What is your Shelter in Place experience?

Due to the nature of the company I work for, I am considered essential and get to keep my job. For those who don't know, I live in Orange County California and commute to Los Angeles. I drive the notorious 91 freeway through Anaheim Canyon with the Santa Ana river on one side and the Cleveland National Forest on the other, no side streets or alternate routes through. So this was my week.

Monday - the freeway was deserted. The 91 isn't this clear on at 2 in the morning on a Sunday. The I-5 wide open as well.
Tuesday - A little more traffic - the 5 loaded up a little by the construction zone near Beach,
Wednesday - Going in was like Tuesday, the 91 came to a stop near the 241 junction, but no more than a 10 minute delay
Thursday - Traffic got heavy by the 55-91 split. The 5 came to a dead stop near beach
Friday - Almost back to pre- quarantine traffic

So basically, California obeyed the "shelter in place" order for about 2 days.

We just had our Public Bible discourse for our congregation, and our Watchtower Bible study, yesterday via an internet download which allowed those in our congregation to comment on each question and see each other while commenting. Before and after the c. 90 minute program we were able to wave and have cross conversations to each other. Not the same as actually being at our place of worship (= Kingdom Hall), but close enough! Very encouraging.

We also encouraged one another by phone calls and e-mails. Personally I shared some of my Bible research on c. 42 of the Scriptures at our last convention which we had at our Hall (our last actual public meeting) a few weeks ago.

One of the Scriptures I shared was

3. Proverbs 22:3 – shrewd sees danger & conceals; inexperienced go > consequences

The actual verse:

Proverbs 22:3
3 The shrewd one sees the danger and conceals himself,But the inexperienced keep right on going and suffer the consequences.*

Which is what many governmental authorities (Romans 13:1-5) have directed us to "shelter in place" which is concealing ourselves.

I live in a state with a stay at home order, but being a truck driver I'm exempt from all stay at home orders.

Not much has changed for me since this started. Just fewer idiots on the road to deal with.

7th day of shelter in place aka SIP
thank God for steaming TV and the internet
been seeing a lot of people walking around the block
people wearing masks and gloves
amazon is back ordered

I've been “sheltered in place” for more than half a year, now, due to breaking my leg last September.

And as fate would have it, just about the point in my recovery when I really need to start getting out again, this COVID-19 hysteria hits.

Forum List

Back