What is your Shelter in Place experience?

7th day of shelter in place aka SIP
thank God for steaming TV and the internet
been seeing a lot of people walking around the block
people wearing masks and gloves
amazon is back ordered
We haven't officially HAD Shelter in Place here in Valparaiso, Indiana. All bars/restaurants are closed except for pick up orders, and all of the fast food joints have drive thru service only. All grocery stores and drug stores are still open, as well as gas station/convenience stores. So there's been very little change in those areas. The biggest change being you can't dine INSIDE any restaurants or bars. It hasn't been bad at all here.

amazon is back ordered
9BDC3D49-0911-456E-8D78-47CCAA299F0E.jpeg
EBC1498D-8ED7-480B-A42D-FD196348A67C.jpeg
D52BB50B-0003-4BDC-88D7-C270E6149875.jpeg
D97BC32F-9962-4F72-925D-61620A2FB95C.jpeg

amazon is back ordered

Let's see . . .

Here in Eastern Maryland I drove the wife by her office to pick up a spare monitor and laptop so she can work from home. We then stopped by my university so I could grab updated lesson plans and socialize with some of the faculty. From there we hit a Redner's grocery store and a Walmart for dinner idea ingriedients. All in all, the volume of traffic was almost identical to a normal spring day. People were out on the beltway, the parkways, and the highway—just like always. Contractors were parked in driveways, and restaurant parking lots were humming at midday. So much for the apocalypse. The shrimp jambalaya I cooked up was amazing . . .

There is a lot that we CAN do. We have been going for walks/hikes, taking bike and motorcycle rides, going to the store and pharmacy. Obviously, spending time on the internet, YouTube, television, Netflix, writing emails to connect with some people I haven't communicated with for a while.

But...

Can't bowl, can't golf, can't eat out, can't get together with friends or relatives, can't go to church, can't do my volunteer stuff (drive a bus for Seniors), can't go to the gym, can't go to regular retail stores. No kind of actual travel. Cannot PLAN anything (we would normally be lining up a few trips - "vacations" - for the rest of the year).

While I'm not affected anywhere near as much as someone who needs to work to eat (I'm comfortably retired), this is still a pain in the ass and I want my life back. Frankly, I would be willing to go back to normal and roll the dice. If I get sick, I get sick. Fuck it.

Work from home.

Spend to much time on this board.

Working on my furniture projects.

Getting sprinklers up and running.

Pulling weeds....they are pissed I might give them the virus.

I've been splitting my shelter in place between two places. Home and work. It's been nice seeing fewer cars on the road, but now that the pandemic hoax is crumbling, I am starting to see more and more cars on the road at rush hour.

Forum List

Back