What Killed Detroit: Democrats or Black People?

What Killed Detroit: Democrats or Black People

• Total voters
No where in this post have you pressed me on the facts of the OP. I replied to your very first post in this thread. If the facts are cherry picked there should be plenty of "legitimate facts" out there so as refute the information provided. You provided none. In stead you accused me of racism in your very first post of this thread. You did not address the op. So, as to prove a point, I granted your ad-hominem for the sake of argument. Now where do we stand? Why post at all if you're simply going to ignore the facts and assume that calling someone a racist is a refutation of the op?

The problem is you are a racist, but don't want the ignorant to know it. I pointed out the collective history, related sociological and psychological factors included in the whole. Now I'm not going to write you a 200 page dissertation on a subject you should already have all the relative information on before you start publicly postulating your premise. A premise that is widely known among those of us associated with federal, state and local law enforcement to be the product of white supremest propaganda.
Do some real research of your own and stop relying on racist sites to base you statistical searches on.
I'd suggest taking some American history courses, Sociological and Culture Anthropological studies.

I have already disarmed you of the racist argument by ceding it to you for the sake of argument. With respect to your responses, they are 95% ad-hominem and 5% assumed substance without citation or merit (contradiction not argument). The statistics provided come directly from federal and census data, and no matter what you assume, they are accurate and you have done nothing to refute them. You seem to claim that the governments statistics are racist? Indeed, anything I can provide as a citation will not doubt be dismissed as racist by yourself, as you have demonstrated a repetitive pattern of calling the information racist without refuting the information itself.

I chuckled at your last statement. I hold a BA in History from a very leftist and selective liberal arts college where every professor I studied under was well published (Graduated High Honors). I know it's not a masters but it will suffice as I spent 12 years of my life in the Marines and further formal education is getting to the point where it hurts more than it helps. Of course, the only sociology course I took was the intro to sociology, although, I am very familiar with subject matter involving cultural history.

It's not the statistics you are citing, they're not racist, never said they were, you said I did. It's that, as I have stated numerous times, they are cherry picked and out of context, presented that way to promote a specific agenda, in this case white supremacy. I have worked with many a BA holder who must have bought their degree because they know very little about what they were supposed to have learned so that doesn't impress me. As for being a Marine, well we'll see...... My Marines called me Doc.
Oh and I have twelve years of History, Psychology, Sociology and Cultural Anthropology all blended in and no, as my contemporaries can attest to, I didn't buy my degrees.
My wife's background is Deviant Psychology and Terrorism studies. My contract law enforcement work included the study of and documentation of homegrown terrorist organizations, their methods and propaganda. Guess that explains why I deal with you the way I do, I know the circular arguments and other tactics in play, I watched you use them before I even started posting in this sub-forum........ I did my homework......

Reaganomics killed Detroit.

Wow a policy that didn't exist yet killed a city. A Leftytoon miracle I say.

Oh, and for future reference, please don't call me a racist. I have never said nor do I attest that whites are genetically superior to blacks. I throw the facts out there no matter how uncomfortable they may make people feel and allow the dominoes to fall where they may. Dismissing me as a racist is not refuting the facts and a knee jerk false assumption of my motives does not mean that I am incapable of objectivity or serious debate. I of course speak of your statement whereas you said "You don't want to be informed. It defeats the whole racist thing."

Pukulous. Almost every post you make is about black people. You're not only racist, you have an obsessive compulsive disorder.

Pubis is getting to that advanced age where he realizes he has failed in life, has little time left, and the only thing he can do is attempt to tear down his biggest fear. Black people. He is the type of useless white trash that the people that run this country exploit and mind rape in order to keep up the racial divide. He doesn't realize he is infected with a sickness given to him by his own "culture". i'd feel pity for him if he was not so slimey.

The problem is you are a racist, but don't want the ignorant to know it. I pointed out the collective history, related sociological and psychological factors included in the whole. Now I'm not going to write you a 200 page dissertation on a subject you should already have all the relative information on before you start publicly postulating your premise. A premise that is widely known among those of us associated with federal, state and local law enforcement to be the product of white supremest propaganda.
Do some real research of your own and stop relying on racist sites to base you statistical searches on.
I'd suggest taking some American history courses, Sociological and Culture Anthropological studies.

I have already disarmed you of the racist argument by ceding it to you for the sake of argument. With respect to your responses, they are 95% ad-hominem and 5% assumed substance without citation or merit (contradiction not argument). The statistics provided come directly from federal and census data, and no matter what you assume, they are accurate and you have done nothing to refute them. You seem to claim that the governments statistics are racist? Indeed, anything I can provide as a citation will not doubt be dismissed as racist by yourself, as you have demonstrated a repetitive pattern of calling the information racist without refuting the information itself.

I chuckled at your last statement. I hold a BA in History from a very leftist and selective liberal arts college where every professor I studied under was well published (Graduated High Honors). I know it's not a masters but it will suffice as I spent 12 years of my life in the Marines and further formal education is getting to the point where it hurts more than it helps. Of course, the only sociology course I took was the intro to sociology, although, I am very familiar with subject matter involving cultural history.

It's not the statistics you are citing, they're not racist, never said they were, you said I did. It's that, as I have stated numerous times, they are cherry picked and out of context, presented that way to promote a specific agenda, in this case white supremacy. I have worked with many a BA holder who must have bought their degree because they know very little about what they were supposed to have learned so that doesn't impress me. As for being a Marine, well we'll see...... My Marines called me Doc.
Oh and I have twelve years of History, Psychology, Sociology and Cultural Anthropology all blended in and no, as my contemporaries can attest to, I didn't buy my degrees.
My wife's background is Deviant Psychology and Terrorism studies. My contract law enforcement work included the study of and documentation of homegrown terrorist organizations, their methods and propaganda. Guess that explains why I deal with you the way I do, I know the circular arguments and other tactics in play, I watched you use them before I even started posting in this sub-forum........ I did my homework......

Yes, we call this making an argument. Cherry picked? I make my argument and you make yours. That should certainly take care of/weed out the cherry picking.

First you accuse me or being a racist, and now you accuse me of being a terrorists and/or using terrorist tactics so as to what? Radicalize people outside of civil discourse and into violence in a forum that can only be accessed via members who post here? Get real! And why on earth would you admit to such an occupation in an internet forum? Anyone worth their weight in gold in your area of study/profession does not go around outing it in an internet forum! In fact, it is highly ill advised!

My BA in History was not meant to impress. It was meant to show that despite your efforts to discredit my historical knowledge, I have already been confirmed in that area of study, although, I will cede you that a BA in History is certainly not necessarily an impressive achievement and not nearly as good as the education the Marines gave me. I hope you got out of the clinic enough to relate to such a assessment.

I'm an honest guy. If you can discredit the information provided I will not grip it as tightly as you have your assertion that I am a racist despite all evidence to the contrary. I want an honest discussion, I really do. But it seems that you have made up your mind about the person, and thus, you need not address the information. This has pitted you into a corner. I think you want to address the topic on the merits and you are capable of such. But you have made so many excuses for not addressing the op that you feel it would be a hit to your personal pride to reverse course. I assure you that I do not frown upon the choice to give up the name calling and address the op on the merits. It would speak more highly of your character than has been displayed thus far.

In any case, your attempts to compare me to the white supremacist terrorist organizations by virtue of having an argument that could be interpreted as giving credence to their cause is just as much a fallacy as calling someone a racist so as to avoid addressing the information provided. Dinesh D'souza noted this in his interview on his book "The End of Racism." See below.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes, we call this making an argument. Cherry picked? I make my argument and you make yours. That should certainly take care of/weed out the cherry picking.

First you accuse me or being a racist, and now you accuse me of being a terrorists and/or using terrorist tactics so as to what? Radicalize people outside of civil discourse and into violence in a forum that can only be accessed via members who post here? Get real! And why on earth would you admit to such an occupation in an internet forum? Anyone worth their weight in gold in your area of study/profession does not go around outing it in an internet forum! In fact, it is highly ill advised!

My BA in History was not meant to impress. It was meant to show that despite your efforts to discredit my historical knowledge, I have already been confirmed in that area of study, although, I will cede you that a BA in History is certainly not necessarily an impressive achievement and not nearly as good as the education the Marines gave me. I hope you got out of the clinic enough to relate to such a assessment.

I'm an honest guy. If you can discredit the information provided I will not grip it as tightly as you have your assertion that I am a racist despite all evidence to the contrary. I want an honest discussion, I really do. But it seems that you have made up your mind about the person, and thus, you need not address the information. This has pitted you into a corner. I think you want to address the topic on the merits and you are capable of such. But you have made so many excuses for not addressing the op that you feel it would be a hit to your personal pride to reverse course. I assure you that I do not frown upon the choice to give up the name calling and address the op on the merits. It would speak more highly of your character than has been displayed thus far.

In any case, your attempts to compare me to the white supremacist terrorist organizations by virtue of having an argument that could be interpreted as giving credence to their cause is just as much a fallacy as calling someone a racist so as to avoid addressing the information. Dinesh D'souza noted this in his interview on his book "The End of Racism." See below.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvFG6jH_ocY]Dinesh D'Souza says racism is not the cause of black failure - YouTube[/ame]

Interesting, I called you a terrorist? Putting words into my mouth doesn't help your case, I was just relating my background to set the basis for my knowledge on the subject of racism and terrorism, usually found in tandem. I'm not making excuses though it (strongly) appears that's what you want readers to believe.
It's not name calling, it's identification if the shoe fits and with all your specific focus, arguments and tactics it fits like a glove.
As I said before I am addressing your claims as faulty because of the reasons I have already stated yet you continue to claim I haven't, in my humble but accurate estimation, to claim some nonexistent moral high ground, another well documented tactic. I won't get caught in one of your circular arguments as you are attempting to perform even now.
Claiming my accusations are baseless when every indication and posted shred of evidence (in your own hand) shows exactly the opposite is obfuscation at it worst on your part.
Finally it's a well know fact that the white supremacist movement has incorporated into their rhetoric Dinesh D'souza's The End of Racism. This way the movement can claim it's not racism but the black culture that's to blame, as you are doing........ D'souza's upbringing has been shown to color his premise to the point of making it suspect at best.
Now you can make your claims about me all over again and claim victory if you wish, only the other adherents to hatred will applaud you. Like I said I won't play your game and, trust me on this one, it's not my credibility or character that's in question here, as much as you'd like to falsely portray. :thup:
Oh and I got out of the clinic quite often.

In any case, your attempts to compare me to the white supremacist terrorist organizations by virtue of having an argument that could be interpreted as giving credence to their cause is just as much a fallacy as calling someone a racist so as to avoid addressing the information. Dinesh D'souza noted this in his interview on his book "The End of Racism." See below.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvFG6jH_ocY]Dinesh D'Souza says racism is not the cause of black failure - YouTube[/ame]

Interesting, I called you a terrorist? Putting words into my mouth doesn't help your case, I was just relating my background to set the basis for my knowledge on the subject of racism and terrorism, usually found in tandem. I'm not making excuses though it (strongly) appears that's what you want readers to believe.
It's not name calling, it's identification if the shoe fits and with all your specific focus, arguments and tactics it fits like a glove.
As I said before I am addressing your claims as faulty because of the reasons I have already stated yet you continue to claim I haven't, in my humble but accurate estimation, to claim some nonexistent moral high ground, another well documented tactic. I won't get caught in one of your circular arguments as you are attempting to perform even now.
Claiming my accusations are baseless when every indication and posted shred of evidence (in your own hand) shows exactly the opposite is obfuscation at it worst on your part.
Finally it's a well know fact that the white supremacist movement has incorporated into their rhetoric Dinesh D'souza's The End of Racism. This way the movement can claim it's not racism but the black culture that's to blame, as you are doing........ D'souza's upbringing has been shown to color his premise to the point of making it suspect at best.
Now you can make your claims about me all over again and claim victory if you wish, only the other adherents to hatred will applaud you. Like I said I won't play your game and, trust me on this one, it's not my credibility or character that's in question here, as much as you'd like to falsely portray. :thup:
Oh and I got out of the clinic quite often.

Very well, I don't question the reason you refuse to actually address the subject matter of this thread, what I question is why do you even post at all if you're not going to address the topic of the thread? What did calling me a racist accomplish? Did it make you feel better? Thats the only reason I can think of. Why else would you say this >>> http://www.usmessageboard.com/8498669-post27.html

Oh, and do you understand the meaning of and/or?

Do yourself a favor and delete what you said to me about your occupation. I'm sure your employer doesent want you bragging about it on an internet forum.

Last edited:
Very well, I don't question the reason you refuse to actually address the subject matter of this thread, what I question is why do you even post at all if you're not going to address the topic of the thread? What did calling me a racist accomplish? Did it make you feel better? Thats the only reason I can think of. Why else would you say this >>> http://www.usmessageboard.com/8498669-post27.html

Do yourself a favor and delete what you said to me about your occupation. I'm sure your employer doesent want you bragging about it on an internet forum.

Former employer, I'm retired from that career and they don't have a problem with it, it's not classified.
Bragging...... Now that's funny!!!!
Why do I even bother posting here? It should be obvious even to you, using my background and knowledge to expose the tactics of the New Racists to those who are unaware. Oh yeah, I get it, if you're simply pointing out the black culture is solely responsible for their condition it's not racism...... Yeah, right...... Keep spinning and I'll keep pointing out the obvious. Maybe I can save some poor sucker from a fate like yours.

This thread has taken on an ugly racial tone which is not helpful. Racial and Nazi slurs only distract from your positions--they do not promote them.

I don't see the plight of Detroit as racial in any way. What program broke down the urban family? What agenda debauched the public schools over decades of corruption?

In 60 years of Democratic governance, how did Detroit end up with a 47% functional adult illiteracy rate? This is the story of a city committing suicide by destroying its seed corn. This was a long, deliberate process that has nothing to do with race.

It's not about race it's about control politics.

Literacy Statistics
The statistics are sobering: up to 47% of the City of Detroit adults are functionally illiterate, with Wayne County up to 36%, Macomb and Oakland at 13-15%. Many suburbs – including Pontiac (34%), Inkster (34%), Southfield (24%) – have high rates. Across Michigan, one in three adults reads below a 6th grade level.
Reading Works Detroit: Reading Skills in Detroit, Wayne, Oakland and Macomb, Michigan

Detroit’s 'shocking' 47 percent illiteracy rate

Nearly half of the adults in Detroit are functionally illiterate. Who's to blame for this jaw-dropping figure?
Detroit?s 'shocking' 47 percent illiteracy rate - The Week

coming in late...

i voted other.

in my opinion it was the unions fault first.

Former employer, I'm retired from that career and they don't have a problem with it, it's not classified.
Why do I even bother posting here? It should be obvious even to you, using my background and knowledge to expose the tactics of the New Racists to those who are unaware. Oh yeah, I get it, if you're simply pointing out the black culture is solely responsible for their condition it's not racism...... Yeah, right...... Keep spinning and I'll keep pointing out the obvious. Maybe I can save some poor sucker from a fate like yours.

Wait a second. I never said that black culture was solely responsible. I simply deduce that black culture is the largest barrier for blacks in the Post Jim Crow era.

Wait a second. I never said that black culture was solely responsible. I simply deduce that black culture is the largest barrier for blacks in the Post Jim Crow era.
And therein lies your fallacy. And you claim to have a BS in history.

This thread has taken on an ugly racial tone which is not helpful. Racial and Nazi slurs only distract from your positions--they do not promote them.

I don't see the plight of Detroit as racial in any way. What program broke down the urban family? What agenda debauched the public schools over decades of corruption?

In 60 years of Democratic governance, how did Detroit end up with a 47% functional adult illiteracy rate? This is the story of a city committing suicide by destroying its seed corn. This was a long, deliberate process that has nothing to do with race.

It's not about race it's about control politics.

Literacy Statistics
The statistics are sobering: up to 47% of the City of Detroit adults are functionally illiterate, with Wayne County up to 36%, Macomb and Oakland at 13-15%. Many suburbs – including Pontiac (34%), Inkster (34%), Southfield (24%) – have high rates. Across Michigan, one in three adults reads below a 6th grade level.
Reading Works Detroit: Reading Skills in Detroit, Wayne, Oakland and Macomb, Michigan

Detroit’s 'shocking' 47 percent illiteracy rate

Nearly half of the adults in Detroit are functionally illiterate. Who's to blame for this jaw-dropping figure?
Detroit?s 'shocking' 47 percent illiteracy rate - The Week

I would suggest that you look at the influence of the idea of "black power" in 1960's Detroit. Programs did not create the racist ideology of "black power." The local government of Detroit reflects the culture of Detroit just as the politics in the federal government reflects the culture of the nation as a whole. The OP goes into detail of how and why corrupt politicians in Detroit were given a pass by the electorate.

Last edited:

And therein lies your fallacy. And you claim to have a BS in history.

BA in history. How is it a fallacy? I tend to mostly agree with Thomas Sowell with respect to black culture. This is a fairly sound argument.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu_bKJ11O0M]Thomas Sowell - Culture Matters - YouTube[/ame]

coming in late...

i voted other.

in my opinion it was the unions fault first.

Or the overpaid CEOs and everyone's ridiculous perks. What I am saying is a lot of blame to go around to a lot of people plus bad management of both the city, auto industry.

Whoever said Blacks and Democrats were to blame, wha, wha ... you lose.

[Or the overpaid CEOs and everyone's ridiculous perks.

How did the CEO's ridiculous perks cause a 47% adult illiteracy rate after 60 years of Democrat governance of the city and school system?

After 60 years of Democrat rule, it's hard to play the blame game. How on Earth could Dems NOT be responsible?

Last edited:
[Or the overpaid CEOs and everyone's ridiculous perks.

How did the CEO's ridiculous perks cause a 47% adult illiteracy rate after 60 years of Democrat governance of the city and school system?

After 60 years of Democrat rule, it's hard to play the blame game.

You beat me to the response.

I grew up in Detroit and watched it decline into the sewer it is today.

My father owned several rental properties in the city, which he acquired in the 1950s, only to sell them in the late 1970s for almost nothing.

Many factors lead to it's decline. Busing, corruption, and ineffectiveness destroyed the p-schools; corrupt police department failed to control crime, explosion in welfare, illegitimacy, illiteracy, broken families, overwhelming city government corruption leading to a complete breakdown in effective governance, illegal drugs, gangs, purposeful destruction of small business via high taxation and regulations, complete cultural collapse, white flight, businesses fleeing, decline of auto industry employment.

To summarize, if you had to point to one thing that caused the city's decline, it was the natural consequence of oppressive big government policies....aka Progressivism.

Progressivism brought forth by a black population that made Detroit inhabitable for whites, and thereby gaining in electoral power, which enabled them to run the city into chaos.

Most blacks in Detroit loved Coleman Young and his successors, but they did not want the kind of corruption they and the city council committed. Sadly, they ignored the corruption that over the decades helped destroy the city. Blacks wanted black political leadership and were willing to ignore the corruption.

I would think any race or ethnic group that previously had no political leadership of their own, would respond the same way.

I grew up in Detroit and watched it decline into the sewer it is today.

My father owned several rental properties in the city, which he acquired in the 1950s, only to sell them in the late 1970s for almost nothing.

Many factors lead to it's decline. Busing, corruption, and ineffectiveness destroyed the p-schools; corrupt police department failed to control crime, explosion in welfare, illegitimacy, illiteracy, broken families, overwhelming city government corruption leading to a complete breakdown in effective governance, illegal drugs, gangs, purposeful destruction of small business via high taxation and regulations, complete cultural collapse, white flight, businesses fleeing, decline of auto industry employment.

To summarize, if you had to point to one thing that caused the city's decline, it was the natural consequence of oppressive big government policies....aka Progressivism.

Progressivism brought forth by a black population that made Detroit inhabitable for whites, and thereby gaining in electoral power, which enabled them to run the city into chaos.

Most blacks in Detroit loved Coleman Young and his successors, but they did not want the kind of corruption they and the city council committed. Sadly, they ignored the corruption that over the decades helped destroy the city. Blacks wanted black political leadership and were willing to ignore the corruption.

I would think any race or ethnic group that previously had no political leadership of their own, would respond the same way.

Perhaps you are right. It's not defensible, but lets just say that "any race or ethnic group that previously had no political leadership of their own, would respond the same way." At what point are they supposed to wake up and smell the coffee? So far it's been 50 years with little to no change in mindset. I believe it to be culturally inspired and it's going to be a tough nut for them to crack. Cultural change is slow and the black population in Detroit isn't exactly fixing the cultural problem.

Last edited:

Perhaps you are right. It's not defensible, but lets just say that "any race or ethnic group that previously had no political leadership of their own, would respond the same way." At what point are they supposed to wake up and smell the coffee? So far it's been 50 years with little to no change in mindset. I believe it to be culturally inspired and it's going to be a tough nut for them to crack. Culture changes much slower than politics.

Agreed.

It is doubly tough when you consider all the cultural depravity within the black community and the fact that illiteracy is extraordinarily high. Ignorant voters can be easily manipulated by the elites.

Perhaps you are right. It's not defensible, but lets just say that "any race or ethnic group that previously had no political leadership of their own, would respond the same way." At what point are they supposed to wake up and smell the coffee? So far it's been 50 years with little to no change in mindset. I believe it to be culturally inspired and it's going to be a tough nut for them to crack. Culture changes much slower than politics.

Agreed.

It is doubly tough when you consider all the cultural depravity within the black community and the fact that illiteracy is extraordinarily high. Ignorant voters can be easily manipulated by the elites.

It's the thug cycle. Yet another tough nut to crack. Ignorance begets further ignorance. This sums up the problem in Detroit quite nicely.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_wpLf8ULhk]Triumph of Black Power in Detroit has led towards the custodial state (John Derbyshire) - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

Forum List

Back