What Legislation Do We Need to get Work Refusniks off the Couch?

Maybe you should keep your nose on for face instead of sticking it into other people's business, Aunt Martha.
As soon as I don’t have to SUPPORT the lazy young adults who refuse to get a job, then I will. But as long as they have their hand in MY pocket, it’s my business.

Why do you libs think people are entitled to be supported by others, and the others paying for them just need to shut up about it? You people are nuts.

As soon as I don’t have to SUPPORT the lazy young adults who refuse to get a job, then I will. But as long as they have their hand in MY pocket, it’s my business.

Why do you libs think people are entitled to be supported by others, and the others paying for them just need to shut up about it? You people are nuts.
Fine. Next time your state has a natural disaster pay for it yourself instead of using MY tax dollars thru FEMA to clean up the mess in YOUR state, not mine. So take your hand out of MY pocket.

Man of Ethics

i said able-bodied, which would mean mental or physical. I am talking about healthy people who refuse to take a job, for months on end, and Instead happily take rent assistance and other welfare benefits paid for by taxpayers.

Gee, I don't think I've met many people like that. I don't know many people who are too lazy to work. I'm guessing you don't either.

I also note that the people who are complaining about this shit are all (supposedly) middle class, college educated white people who live in neighbourhoods of middle class white people.

You people need to get out more and visit more diverse neighbourhoods.

I'm thinking we need to bring back debtor's prisons. If they won't work, put them on a chain gang to clean up the highways.

Fine. Next time your state has a natural disaster pay for it yourself instead of using MY tax dollars thru FEMA to clean up the mess in YOUR state, not mine. So take your hand out of MY pocket.
That’s an Act of Gd, beyond anyone’s responsibility.

How do you compare that to having to support lazy young adults who refuse to work?

You libs are nuts.

I'm thinking we need to bring back debtor's prisons. If they won't work, put them on a chain gang to clean up the highways.

You really can't blame the people, you need to put the entire blame on the leadership. Most anybody will accept free money, especially from the government. They say "Hey! I'm going to give you a bunch of money!" What are most people going to say, no?

Gee, I don't think I've met many people like that. I don't know many people who are too lazy to work. I'm guessing you don't either.

I also note that the people who are complaining about this shit are all (supposedly) middle class, college educated white people who live in neighbourhoods of middle class white people.

You people need to get out more and visit more diverse neighbourhoods.

Trust me, I live in a diverse neighborhood, and you don't want to come here, unless you bring your own gun.

The answer is NOT increasing the minimum wage, as I see signs all over the place offering $17 and $18 an hour to run a cash register or restock clothes on shelves. The answer is to stop giving taxpayer money away to people able to work and who simply feel jobs are beneath them.

1. Any adult not working a full-time job and living with a parent in a six-figure household should be exempt welfare-type benefits:

a) I know a young mother, now divorced, who moved in with her mother (a GS 14), who not only gets child support for her two children, as she should, she also gets food stamps, Medicaid for her kids, and a host of other benefits. She works one day a week, as a fill-in receptionist for a vet.

b) I also know a woman in her 50s, who lives with her parents, both of whom are retired government professionals with a six-figure pension. She too gets food stamps, and works two afternoons a week at the library.

2. Any parent in a two-parent household, where neither is working, should get no welfare. I know a couple (with kids) where both refuse to get a job, saying what’s available is beneath them, and they are getting rent relief, food stamps, Medicaid, and so forth.
Well considering unemployment is at a historical low we don't need more legislation to get people working. Considering national debt we need to get the filthy rich to pay their fair share though.

Still waiting for someone to point out these programs the OP claimed.

Well considering unemployment is at a historical low we don't need more legislation to get people working. Considering national debt we need to get the filthy rich to pay their fair share though.

Exactly. Because our problem can't be we are blowing trillions on the climate change farce or 83,000 IRS agents. It has to be because we aren't taking enough money from people.

Exactly. Because our problem can't be we are blowing trillions on the climate change farce or 83,000 IRS agents. It has to be because we aren't taking enough money from people.
Lol, we take plenty from the middle class how ever many years I paid more taxes than AT&T. Get bent. Unemployment is at record low so find a real problem to take like 10 percent of the country has more resources than e other 90 percent.

Unemployment is low because unemployed people aren’t looking for work. You really don’t know how the unemployment rate is calculated?!

Forum List

Back