the news.
All of your intellectualizations do not change reality.

I worked for 40 years and am now retired. When are entitled young adults in their 20s and 30s going to get a job?!

When they feel like it... you do realize unemployment is at 3.4% right now. The lowest it's been since 1969, and without a war going on.

What's not healthy are people on the dole who chose government programs over work. What's not healthy are parents that allow their kids to live at home smoking pot in the basement instead of working full time.

Uh, yeah, Ray, people on the dole who could work if they had to is pretty bad.

The only difference between you and a pot-smoker is the pot smoker is enjoying his life, while you are still a miserable fuck.

Forum List

Back