What Lefebvre said about liberal Catholics applies to liberals of any kind.. only one kind anyhow

rightnow909

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2021
There is only one kind of liberal: annoying, despicable...

But anyhow the late Bishop Marcel Lefebvre, a very interesting and intelligent person wrote books on liberalism, esp on (can barely write the following) "liberal Catholics"

which is a total contradiction in terms

so anyway, here is some of what L said...( I'm looking for it in this book i have here... )

Well, first he quotes a Cardinal Billot who says

The liberalism of the ''liberal Catholics" escapes all classification and has only one sole distictive and characteristic note, that of perfect and absolute incoherence."

[He goes on to say] that the title of liberal Catholic "is itself a contradiction in terms... since "Catholic" supposes a subjection to the human and divine order of things, while "liberal" means precisely emancipation from this order, a revolt against Our Lord Jesus Christ."

L says "Deservedly can it be said "Liberalism is a sin" ...

So it comes down to this: Should Jesus be our king or should some schmucky human being or group of them who don't know Jesus or don't know Him well or don't try to follow Him rule over us?

and

Did Jesus establish a Church? The Catholic Church is the oldest Christian Church. That alone tells you it is the Church Christ founded... (I speak of the SSPX Catholic Church)

Last edited:
I get called a Liberal all the time. I am a Christian and I regularly attend church. Not a Catholic church though since I do not need anyone to intercede for me.

I get called a Liberal all the time. I am a Christian and I regularly attend church. Not a Catholic church though since I do not need anyone to intercede for me.
i notice how you adroitly side-stepped the thing about the Catholic Church being the oldest Christian Church, therefore the correct one

smart move

Truth is irrefutable as the great Churchill said (I guess he was great... he was right on that in any case...)

i notice how you adroitly side-stepped the thing about the Catholic Church being the oldest Christian Church, therefore the correct one

smart move

Truth is irrefutable as the great Churchill said (I guess he was great... he was right on that in any case...)

If that is what you believe, great. It's fine with me.

If that is what you believe, great. It's fine with me.
I've noticed Protestants do not argue about things they do have an argument for and when they do argument... they don't have one then either..

and yet they continue to reject the Church Christ founded...

which ... admittedly, after Vatican II is reject worthy (well, not totally, there is still theReal Presence)

but the True Catholic Church has, as it always does, survived.. namely, in the SSPX Church, where the true Catholic popes are listened to not the heretics of Vatican II

but anyhow, maybe I digress...

I've noticed Protestants do not argue about things they do have an argument for and when they do argument... they don't have one then either..

Why would I want to argue about this? It's not important to me.

If it is true there is no salvation outside the Church Christ founded (the Catholic Church, SSPX), something I believe, although it is a little more complicated than that...

then it would seem to be rather important

just saying

Forum List

Back