What Legislation Do We Need to get Work Refusniks off the Couch?

Well, unfortunately for you and I, that is the American way.
No, it really isn't. The American way actually strives to protect minorities from being bullied by the majority. Many people want to get rid of those protections, but I think they're in the wrong, and their efforts will lead to worse government.

Ha ha. Another USMB thread that didn’t age well. Everyone is working and we still have 11M open jobs only about 5M on unemployment. 11M pen jobs. We need immigration.
All the Americans fired by US firms will be replaced by Indian H1-Bs and Trump wins the next election because the Internet exposes all your bullshit.

All the Americans fired by US firms will be replaced by Indian H1-Bs and Trump wins the next election because the Internet exposes all your bullshit.
Sounds like a good fantasy you can whack off to but in the real world that’s just not true.

Well, unfortunately for you and I, that is the American way. I’m forced to pay for religious schooling, “crisis pregnancy centers”, and a host of other things I don’t wish to.

And I'm forced to pay for public schools I don't want to fund. I nor any of my tenants ever had kids in our city school system, Yet I have to write a check out to pay thousands every year towards it.

Sounds like a good fantasy you can whack off to but in the real world that’s just not true.
Not a fantasy at all.
90% of the kids in tech were told by their parents not to go into tech because of what GW did.
Trump ran on getting rid of the H1-Bs and Trump did it.
If you think these kids won't be lectured by their parents, you're on drugs.

Last edited:
Not a fantasy at all.
90% of the kids in tech were told by their parents no to go into tech because of what GW did.
Trump ran on getting rid of the H1-Bs and Trump did it.
If you think these kids won't be lectured by their parents, you're on drugs.
Medicare colleges are getting information tech grads 70,000+ first year out. You’re crazy if you think it isn’t lucrative.

* Turn off the Welfare fire-hose
* Vigorous review and aggressive vetting of disability pension claims
* Reasonable limits on the number of children-per-family for which public aid monies will be spent
* Stricter and lower limits on the maximum lifetime welfare benefit for the able-bodied
* Termination of welfare benefits for those unwilling to undergo vigorous job training and subsequent job placement

Medicare colleges are getting information tech grads 70,000+ first year out. You’re crazy if you think it isn’t lucrative.

Cool...Tech is laying off 10s of thousands by the week.
Have you ever thought of reading the news?

It's hilarious that you equate money hungry colleges with honesty.
The colleges don't give a crap if anyone gets a job as long as the college gets it's tuition.

* Turn off the Welfare fire-hose
* Vigorous review and aggressive vetting of disability pension claims
* Reasonable limits on the number of children-per-family for which public aid monies will be spent
* Stricter and lower limits on the maximum lifetime welfare benefit for the able-bodied
* Termination of welfare benefits for those unwilling to undergo vigorous job training and subsequent job placement

First, we spend far more on Middle Class entitlements (Social Security and Medicare) than we do on "Welfare".

Secondly... I have mixed feeling on the second point. My sister lost her eyesight and could no longer work as a nurse, but SSI still insisted she try to do other things. On the other hand, a slug like Ray from Cleveland can not want to do certain kinds of work, and he's fine.

Third point- talk to your anti-abortion nutters, then. Can ban abortion and then not pay for the babies that result. But the reality is, most people on welfare are on it for less than four years.

Fourth point - Most people are only on welfare for a few years.

Fifth- Who is going to run this training?

Require them to take a physical and drug test, if they are found able to work give them thirty days to find a job. After thirty days discontinue their welfare. If they fail the drug test, discontinue their welfare benefits immediately.

First, we spend far more on Middle Class entitlements (Social Security and Medicare) than we do on "Welfare".

Secondly... I have mixed feeling on the second point. My sister lost her eyesight and could no longer work as a nurse, but SSI still insisted she try to do other things. On the other hand, a slug like Ray from Cleveland can not want to do certain kinds of work, and he's fine.

Third point- talk to your anti-abortion nutters, then. Can ban abortion and then not pay for the babies that result. But the reality is, most people on welfare are on it for less than four years.

Fourth point - Most people are only on welfare for a few years.

Fifth- Who is going to run this training?
Sixth-youre an idiot.

Ha ha. Another USMB thread that didn’t age well. Everyone is working and we still have 11M open jobs only about 5M on unemployment. 11M pen jobs. We need immigration.
You're a commie idiot. There's a fuckton of kids in America not working.
Fuck..my cousin's supporting his stepson and his family that have zero intentions of ever supporting themselves. This is not right.
They're abusing their privileges. Even if they would pitch in; That would be cool. But that's not the case.
He's not gonna kick 'em out, they have his grandchildren. But they should try to do for themselves and contribute better. It is what it is.
Family really is about contributing, you know? I need to step up my game to what it should be. Which is more than just providing for myself and being able to host family things. Yes. Large family things. I really should be able to do that. I don't have to, but I really should. Something deep down tells me so.

Last edited:
Require them to take a physical and drug test, if they are found able to work give them thirty days to find a job. After thirty days discontinue their welfare. If they fail the drug test, discontinue their welfare benefits immediately.

And I would support legislation in having people fixed first before getting one red cent from the government. No more making kids to get more government goodies. And anybody that thinks my idea is heartless, what do working people do when they reach the limit on how many kids they could afford? They get fixed themselves.

Selective. Overall employment is fine. There are always companies laying off and hiring. Even in the tech industry.
Overall, most Uber and Lyft drivers and Amazon delivery drivers aren't being laid off.
Financial firms and tech firms that have exhausted private investor money by over hiring are laying off young people in droves.
For someone who claims to have attained a Master's Degree, you're quite ignorant of the current economic climate...or you're a bullshit artist.

Overall, most Uber and Lyft drivers and Amazon delivery drivers aren't being laid off.
Financial firms and tech firms that have exhausted private investor money by over hiring are laying off young people in droves.
For someone who claims to have attained a Master's Degree, you're quite ignorant of the current economic climate...or you're a bullshit artist.
I gotta move it's the latter. :dunno:

Forum List

Back